In praise of Steve McDonald

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Atticus

Registered Shopper
He really is a very entertaining presenter. He's always a good laugh, charismatic and has a good on screen chemistry with Yolisa. I think he's the only presenter I can actually watch on Price Drop.

I also think he does well considering the sheer amount of tat he has to sell on Price Drop (last night I saw him selling an empty glass bottle...I kid you not). I think he deservers recognition for managing to keep a 3 hour show going with the products he does and managing to make it usually entertaining!

I know he might not be to everyone's taste - but I just wanted to acknowledge that there is a presenter on Price Drop who's actually good!

I like him too. Unlike some he has a laugh but doesn't cross the line when joking with the assistant. Best of a bad lot ;)

While i'm no fan of the way Steve sells certain products (such as watches and 'Art') there is no doubt from an entertainment point of view he is head and shoulders above the rest of the uninspired and lacklustre presenters on Price Drop.

He really is a very entertaining presenter. He's always a good laugh, charismatic and has a good on screen chemistry with Yolisa. I think he's the only presenter I can actually watch on Price Drop.

I also think he does well considering the sheer amount of tat he has to sell on Price Drop (last night I saw him selling an empty glass bottle...I kid you not). I think he deservers recognition for managing to keep a 3 hour show going with the products he does and managing to make it usually entertaining!

I know he might not be to everyone's taste - but I just wanted to acknowledge that there is a presenter on Price Drop who's actually good!

Last week he was talking about a product (I think it was the tortoise lights, but missed that part of the sentence) and quite openly said that he is usually quite professional about selling the products he gets asked to, but he couldn't bring himself to tell people to actually buy that product.

I wish I had caught what exact product he was on about. It was quite refreshing and possibly the most 'honest' you are going to get someone about how they go about the job.

I think he's funny too, proper spontaneous funny, not rehearsed 'I'll say that and you say this' funny, proper mega funny fun

I like him immensely, can you tell? :clapping:

Totally agree with you and yet he manages not to be sexist, creepy or downright rude about people who annoy him or this person's ladyslashgoddess. I won't name the person I mean though ;p

PJ

I think he's funny too, proper spontaneous funny, not rehearsed 'I'll say that and you say this' funny, proper mega funny fun

I like him immensely, can you tell? :clapping:

I'm glad you ditched James Russell and went for Steve, Momma. You did the right thing. James Russell has gone back to his old smarmy, insincere, bs ing ways.:wave:

I'm glad you ditched James Russell and went for Steve, Momma. You did the right thing. James Russell has gone back to his old smarmy, insincere, bs ing ways.:wave:

I agree, I just can't watch James anymore.
I really enjoy watching Steve and I think he's probably the best presenter on either station now, very funny & is very good at interacting with the crew members. I do agree with Wirral though, Steve's downfall probably has to be the the way he tries to flog the kinkades & "high end" watches. I presume he has his orders in regard to higher priced items so I can't really be too critical of him.
He's got a baby on the way I hear? I think he will make a fantastic dad.

I agree, I just can't watch James anymore.
I really enjoy watching Steve and I think he's probably the best presenter on either station now, very funny & is very good at interacting with the crew members. I do agree with Wirral though, Steve's downfall probably has to be the the way he tries to flog the kinkades & "high end" watches. I presume he has his orders in regard to higher priced items so I can't really be too critical of him.
He's got a baby on the way I hear? I think he will make a fantastic dad.

I agree about the watches etc. MrM, all the phonelocking malarky is highly annoying but I don't think Steve has much of a choice there but to get on with it.

He will make a lovely Daddy I'm sure, what fun he'll be for his son/daughter

Nice to see there are some other Steve fans! I think it's great that he's self-deprecating as well (something that certain other presenters are massively lacking) and happy to have a laugh with his crew all the time. It comes across that he's just genuinely a funny guy who gets on well with everyone.

I think he mostly behaves himself when selling stuff as well - you have to remember that he's still a shopping tv presenter at the end of the day.

I feel he's the best of the whole lot; up there with Andy.
He's almost always really entertaining and genuinely funny. Never does he give the impression he's thinking "another day in the office", like many others do. He makes an event out of his timeslots in such a way that you can't not watch for an hour or three.

Like Wirral70 said though, he occasionally pushes the truth a little with some items, but never have I seen him tell an outright lie or stretch the truth to an offensive level. Something that cannot be said about a woefully amount of presenters at Sit-Up, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back