Unanswered customer questions on the web.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

etoile

Registered Shopper
Just a thought but having posted a review on Q a load of questions from customers appear for you to answer if you can. Some seemed to have gone unanswered awhile and often relate to ingredients such as whether the brand is paraben free etc. It seems customers aren't able to answer these questions but then why aren't the brands. Surely Q should be insisting brands peruse the questions and answer them or the brands ( in the name of good customer service) should take it upon themselves to do this. It suggests the brands don't want information of this nature readily available and of course Q could easily make it automatically available on their site. Poor show all round.

when qvc first introduced this i thought what a good idea - for exactly the reasons you'd think - a perfect way to actually communicate with the brands with genuine questions from the viewer.
using abi from ultrasun as an example she states she reviews all the reviews,listens to what the viewers want - so why doesnt she answer the bliddy questions????

i cannot understand why all these brands dont answer the questions - or qvc showing some sort of effort to answer them......i never ask a question.....seems totally pointless....

I was reading reviews of bedding the other week and spotted a question about the exact colour of the item. Several of the reviewers answered that the QVC description was misleading and clarified the colour options (because they owned the item) then QVC CS posted a reply that ignored these answers and just copied and pasted the description. I know whose answer I'd rely on! :wink:

Ofcourse there's always the chance that Gajet Guru of Maynooth will be along shortly to share the benefit of their opinions! http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...-GajetGuru-has-the-answer!&highlight=maynooth :giggle:

I asked a question in the Q&A section on an item several months ago, about the material composition of something to do with bedding (I can't remember what it was so long ago) I got a snotty email in reference to it the other day back from QVC basically saying, a) I shouldn't have asked the question on that section and should have asked QVC directly, so please do NOT ask questions there any more and b) they have tried to contact me to tell me the answer via phone but as my records are not up too date they couldn't and would I ring and correct. I will not correct it because since I have changed my number due to nuisance calls I have restricted who has my number and they emailed me in the end anyway and according to them as everything is email now. They are really changing tactics with customers and I still have this long and rather rude email, these things will not be forgotten IMO

Good Lord! That's dreadful LouJ. If they don't include useful info in the item description I'd think it'd be useful to other buyers if someone has already had the same question answered in the Q&A section. If I'm tempted by any clothing I scroll through the reviews and Qs because it's handy if someone is commenting about the fit and go on to say what size they ordered and what they normally wear.

What a bad attitude they have these days!

I don't buy enough to see these patterns but the attitude of Q seems gob-smackingly stupid. It's got to filter through to people eventually and impact on sales.

I've looked at the crafting section on q-gossip over the past couple of years and there have been many many, many questions that have gone unanswered. In fact I cannot see any that have been answered unless Q have contacted them directly to do so.

I've seen questions answered by viewers and haven't trusted the answer. For example someone asked whether L'Occitane products were cruelty-free and the reply was yes but that's not really the whole truth. Another question was whether a shampoo contained salt as that would make it unsuitable to use after a certain hair treatment, the answer was no this brand only has natural ingredients (I thought salt was natural) but I googled and the answer was wrong. I would have thought that QVC should answer questions like this and make sure they get it right.

Certainly if incorrect info is posted or if the vendor doesn't answer then I think the onus is on QVC to answer or correct it before someone relies on the misinformation. Put it this way, if I used a hair product that clashed in some way with say my hair colour I wouldn't be looking to sue "Winnie from Worthing" for misleading advice, I'd be chasing QVC for compensation. Maybe their legal team are as smart as their web designers!

have to say i was going to write that the questions are pointless because the only people who are answering them are other qvc customers so essentially its just their opinions....and most of their opinions ive ever read seem to be wrong!! but i thought it was a bit rude to say that earlier lol

On Q gossip there are usually comments under each article and none of the questions there seem to get answered either.

I dip in occasionally to see what is on regarding crafts, Anne Griffin has been on recently, and there are loads of unanswered questions. The recurring thread there is why are there hardly anymore craft shows on anymore, especially as Catherine H was gushing crafts wasn't finished at QVC a few months ago.

Just like the Debbie Greenwood saga, no answers are forthcoming:confused:

Latest posts

Back