Best / worst voices on QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Whose voice do you like / not like? Why?

Alison Keenan - I like her rather polished, well enunciated diction.
Dale Franklin - Has a pleasant, relaxing voice.
Tova - her vocal delivery just makes me laugh! She sounds so stuck up!
Kathy Tayler - I like how she sounds.
Suzy Adams - What a strange voice! She's like a Riddler meets a dalek, meet's an M&S voice-ver artiste.

DISLIKE

Alison Young - screechy and scratchy! Horrible!
Ann Dawson - just gives me a headache.
Richard Jackson - "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" shrieking gnome!
Anna Cookson (glad she's gone) - She tried to do the "Emma B from Radio 1 thing" of making her voice go all funny at the end of a sentence.
Jill Franks - her voice just oozes insincerity.

Like - got to agree with your choice of Alison Keenan's diction. Also, she's intelligent and well read so she can usually say something more interesting than most of the others.
George Simonton - so gentle and from a bygone age. Like a quiet Liberace, if you can picture such a person.
Jilly Jones in the kitchen - friendly and slightly too obsessed with yogurt and choppers. I bet she's good fun on a night out.

Dislikes -
Micael (spelling?) too nasal, droning....
Debbie Flint - barrow boy
Keeley Elemis - she can't help her lisp but it drives me mad after about 15 minutes even though I love the products
Richard Jackson - just plain annoying
Mally - EEEKKKK!!! Exhausting and shouty.
Glen Campbell - stuttery, stammery, patronising and needs a new script

IMO Best the chappie you does yankee with the long hair, he's informative no hard sell and no yelling. Worst Ali Y screeching like a stuck bird

IMO Best the chappie you does yankee with the long hair, he's informative no hard sell and no yelling. Worst Ali Y screeching like a stuck bird

Agree with this Rubyrat, also like Rosa's voice. Pippa's voice goes through me and Craig's way of speaking is annoying.

Former Xmas lights and windy umbrella guest Dexter Moscow has a lovely calming voice, and can speak without relying on clichés and shopping telly sound bites. Ditch the Gauntlet and bring Dexter back!

Chloe sounds common as muck, and charlie is so smarmy and patronising sounding. Both make me mute the sound

Yes I agree about Charlie Brook. Dexter Moacow was ok. Jilly Jones is alright. Pipa has a horrible voice.

Ali Keenan, no umming or ahhing, no clichés, just a smooth, eloquent delivery. If only the rest could manage it.

Worst is Ann Dawson by far, "oh my goodness" she makes my head hurt.

Simon Biaggi doesn't have a bad voice or diction but can't watch him presenting
Ali K good speaking voice but sometimes talks too quickly
Jackie fairly pleasant and articulate

AY her voice grates on me same with Anne Dawson Pippa, Claire,Dale,Craig.
The Prai lady and Keeley also make me turn off and Dennis Basso has the worst voice ever.

I don't mind Craigs voice actually, hes from Bristol, like me, and its nice to see somebody from Bristol on tv.

Worst has to Dennis Basso, his voice sounds like he smokes about 80 a day

It's not just his voice I can't stand looking at him.
Lynn

Kim from Montreal, Canada has the most exhausting voice ever, I need a lie down after listening to her and I can't even understand what she says! I once listened intently to her spiel and it didn't make sense at all.
Alison K has a lovely voice, very calming.

Lol I forgot about Dennis Basso! He certainly has a distinctive voice! I quite like it! It alternates between growling bear and castrato! I actually quite like his voice. He would be great for playing a pantomime villain!

hmmm. I'd like to put in a vote for Chuntley. She's easy on the ear. I like Jackie too. I like Pipa but she can get a bit hyper. Alison Keenan is fine but needs to slow down. Even Dale isn't too bad.

For the guests, I like Rosa and Leslie Ebbets. George Simonton is fine too. As for Basso - he sounds like he might hawk up a bucket of phlegm at any moment.

Catherine Huntley is tooo syrupy she sounds like she wants management approval too much. Kathy taylor is lovely just being herself no airs and graces and sounds sincere.

george Simonton he's a sweetheart isn't he. craig gives me the creeps. love silver fox dale. hes a bit cheeky but I actually like when he's presenting does not take himself tooooo seriously.

will miss Julian ballyntyne he was just himself warts and all. like Julia Roberts as she is very good at her job not sure I would trust her as far as I could throw her though!

Ah yes, Catherine Huntley - she does sound very syrupy and saccharine! When I was a kid I took a load of "Nutra Sweet" pills in my mouth (hundreds) and took a swig of water (it was part of a silly dare). Yuck! I never want to see or taste another one of those things again! That's what Huntley is like.

My favourite voices are: Steven from Yankee Candle, Astrid from Vercella Vita, Richard from Penhaligons, Charlie QVC, Catherine H QVC.
Irritating voices: Kim from Kim and co, Abbey the techie, Mally, Kelly Hoppen, Emma Hardie, Claire S QVC
There are lots more irritating but that's my top dislikes ;-)

Latest posts

Back