No email address from me !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Although I order on-line (which isn't a lot these days), I have refused to let QVC have my email address so that I don't get inundated with lots of rubbish.

NOW I hear from Kathy Taylor this morning, that the goalposts are changing for online ordering. Instead of giving the 4 digit pass number, you have to give your email address - for reasons of security. What a load of b.....s...t. Surely email addresses are easier to crack than a personal 4 digit code. NO, its yet another ploy from Q to get your address for marketing reasons. Things must really be bad.

Sorry Q, on this customer you've had the opposite effect from the one you wanted !

Although I order on-line (which isn't a lot these days), I have refused to let QVC have my email address so that I don't get inundated with lots of rubbish.

NOW I hear from Kathy Taylor this morning, that the goalposts are changing for online ordering. Instead of giving the 4 digit pass number, you have to give your email address - for reasons of security. What a load of b.....s...t. Surely email addresses are easier to crack than a personal 4 digit code. NO, its yet another ploy from Q to get your address for marketing reasons. Things must really be bad.

Sorry Q, on this customer you've had the opposite effect from the one you wanted !

Hi they have my email address but I don't get loads of marketing email's in fact not a one as I opted out I just get orders, dispatch and easypay emails. Although I agree with you it's not for security that's funny!

I just had an email this morning from them reminding me of the Laura Geller TSV that was 3 weeks ago.
Lynn

I get a monthly email update and that is all. Which I did sign up for.

Same here. I only receive information on things that I requested.

This doesn't apply to QVC, but in general. I would prefer to delete an unwanted email than have to run to answer the telephone to someone who is selling me something I am not interested in.

In Q's defence, the customer can decide which e-mails they send you.
I get the Monthly newsletter and TSV notifications only on the products I'm interested in.
They've never bombarded me with e-mails at all.

I've given QVC my email addy and don't have an issue with the emails they send me (esp the ones containing EZ Pay LOL). However typing out my (long) email addy will be a pain - the 4 digit number was easy to bang out :thinking:

I'm yet another qvc customer that doesn't get emails from them. As you can opt out of receiving emails I don't see this as an issue.

I've given QVC my email addy and don't have an issue with the emails they send me (esp the ones containing EZ Pay LOL). However typing out my (long) email addy will be a pain - the 4 digit number was easy to bang out :thinking:

In the past, whenever I have ordered online using the laptop, I only need to enter the 1st letter of email add. and the full address is automatically entered....so, if that continues it will be even easier........we live in hope that doesn't change haha x

To sign in or order online I am always asked QVC membership number and pin, not e-mail address.

To sign in or order online I am always asked QVC membership number and pin, not e-mail address.
Hi, Sazza, how odd that a company has different formats for one aim.....just to place an order - no wonder there's so much concern amongst the presenters...they really don't know how the Q. will make their next move

I only order on line and have done for many years. It only asks me for my membership number and four digit pin.

The ones I don't like is when they ask if I want to login in via Facebook, so I always say no. I always feel that if I said Yes then whichever site it is will have access to my personal stuff and friends. If Q ever did this I would be very unhappy.

I only order on line and have done for many years. It only asks me for my membership number and four digit pin.
The ones I don't like is when they ask if I want to login in via Facebook, so I always say no. I always feel that if I said Yes then whichever site it is will have access to my personal stuff and friends. If Q ever did this I would be very unhappy.

Same here, BUT NOW they are doing away with the 4 digit pin, and its email addresses only - but, if as other forumites have expressed, that they don't inundate you with endless marketing, then there will be no option but to give it a go.

I don't like the sound of that either, surely email addresses are easier to get?

The log in page takes the 8 digit membership number or email address then the 4 digit pin. It's handy for OH because he doesn't order v often, whereas my 8 digit membership number is indelibly tattooed on my brain! Surely we'll still need the PIN? Maybe the 8 digit number is being phased out?

I'm yet another qvc client that doesn't get e-mails from them and i get the Per month publication and TSV notices only on the items I'm enthusiastic about.

Same here, BUT NOW they are doing away with the 4 digit pin, and its email addresses only - but, if as other forumites have expressed, that they don't inundate you with endless marketing, then there will be no option but to give it a go.

from my email from Q....
"So the next time that you want to order from our website, you’ll need to log on with your email address and QVC pin, instead of using your membership number. "

So they're just changing to login to use your email address rather than your membership number & the pin remains - not really sure what the panic is about - isn't this pretty std for most online shopping ?

atleast I've a chance of remembering you emial adrress - never remembered my membership number !

Just had an e-mail and it confirms the changes, it is the membership number they are doing away with not the PIN number

"As you know, we are always looking at ways to improve your shopping experience with us, at the same time making sure that your customer information is kept secure.

In our latest development, we have made a change which may affect the way you log onto www.qvcuk.com. So the next time that you want to order from our website, you’ll need to log on with your email address and QVC pin, instead of using your membership number. As most of our customers are already using their email address, you may not need to change the way you log in. However, as this is a more secure way to access your account, we are withdrawing the less secure method of using your membership number instead.

As a valued customer, we want to continue to make it easy for you to shop using our website and also make it as secure as possible

If you have any questions at all, please drop us an email at [email protected] or you can call us on 0800 197 5055."

Latest posts

Back