Turbie Towels

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
400080, Turbie Twist set of 4 hair towels, £19.50 + £3.95 p+p. I bought one from Home Bargains for 99p. The ones on the Q may be of better quality, but mine does the job well enough for the price I paid. £3.96 v £23.45 (incl. postage); I know JF says she doesn't like this phrase (!), but it really is a "no brainer".

Slightly more expensive, but a set of 2 from Dunelm cost around £4.00 and last for absolutely ever

I can't believe anyone would pay nearly £25.00 for these. I would love to know how many they have sold.

I've had smallish ones from Poundland and bigger ones (pet towels) from B & M, but my best cost £3.99 from Aldi and is huge, it's a sports towel - came in a little net bag - I would no way be paying Q prices for anything like that!

I've always managed to turn my ordinary bath towels into a turban............ so I wouldn't even consider buying anything else even for a pound :giggle: since I simply don't need it. I'm sure half the time they are trying to create a demand where there really isn't any need. IMHO

pound shop all the way for me lol...and now dunhelm mill too ...thankyou for the hints and tips everybody ..if i have any i will postx

Who would pay all that money for a few silly turbie towels? It's easy to make a turban from a regular towel anyway. Everyone knows that! As for Jill Franks, SHE is a no-brainer. Can't stand the silly, vapid, insipid old bag! She is like a shrivelled, prune-line version of Karen Carpenter - minus the talent. At least Karen Carpenter could sing. What does Jill Franks actually do? I hear her say once she was a dancer. Then another time she said she used to manage a dental practice. Maybe she's tried different things. I just don't understand what exactly is the key to her career longevity? She is not very good at her job. She is not likeable. She doesn't seem to have any redeeming features. At lease with old bimbette Sutton you can laugh at her silly affectations, but Franks is just vile!

Who would pay all that money for a few silly turbie towels? It's easy to make a turban from a regular towel anyway. Everyone knows that! As for Jill Franks, SHE is a no-brainer. Can't stand the silly, vapid, insipid old bag! She is like a shrivelled, prune-line version of Karen Carpenter - minus the talent. At least Karen Carpenter could sing. What does Jill Franks actually do? I hear her say once she was a dancer. Then another time she said she used to manage a dental practice. Maybe she's tried different things. I just don't understand what exactly is the key to her career longevity? She is not very good at her job. She is not likeable. She doesn't seem to have any redeeming features. At lease with old bimbette Sutton you can laugh at her silly affectations, but Franks is just vile!

I really don't like seeing anyone being made jobless but, like you Julius, the reason for Franksy still working at the Q is beyond me, too. The consensus appears to be, that she is not too popular with the viewers, yet the Q must rate her presenting skills - misnomer, in my book! - for her to be on our screens so much. Wonder how her contract compares, financially, to those of the other presenters?

I have only ever once speaking with any sincerity and that was regarding the Pilates machine.she was swooshing her bunions through the air while simultaneously extolling the virtues of that machine tha ....you guessed it....she couldn't live without. It was clear that she was familiar with the machine though.

I remember her demonstrating a foot spa when she first began as an ordinary presenter. She had horrible long pointed toe nails---sorry if I've made anyone feel sick.

Latest posts

Back