Who's telling porkies?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Ali Young has just alleged that QVC is, and has been, the only retailer of Laura Geller products, since the start of her career in the UK. Cult Beauty also sell Laura Geller products as, they state, an official stockist! So whilst I concur that the Q did bring LG products to the UK, they are no longer the only outlet in this country from which to purchase. I wish these presenters would get their facts right, or they will be getting to know the ASA a lot better than they would wish!

Cult Beauty have her primers don't they? No make up though, I think.

I normally enjoy LG shows but it's been a bit if a hard slog, this. They've taken ages over each product, not a lot on show.

Is cultbeauty.co.uk an official stockist for Laura Geller? Secondary sellers of QVC brands come and go. I don't doubt AY tells porkies about QVC's exclusivity: she used to claim they were the only official stockists of smashbox when www.justbeautydirect.com was also an official seller of the brand in the UK at that time.

Going off at a tangent did anyone hear Keeley talking about PCMC and Ultrasun the other night? She said that you could use PCMC and after waiting about 5 minutes apply Ultrasun and she said that Abi had confirmed this was fine. How long has Abi been lecturing us that Ultrasun must be applied to clean, dry skin before applying any other product but now that's not the case?

Going off at a tangent did anyone hear Keeley talking about PCMC and Ultrasun the other night? She said that you could use PCMC and after waiting about 5 minutes apply Ultrasun and she said that Abi had confirmed this was fine. How long has Abi been lecturing us that Ultrasun must be applied to clean, dry skin before applying any other product but now that's not the case?

Yep I heard this, Julia questioned what she said and she responded that she and Abi have spoken about it etc...I wasn't convinced!!

Yes I saw this.

I know beauty reps will always exaggerate claims about their products, but when it comes to saying you can apply an SPF over their moisturiser it makes me very cross, it is making people take a risk with their health.

Ultrasun Abbey is a liar! I telephoned her to ask why their products don't give a star rating for UVA. She gave me an answer that was total ********! For me now it's Boots Soltan all the way. I used it on summer hols out in the sun all the time and I never burned!

Marks and Spencer own brand has 5 star rating for UVB and UVA.

Cultbeauty will only stock a small selection of each brand never the full range. So they seemed to have picked the primers.

The UVA star rating is something that is done primarily in the UK. From what I recall it's something Boots pioneered and other companies followed. As Ultrasun is made in Switzerland I would guess that they use it as a get out clause as the Swiss wouldn't gave a star rating. The EU guidelines are that if a product provides a third of the SPF protection on the label for UVA it gets awarded the circle - although this is so ambiguous I don't really know what that means! I'll stick to Superdrug's once a day cream.

Yes Mault, to qualify for the circle the UVA protection must be at least 1/3 of the UVB protection. In other words SPF (UVB) 30 must provide UVA 10. With the star system a 5 star rating means that the UVA / B protection levels are the same. The UVA rating decreases proportionally with the number of stars,

Latest posts

Back