Please think about the programming schedule...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

holmca

Registered Shopper
Here I am enjoying my lunch and the Customer Favourites hour comes on. What do they show me? Someone using the Micro Pedi.

Personally I do not want to see someone filing their feet when I am eating, so I have turned over. What would they show us next? A live demonstration of that pelvic floor machine?

Please Q think about the timings you show these things. Ok I know that if I get up early and tune in there is the chance that I can have Mally and AJ screaming at me at 4am, but this is live TV.

And No I don't think I am being overly sensitive.

I don't have a television...and if I did I wouldn't want to watch it whilst eating anyway. The only television I watch is watched via the internet. I like to watch Labas Rytas Lietuva, Prisoner Cell Block H and music videos. I really hate it when TV is on in the background.

Some of us can't bear to live alone in silence though ! The tv goes on as soon as I get up - its a presence, and I watch the news channels. I agree with Holmca, the timing of certain products aired should be thought out first. Like I've said dozens of times on this Forum, those 'youngsters' in management simply don't "get it" - they think in a totally different way to anyone over the age of 55. Lets see how they 'think' when they reach maturity !

Some of us can't bear to live alone in silence though ! The tv goes on as soon as I get up - its a presence, and I watch the news channels. I agree with Holmca, the timing of certain products aired should be thought out first. Like I've said dozens of times on this Forum, those 'youngsters' in management simply don't "get it" - they think in a totally different way to anyone over the age of 55. Lets see how they 'think' when they reach maturity !

I think I put the tv on out of habit, more than anything. Most television I do watch is sky+. Haven't got to the stage, yet, where I record the Q!

Oooooh! Just be glad it wasn't the full works of cling film removal and scraping what looks like tripe! Thank the Lord they don't stock that brand any more. :mysmilie_460:

Oooooh! Just be glad it wasn't the full works of cling film removal and scraping what looks like tripe! Thank the Lord they don't stock that brand any more. :mysmilie_460:

When they had the plastic boots with the chemical in for skin removal, which is what I think you mean I just wouldn't watch it. On things like that they really don't have to give a demonstration. Just a before and after photo is fine. I really don't want or need a step by step demonstration of these things.

I also have the TV on most of the time for the company and the News. I especially love it when I have wonderful weather and they forecast rain in the UK - sorry people! I have Sky and also French TV, but if I watch French TV it all turns into a blur and sounds like JF, AY, Mally and the YBF woman drunk together in an empty echoey room on speed!

Growing up we weren't allowed to sit in front of the TV to eat, we had to sit at the table, and that's something I've continued with as an adult.

Growing up we weren't allowed to sit in front of the TV to eat, we had to sit at the table, and that's something I've continued with as an adult.

I was taught the same Spartacus, but I have a dining table that is for 10 people and just me sitting at the end makes me feel like Miss Haversham, as I am alone now.

I was also taught that you don't interrupt people, always say please and thank you, never point at people, wipe my feet at the front door and many others. But the biggest sin of all was to eat in the street. This was almost a hanging offence!.

Even now if I have a sweet in my pocket I always discreetly put it in my mouth if I am out. But these days people seem to walk along the street using both hands to stuff the food in, and talk and eat with their mouth open!

Maybe we just belong to a different generation.

Agree with all those holmca, and would like to add to that - we were never allowed to drop litter in the street, that drives me mad today seeing not just kids but adults dropping litter. Seeing people throw fag ends and other rubbish out their car window riles me no end.

I think you are good to have those standards, Holmca. I am from a different generation to you but I do all those things. I get really upset when people eat on the street or on public trasport. Once I was on a bus and an idiot came on with a pizza with sardines / anchovies on it. It absolutely stank. He left the box on the seat at the end of the journey, so as he was going down the stairwell I called out to him and said "You forgot something - this!" and I threw the box at him, hitting his head! The idiot then called the police and tried to press for an assault charge, but then withdrew the charge.
I was taught the same Spartacus, but I have a dining table that is for 10 people and just me sitting at the end makes me feel like Miss Haversham, as I am alone now.

I was also taught that you don't interrupt people, always say please and thank you, never point at people, wipe my feet at the front door and many others. But the biggest sin of all was to eat in the street. This was almost a hanging offence!.

Even now if I have a sweet in my pocket I always discreetly put it in my mouth if I am out. But these days people seem to walk along the street using both hands to stuff the food in, and talk and eat with their mouth open!

Maybe we just belong to a different generation.

Here I am enjoying my lunch and the Customer Favourites hour comes on. What do they show me? Someone using the Micro Pedi.

Personally I do not want to see someone filing their feet when I am eating, so I have turned over. What would they show us next? A live demonstration of that pelvic floor machine?

Please Q think about the timings you show these things. Ok I know that if I get up early and tune in there is the chance that I can have Mally and AJ screaming at me at 4am, but this is live TV.

Parmesan cheese anyone?

I think you are good to have those standards, Holmca. I am from a different generation to you but I do all those things. I get really upset when people eat on the street or on public trasport. Once I was on a bus and an idiot came on with a pizza with sardines / anchovies on it. It absolutely stank. He left the box on the seat at the end of the journey, so as he was going down the stairwell I called out to him and said "You forgot something - this!" and I threw the box at him, hitting his head! The idiot then called the police and tried to press for an assault charge, but then withdrew the charge.

Love it! You can imagine the phone call... I've just been hit with my pizza box.

Oh and BTW what generation do you think I am? I am intrigued!

I think there are a lot of things on the telly that would put me off my food, but I think thta's my own fault for eating in front of telly. Anyway, I think footscrapings would be quite tasty like Pork Scratchings only more environmentally friendly

......... those 'youngsters' in management simply don't "get it" - they think in a totally different way to anyone over the age of 55. Lets see how they 'think' when they reach maturity !

I work with a number of said 'youngsters' and I'm not sure they think at all, frankly. Common sense is certainly never involved.

I don't have a television...and if I did I wouldn't want to watch it whilst eating anyway. The only television I watch is watched via the internet. I like to watch Labas Rytas Lietuva, Prisoner Cell Block H and music videos. I really hate it when TV is on in the background.

Best programme ever made IMO, bar none. I'm halfway through watching it from beginning to end for the third time.

Sorry that I'm totally off topic, but it's so unusual for someone else to mention it, especially a straight guy.

No I don't think I will because out of curiosity I youtubed the first episode and after about 3 mins I switched off. They have sexed it all up. While I am sure it is quite a good drama in its own right, the original was and always will be in a league of its own! I loved the characters, the fashion, the locations, storylines - everything! It was all so unusual. It had a definite style to it that was so unique and compelling. It was both realistic and yet utterly unrealistic at the same time. Technically the original "Prisoner" was very well-produced. Never a camera angle out of place. Watching it is like watching a time capsule of the past Australia during the hard rock era. The new one irritated me as the characters had the same names as the originals yet were totally different.
Are you going to watch the Wentworth remake Julius?

Latest posts

Back