Deal of the day - Don't!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
It looks like a good deal, all that make up and bags for less than £20 all in, but the actual make up is nasty. I fell for the hype over the summer bronzing kit they did recently. I was actually very lucky 'cause I missed out on the deal of the day, and managed to get exactly the same configuration from Ebay for half the dotd price and more than half the p&p - and I still felt it was a waste of money.

The eyeshadows and in my case the bronzing powder was really crumbly and went everywhere, mostly where you didn't want it...ie down your face, over your clothes, the carpet. The facial bronzer made me look as though I'd been in a fight, and the body bronzer made me look like I'd applied one of those dodgy self tans you could buy in 1970's and '80's. The lipsticks and glosses looked nice but had absolutely zero staying power. The mascara had a handy mirror on the casing which was fab, but the product itself was pretty mediocre and not a patch on the mascara I normally use (Jerome Alexander believe it or not and imo the best you can get) - The eyeliner pencils weren't bad though. In the end I used the main toiletries bag that came with the kit to put a set of toiletries I'd bought my mate for a present in, the bronzer I have been using very sparingly and carefully, as for the rest, I put it in the charity shop. The sumptuous brush they give you is really small and hasn't got a proper handle...In fact the whole set's crap, and pretty much completely opposite to what they're telling you.

Helen told us that as soon as she saw this, she phoned her mum and said we MUST get this - and they bought a set between them - Somehow I can't see Helen settling for anything less than Mac or Borjeois cosmetics!

So another Tatt of The Day then!

Mum Bates and Mum Brash must be absolutely minted because they seem to buy everything from the channels.

Was this makeup set on before ? Can't they do anything else ? Why shopping channels always sell the same old stuff like karcher, vibrapower.

Was this makeup set on before ? Can't they do anything else ? Why shopping channels always sell the same old stuff like karcher, vibrapower.

Sadly they are not alone, IW is incredibly repetitive with their products as well (like the Tefal Actifry).

I suppose it must all sell though.

I have to admit I am tempted to buy todays deal of the day (whistling gnome). I had the plastic parrot that would wolf whistle if you walk past it... also it would repeat anything you say (was called a Chatimal lol). When I moved in with my partner a few years back she stamped on it when we were unpacking.... she claimed it was an accident but I fear the same fate may fall upon the gnomes if I dare buy them :mysmilie_503:

Thought I'd give this thread a bump as I've just seen today's deal of the day! Yes, the phillip mercier interchangeable watch set. I bought that last year from the channels, it was £4.99 and not even being sold at a "special" price, this is how much it dropped to - so how they can say £7.99's any kind of deal beats me AND I was able to order online too, saving myself the price of the phonecall, you can't for DOTD! That aside, the product itself is completely horrible. It looked such a good idea but the quality was shocking. Where shall I start? The straps - They're made out of plastic, its hard to describe, but I can only compare it with the thin plastic they use in a throwaway table cloth but made a little bit thicker. The spikes onto which you thread the straps are not very effective and the straps work loose very easily and every time you take it of they straps fly off and the watch face falls on the floor. Both the straps I used before I binned it, split away from the backing. The watch face is so tiny it's ridiculous, and the bezels (screw on coloured bits) are made from really crappy metal as you can see they're not painted at the back, and have sharp edges. PLEASE FOLKS DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT!

Thought I'd give this thread a bump as I've just seen today's deal of the day! Yes, the phillip mercier interchangeable watch set. I bought that last year from the channels, it was £4.99 and not even being sold at a "special" price, this is how much it dropped to - so how they can say £7.99's any kind of deal beats me AND I was able to order online too, saving myself the price of the phonecall, you can't for DOTD! That aside, the product itself is completely horrible. It looked such a good idea but the quality was shocking. Where shall I start? The straps - They're made out of plastic, its hard to describe, but I can only compare it with the thin plastic they use in a throwaway table cloth but made a little bit thicker. The spikes onto which you thread the straps are not very effective and the straps work loose very easily and every time you take it of they straps fly off and the watch face falls on the floor. Both the straps I used before I binned it, split away from the backing. The watch face is so tiny it's ridiculous, and the bezels (screw on coloured bits) are made from really crappy metal as you can see they're not painted at the back, and have sharp edges. PLEASE FOLKS DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT!
Philip Mercier is the cheapest of the cheap.I can remember James Russell introducing some of it by saying 'Now if you've ever dreamed of owning Philip Mercier this is the night we're going to make it affordable for you'.
The man has absolutely no shame whatsoever!

Argos sell the same set for £14.99 but without the branding of that master horologist Philip Mercier.

And here was me thinking Philip was holed up in his Geneva watch studio :giggle:

http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=5444329

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9350823.htm

"Philip Mercier produces time pieces that incorporate the classic and the contemporary; a fusion of traditional elegance and trend-setting style" ha ha :giggle:

How long have they been doing 'social media' specials?

A special ‪#‎jewellery‬ piece for a special person in your life - this 0.50ct Diamond 9ct Gold Trilogy Ring is our social media special this week.

There is only one, so make sure you're the one and get in early here > http://bit.ly/15CXtuI

This beautiful trilogy ring features claw set round stones in a delicate 9ct yellow gold band.

How long have they been doing 'social media' specials?

A special ‪#‎jewellery‬ piece for a special person in your life - this 0.50ct Diamond 9ct Gold Trilogy Ring is our social media special this week.

There is only one, so make sure you're the one and get in early here > http://bit.ly/15CXtuI

This beautiful trilogy ring features claw set round stones in a delicate 9ct yellow gold band.

Well let's hope the buyer is happy with the ring because there's a good chance they won't be allowed to say anything negative about it on Sit-Up's social networking sites :giggle:

no way did those bullshit watches sell out.

sho....ck...ed

edit: apologies... my language got the best of me again.

Well it's better than calling them the bullshit timepieces :p

PJ

Actually Mr PJ I think you'll find Philip Mercier offers horology at it's best.

Well that's what James Russell says anyway and he is as honourable a telly shopping presenter as I have ever known. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back