Honora TSV 28/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope this TSV is not more ring pearls or what I call mishapes Ralf keeps bringing these days. I'm sure he must be able to buy these in bulk so a TSV is offered at a good price for the QVC customer, but I would like to see some classic pearls in a modern design. I know we all like different things , but Honora does seem to be getting very samey of late.

Pandora I dislike the ring pearls too. I`ve bought loads of things from this ebay seller, the downside is they take a month to arrive, the upside is everything I`ve had from them has been lovely quality and I simply don`t know how they sell them for the price.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/no2shops

Wow! Thanks Vienna, I'll have a good browse later. I think I may order some pearls for my nieces for Xmas presents, the prices seem really amazing and it's good to have a recommendation as I'm quite wary of ebay.

Pandora I dislike the ring pearls too. I`ve bought loads of things from this ebay seller, the downside is they take a month to arrive, the upside is everything I`ve had from them has been lovely quality and I simply don`t know how they sell them for the price.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/no2shops

Thanks for the link Vienna.
Some lovely stuff there but my only worry is getting charged customs and VAT. Have you ever been charged?
Also if you buy several items do they pack them all together?
I'm thinking it may be safer to order separately as a more expensive package is likely to get charged.
Thanks.

PS I hate ring pearls too!

Thanks for the link Vienna.
Some lovely stuff there but my only worry is getting charged customs and VAT. Have you ever been charged?
Also if you buy several items do they pack them all together?
I'm thinking it may be safer to order separately as a more expensive package is likely to get charged.
Thanks.
Hi red no I`ve never been charged customs or VAT. Order stuff separately and they send it snail mail which is why it takes so long to arrive. They come in small padded envelopes with the word trinket sample written on them, value $5 and they go through customs without problem. I simply order a batch of gift boxes from a supplier on ebay then package them myself for gifts at Christmas or birthdays. If you want the packaging link then let me know, I buy the proper leatherette jewellery gift boxes and once the pearl jewellery in packaged they certainly look the part. At the end of the day this simply what Honora, your local jewllery shop and other sellers do too.

I only really like the ringed pearls and I love all the bright and pastel colours. But traditional pearls are just not my thing. I have white pearl earrings and a simple solitaire pearl ring but they just never get worn.

Bit of a reject myself so that might explain it :happy:

Hope it isn't another boring plain string of smallish pearls or plain stud earrings.

they did a set of 5 shepherd hook earrings - i wear them quite a lot - always wished they had done another colour in that - they were really popular,sold out quick - i thought that they would be done again at some point

Ringed pearls used to be rejects, now Honora has made them the main stay of their range for QVC. No doubt keeping the good stuff for their boutique in NYC

I think you are right, they have some much more expensive stock in the NY Boutique which I visited last year.Had a great time chatting to the ladies in there! Will be dropping in again in about 5 weeks but must try not to buy! There is little offered on Q these days which really makes me think 'must have'.

Thanks SKW! these might tempt me--but maybe not? have enough white pearls.One thing I have against Honora earings is that the fastenings are often flimsy.

I don't like them either & I wouldn't have thought bronze was a good metal for pierced earring fittings, being a copper & tin alloy that soon oxidises.

I bet they're not really cheap, even though bronze is a cheap alloy, as Honora seem to over price their bronze items.

Latest posts

Back