Vitamix TSV 24/08/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see QVC.com have a Vitamix as the TSV today for $379.90 and free P+P
Wonder what ours will be.
Currency converter today $379.90 = £242.89 so ours most likely to be around £500.00 given the poor value for money QVCUK give us in the UK.

i love my vitamix...got it from iw flexi pay...if you live on smoothies ...soups or love making relish this is top notch ...quite expensive but great quality imho...so far wouldnt touch another make .....many great reviews convinced me...the only drawback is can b a bit noisy ...still love it though

QVCUK don't seem to bother about the exchange rate, we never get as good value for money, as QVC.com give their customers. I reckon, maybe £397.00 - £425.00.

They are selling in Costco if anyone has a card (may have online too) - not sure of price as DH dragged me away from the demo (he was scared I may want to buy one!) I an sure it was over £300 even before VAT

Vitamix Creations Multi Function Blender with Accessories
QVC Price: £455.00

Today's Special Value Price :

£378.96

P&P: £7.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Vitamix-Creations-Multi-Function-Blender-with-Accessories.product.802305.html

Although I was in the ball park, I think that is too much to pay for such a machine, even if the quality merits it and, as I have never used a Vitamix, I cannot comment on that. I can think of better uses for the money. Like a nice clogau ring / pendant.

I recently bought one if these, and I have to say its worth every penny, I bought it having researched blenders/juicers, when I took it out if the box I expected to be disappointed after reading all the hype, but it exceeded my expectations, it makes better smoothies than smoothie bars, makes hot soup in 6 minutes, makes ice cream, chops, you name it, it does it, I use it at least 3x per day. I never thought I could love a kitchen appliance so much! It's not like using a juicer or a regular blender( and I've had ninjas etc), yes it is a lot if money, but more than worth it in my opinion, I wouldn't be without mine now .

I have one given to me by my X MIL she used to demonstrate them in shops and at shows back in the late 80's early 90's.
I love it but would never have been able to justifie spending this sort of money on a kitchen appliance.
If you do eat a lot of soups, smoothies etc then it is the best.
I also use it to make liver cake for the dogs, it is the only thing I have ever found which can process raw liver.
My only complaint is it is very wasteful if you are only doing a small amount as so much gets left behind on the blades, it is also a pig to clean when you use it for anything"sticky" even if you do run it with water and washing up liquid as recommended. It always takes several goes.

I have one given to me by my X MIL she used to demonstrate them in shops and at shows back in the late 80's early 90's.
I love it but would never have been able to justifie spending this sort of money on a kitchen appliance.
If you do eat a lot of soups, smoothies etc then it is the best.
I also use it to make liver cake for the dogs, it is the only thing I have ever found which can process raw liver.
My only complaint is it is very wasteful if you are only doing a small amount as so much gets left behind on the blades, it is also a pig to clean when you use it for anything"sticky" even if you do run it with water and washing up liquid as recommended. It always takes several goes.

Bit off topic, Madmax but, as I have two boxers, I would be interested to know how you make liver cake.

I got an email from Q today offering me the opportunity to buy the Tsv now, referring to me as a valued home style customer, not sure what they actually mean by that as the only items for the home I have bought from Q are the small slow cooker they did a while back and yankee candles, oh and not forgetting the ice cream maker I never use! Apparently this item is on 3 Ez pays, won't be buying though, have had enough of kitchen gadgets I never use:giggle:

From those that own one, I would be interested to know if its purely the motor power that makes this a good product. I only ask because I have a ninja, and comparing the blades of the V on the website, they look identical to the ninja. Admittedly the ninja is only capable of short bursts for blending, but is the amount of money for the V justifiable for making hot soup ??

I really am interested and may be tempted to buy one, but is it too much money realistically for a person living on their own, or is it basically for families ?

Bit off topic, Madmax but, as I have two boxers, I would be interested to know how you make liver cake.

