Just a thought..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

holmca

Registered Shopper
I phoned Customer Services this morning, as I had ordered a pair of Clarks boots on the 10th (internet). They were still in stock and I ordered them before the Clarks show. So on my account they were listed as In progress. Yesterday they showed up on my account as Waitlisted. So being a bit annoyed I assumed that they had given "my" pair of boots to someone else, so I phoned them.

They told me that they were checking the boots before they were sent to me as some had been returned complaining of bad stitching, so they wanted to double check them before they were sent out. Obviously I am not in any rush for Winter boots so if I did have to wait for them its not a problem (next batch comes in October, so still under the 3 month waitlist time limit).

Anyway the whole point of me writing this is that some people have said on here that they have received something and the bag has been resealed, therefore it has to be someones return and they are not happy.

It could be that QVC have done a double check on the item for whatever reason and its not a return. That has to be good surely, it means that they take note of bad reviews and why things are returned and do something about it.

It is good that QVC check and I've had this happen with items but, when QVC check parcels like this, they usually leave a label that says it has been opened for quality control purposes.

If QVC have opened a parcel it will have their quality control sticker or tape over the resealed packaging, I've had a couple of these.

QVC roll out the "we detected a quality issue" myth whenever they can't fulfil an order, I've had this letter template every time an "in progress" order is relegated to "awaiting stock" or worse "cancelled". They must think we're stupid or don't communicate with other shoppers!

Clarks will be chuffed to hear their stitching is dodgy!

Have you looked at the Clarks website for the same boots? They deliver very quickly with free p&p. An if they don't fit (or suit) you can return them for free too!

Have you looked at the Clarks website for the same boots? They deliver very quickly with free p&p. An if they don't fit (or suit) you can return them for free too!

Thank you Akimbo, I will have a look as they are now back to waitlisted again. My problem is that some of the UK companies won't send to France, and if they do the postage is through the roof. Thats one advantage of QVC.

Just had a quick look and I can't see the boot I wanted. Interestingly QVC did have the taller boot which I decided against for GBP50 (clearance but now gone). On the Clarks site it is Euro 129.95! Quite a difference!

Latest posts

Back