Jackie Kabler

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else noticed this, or am I being uber - sensitive? Over the past few days, Jackie has had occasion to refer to product options - with make up and NN- as 'nood' or, to you and I, 'nude'. I know it's just mis - pronunciation, but anything to do with grammar, etc., if not applied correctly, annoys me! Suppose I should get a life!

Lol, it's just one of those things that if it bugs you you notice it all the time! I've never noticed but I've got to say she has really grown on me lately, I didn't like her at first but I don't mind her now.

I have noticed that her style has changed a bit since she first started I think she`s a bit more gushy than she was originally but I suppose they are indoctrinated in those first few weeks and she will be taking on what the others do too

Yes, I found her to be very reserved and almost 'school marmish' at first, she's loosened up a bit now. Although I didn't like the way she kept laughing at the way Leighton Denny said some words with his accent. She kept cracking up and then mimicking how he'd pronounced certain things. I'd say by the look on his face he was not amused!

I'm not keen on her. She never seems relaxed or natural so that makes the viewer feel the same, well it does me.

I do like Jackie however for some reason I find her uncomfortable viewing at times , I feel like she needs to relax more and enjoy herself.

I think she does a very efficient job, does the job, and nothing more. very refreshing.

i really like her - i think shes very professional and asks all the right questions...lets the guests speak

Kabler is OK. I quite like her as a presenter. I feel she is up there with the more sincere of them. Her diction is OK. This got me thinking of a management committee I used to be on for the leaseholders in my block of flats. On of the directors (who I absolutely HATED) had an annoying way of speaking. One of his favourite things was to try and put people down with feigned intelligence, saying things like: "That point has already been MUTED." One day I could bear it no more and I actually said in front of the whole committee: "I think you mean MOOTED, although perhaps it's you who should be MUTED," and everyone burst out laughing! He hated me was I was young and intelligent and could apply better logic and common sense than he."

Can't stand her! Find her false and quite insipid. She doesn't get enthusiastic and wouldn't encourage me to buy. Flinty is the opposite but wouldn't buy off her either with her 'present' mania, present for this one,present for that one, buy two bras and save on the p & p, give one as a present....er..what?
You don't realise how good it is to occasionally see Julia or Jilly with their down to earth friendly nature. Funny really, you've either got it or you ain't. (selling power I mean).

I'm not keen on her. She never seems relaxed or natural so that makes the viewer feel the same, well it does me.

Well I would imagine its not easy to look relaxed or natural when one has so much botox in their face..........................

I think she is better than most although I agree she seems ill at ease at times. On a minus I hear the odd party-line being trotted out.

On top of all that I keep expecting to see Cilla Black appear and shout surprise surprise

she is legitimately the best shopping tv presenter on any channel.

she doesn't try to come across as the best friend to the viewer, she gets across what the products are and shifts them.

Kabler is OK. I quite like her as a presenter. I feel she is up there with the more sincere of them. Her diction is OK. This got me thinking of a management committee I used to be on for the leaseholders in my block of flats. On of the directors (who I absolutely HATED) had an annoying way of speaking. One of his favourite things was to try and put people down with feigned intelligence, saying things like: "That point has already been MUTED." One day I could bear it no more and I actually said in front of the whole committee: "I think you mean MOOTED, although perhaps it's you who should be MUTED," and everyone burst out laughing! He hated me was I was young and intelligent and could apply better logic and common sense than he."

Excellent! I love a smart put-down. A recent example that also amused me was on a TV game show. Some young girl on there defends her ignorance by saying it was all "before my time" (that's a pet hate of mine) and went on to say that her competitor was older and that "he has an advantage over me." To which the presenter replied, "He does! Knowledge!".

Anyhow, back to Jackie, I'm indifferent to her really. I find her rather wooden when presenting, although it is a change to not hear about every aspect of her non-QVC life. Admittedly, I'd rather have 10 of her over the dreaded Franks!

Latest posts

Back