To make liver cake I take:
The CHEAPEST liver I can find usually OX
Eggs,
Olive oil,
Rice flour,
Oat flour,
Dried herbs ,garlic powder
1: Grind the oats and rice until it is fine (in the Vitamix).
2:Blend the liver with the eggs ( in the Vitamix, it will look as though someone has died) until smooth.
3: Add the olive oil
4: SLOWLY add in the herbs, garlic, rice and oat flour until it is like cake mixture.
5:pour in to a shallow baking tin (I use my Q silicon bake ware) until it is about half an inch thick.
6: Microwave until it is set.
7: Allow to go cold
8: Cut into the size pieces you need
9: Put back into a large baking tin in a single layer and put BACK INTO a HOT oven to dry out.
10: How long you leave it depends on how hard you need it.
I always make a BIG batch and store some in an air tight container and freeze the rest.
I use this for training classes ,treats during the day and when out walking as a reward for coming back to me. I quite often have a trail of dogs following me down the beach.
It sounds a lot more difficult than it actually is and there are no hard and fast quantities I just use my instinct.

From those that own one, I would be interested to know if its purely the motor power that makes this a good product. I only ask because I have a ninja, and comparing the blades of the V on the website, they look identical to the ninja. Admittedly the ninja is only capable of short bursts for blending, but is the amount of money for the V justifiable for making hot soup ??

I really am interested and may be tempted to buy one, but is it too much money realistically for a person living on their own, or is it basically for families ?

hi, brissles, I have had a Vitamix for 3-4yrs and I love it. The motor is 2hp and it's the high speed friction which heats the ingredients to make piping hot soup in 6-7mins. I agree the Ninja will perform probably almost all the same tasks as Vitamix, however the V. gives a more velvety textured result to smoothies etc. You just wash fruit/veg......no need to remove pips or stalks as the V. 'liquidises' completely, however, it's advisable to peel citrus as the taste is toooo strong, also bananas, pineapple, mangoes should be peeled.....but don't throw peelings away, put in V. with water + add used teabags, eggshells etc....blend on high speed until liquidised and use as compost.........so, nothing is wasted! The rule of thumb is that you can put any food you would normally eat raw into the V. raw to make soup incl. whole celery sticks, (which is the bane of ordinary blenders as it 'strings' around the blades and usually damages/breaks them) so,for example, you need to boil/steam potatoes and I prefer to lightly steam broccoli 1st.
If you want a chunky soup, just turn to lower speed and add chunks of any leftover cooked veg/meat to combine as needed - 30secs or so.

I add handful raw spinach to all my smoothies....delicious.....and....you get the whole fruit 'juiced',

Make your own chicken stock.......simmer the 'picked over' roast chicken carcass in water as normal and then roughly break up and put in V. (incl hot liquid) blend on high speed for approx 10mins and voila completely smooth stock..allow to cool and freeze in ice cube tray.

Make hot porridge, scrambled eggs with

oops, sorry but I'm not very technically minded............ here's the rest.......

Make hot porridge, scrambled eggs with no constant stirring. Mince raw meat(low speed), mayo, cappuccino on-the-go for pennies(use insulated mug incl.) crush ice to snow for 'slush' drinks and much more. There are lots of recipes on www.vitamix.com

It's expensive for what some might say is a glorified blender but using it just once a day for year will average just over £1 per day........and thereafter it's FREE!

The same package QVC has for £378.96 is £509 at vitamix.co.uk

N.B. M&S STARBUCKS COSTA McDONALDS etc ALL use VITAMIX so you can make your favourite hot/cold drinks with the same result for a few pence.

oops, sorry but I'm not very technically minded............ here's the rest.......

Make hot porridge, scrambled eggs with no constant stirring. Mince raw meat(low speed), mayo, cappuccino on-the-go for pennies(use insulated mug incl.) crush ice to snow for 'slush' drinks and much more. There are lots of recipes on www.vitamix.com

It's expensive for what some might say is a glorified blender but using it just once a day for year will average just over £1 per day........and thereafter it's FREE!

The same package QVC has for £378.96 is £509 at vitamix.co.uk

N.B. M&S STARBUCKS COSTA McDONALDS etc ALL use VITAMIX so you can make your favourite hot/cold drinks with the same result for a few pence.

Oh, will have to try porridge and scrambled eggs!

Latest posts

Back