The brow shaper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I cannot, for the life of me, tweeze my eyebrows. I had them done at the salon, and they infected my skin around the eyes. I have ordered this little gadget, as I am desperate and, on 3 EPs of £3.51, it's worth a go. The reviews I have read, seem quite positive. Anyone on here got it? What is the advantage of using this, rather than, say, a razor blade, because this is just a blade? I currently use a disposable razor to remove hairs from the face - I know I shouldn't - and end up causing it to bleed!

I have this but don't use it for the eyebrows, I actually use it for removing the odd darker hair on my chin and for the price you can't really go wrong

I have it, and have used it on my eyebrows....it does a good job, but the advantage over a razor blade is that you can't cut yourself with it...
I now use waxing strips and wax my own eyebrows though as I thought hair growth was speeding up with the brow shaper....

I've left my eyebrows completely au naturelle all my life and I have OK natural eyebrows whilst my 2 stepsisters have plucked and shaped theirs into oblivion. So they have to draw theirs in now and I have to do nothing

I have mine threaded once a month. Always makes my eyes water when I have it done but I don't get any redness and its so quick, I prefer it as all the little hairs come out,even they grey ones!

I have never plucked mine so I don't have this. I thought that if you cut the hair then it would grow back thicker so I do pluck the odd hair out of my chin rather than cut them.

I have never plucked mine so I don't have this. I thought that if you cut the hair then it would grow back thicker so I do pluck the odd hair out of my chin rather than cut them.

LOL I also pluck the hairs on chin and also my upper lip in the hope that they will vanish. My granny sported a full upper lip so I may be the same. My friend who is older says that it does work.

It's not really a blade, you can draw it across your skin and it doesn't cut.....it's like a serrated edge to it so doesn't cut..

I bought mine from Amazon and it is great, it is not like a cut throat razor and will not slice you but is great for getting at stray hairs.

I've seen on the reviews that some people have used them for the fine hairs on their face but surely that makes them look darker when they grow back?

I've seen on the reviews that some people have used them for the fine hairs on their face but surely that makes them look darker when they grow back?

No. What makes hair grow back darker and or thicker is your hormones. Some women have a hormone imbalance hence the dark hair on their faces. Usually something to do with their ovaries. That is why men have thicker hair. Shaving your face is big in the US and has been in Middle Eastern countries for centuries. Its just the peach fuzz, which grows back as peach fuzz.

It is did grow back darker then everyone who got their eyebrows wax,threaded etc would have big black bushy eyebrows.

Never used this. Get my eyebrows done at my local Superdrug they do threading for £5. I have never had mine waxed, seen some sights done in the hairdressers. One eyebrow does not match the other.

Last edited:
Hi all, I received these brow shapers last week and am delighted with them. They remove hair on brow, eyelids, cheeks and chin with ease. They could also be used on the other hairy areas of the body. Great little things.

I have this too, it's a great little device, I use it on my eyebrows. I did manage to 'nick' myself though, when using the tip of it to shave the arch of my eyebrow using the very tip of it. To be honest it didn't put me of using it as it generally does do a good job.

I bought a pack of 3 of these in Walmart a few years ago. They were great as they had extremely fine wire wrapped over the blade making it very safe to use. They're still sharp so I use them on my peach fuzz if I'm away from home. They were the princely sum of $3 and came in 3 different colours in the pack.

I've also tried the pack of mini razors that Boots sell for your bikini line - they also have a safety wire, but I found them draggy and not as sharp as the mini cutthroats.

It seems that a great deal of women now shave their faces in the US - they call it Planing over there and it's done as a form of exfoliation in the dermatologist's office. It leaves skin baby soft (bit like my OH's when he's just shaved).

Although I have my mini razors to keep in my make-up bag, my preference for a really quick and safe de-fuzzing is a Wilkinson Sword Quattro blade. This is also wire wrapped. OH had a freebie sent in the post and much preferred it to his normal Gillette, so I tried his with a fresh blade instead of my Venus blade in a Mach II handle. MUCH better! It takes me about 20 seconds to do my whole face every few days. My skin is soft and fresh, and no annoying fuzz to shine in the sun (if only my head hair would shine like my peach fuzz!) or pick up powder, giving me a "powdered old lady" look.

BTW I've let it grow back on several occasions (ill/too lazy/forgot), and it's never grown back thicker or darker.

Cutting the hair off also causes them to appear darker when they grow back - that's why the hairs on your legs look darker and thicker when you shave whereas if you wax/epilate and remove the whole hair they appear finer and lighter when they grow back because it's not a blunt end. That was my concern with facial hair if it's being cut - and given a blunt end - rather than fully removed.

Latest posts

Back