Kindle Fire HD TSV 25/08/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Same price as Amazon but you get free p and p with Amazon but no case so I suppose they`re about equal on price.

Same price as Amazon but you get free p and p with Amazon but no case so I suppose they`re about equal on price.

Yep exactly what I was thinking!!

Guess if it is on Easy Pay then it will entice more people.

I personally would prefer to buy if from Amazon, EP or no EP.
Amazons customer service is second to none, really puts QVC in the shade IMO.

Lets think about it.
You buy the Kindle and it develops a fault.

Amazon. Log on to your account, Request return. Send back on a printed label. Money back in your account quickly.

QVC. Ring CS. They promise to send you a return label. Two weeks later you ring again to ask where the label is. They send another. Week later it arrives so you rush down to the PO to send it back. You ring again in another 10 days to find out when the refund is due to hit your account. CS say they haven't got the parcel back yet. Money finally in your account approximately a month after you first reported the fault.

No competition really is it?

I hear a new Kindle is due on the market soon and US customers have been given price cuts on current Kindle Models, which i expect UK Amazon will offer soon.

I agree with MrMarple, I bought one for DH when they first came out and had a 'known' recurrent issue with it, 8 months on I requested a refund as it became nothing more than a book reader which is not what DH wanted it for. Amazon refunded no problem and also refunded for the accessories, in fact they offered, I didn't need to ask. In our case,I wouldn't recommend the product and def wouldn't recommend buying it from Q.

I hear a new Kindle is due on the market soon and US customers have been given price cuts on current Kindle Models, which i expect UK Amazon will offer soon.
Yes, but QVC haven't. They've probably been able to buy a job lot of the current version at a knock down price but will profiteer on it. I bet the case they've chucked in is rubbish PU leather as well.

Yes, but QVC haven't. They've probably been able to buy a job lot of the current version at a knock down price but will profiteer on it. I bet the case they've chucked in is rubbish PU leather as well.

Yep, you've hit on the nail on the head without a doubt PPC.

I would definitely buy it from the Q, for two reasons; QVC customer service has always been first class, and the 30 day MBG is, for any techie product, essential.

I'be had my kindle fire since it first came out and had no problems at all. Love it. Would have got a larger one if they had it out at the time but for me being technologically useless, what I have is ideal. Even took it on hols to Arctic Circle and emailed and Facebooked photos back home and was very impressed with myself. Would like a forward facing camera facility but that's a minor detail. Never had an issue with Amazon and as I already had an old kindle from them, the books were automatically transferred over.

The more I've thought about about this TSV, the more I'm thinking that QVC are shooting themselves in the foot TBH.
They are actively promoting a competitor if you think about it.
I have lost count of the number of times I've seen something on QVC that has interested me, so I've looked on Amazon to find 95% of the items cheaper, generally with free P & P.
They can't possibly sell the Kindle without mentioning Amazon, so how many people are going to start buying books on Amazon only to then have a browse at the rest of the website?

The only thing that Amazon couldn't beat on price compared to Q (that I've found), is the AD Skin Synergy Night Oil.
50ml on Amazon £38.00 - or 100ml on Q for £45.00 (inc Postage).

Very suprising decision on QVC's part IMO.

When I bought the kindle HD fire I got a month's trial of love film and a month's amazon prime delivery. I returned it and bought a nexus 7 instead. The kindle fire had good Dolby sound and I liked watching the occasional streamed live film but I prefer my nexus 7.

The Kindle Fire HD is £139 at Tesco and there is a £20 code when you spend £150, also £5 off a case , and includes 1 year accidental damage cover , seems a better deal IMO

http://www.tesco.com/direct/kindle-fire-hd-7-16-gb/103-6268.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=103-6268

Add this case http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-f...ire-hd-case-black/103-5996.prd?skuId=103-5996

Use £20 voucher comes in at £130 for Kindle HD , case and accidental damage cover, nearly £40 cheaper than QVC

Special offers Save £5 on a case, light or charger when bought with any Kindle

1 Year Accidental Damage Cover included with selected Tablets & e-Readers. Offer ends 15/09/13

TDX-MJGQ - Save £20 when you spend £150 at Tesco direct – EXP 26/08/13

Last edited:
I bought a Kindle paperwhite around 2 months ago after thinking about it for about 2 years. I preferred the paperwhite as it is just an ebook reader and I prefer to keep my technology separate. Plus the battery lasts for 8 weeks so not necessary to take the charger on holiday. I work occassionally in a local hotel and the one thing that everyone leaves behind are phone, toothbrush, tablet and any other charger. So apart from the inconvience thats extra expense.

I believe the Fire is a combination tablet and ebook reader with a shorter battery life

I love my Kindle and wish I bought it a long time ago. I have also been writing a book for the last 10 years but never thought it would be published as it wasn't big enough, despite it being accepted by a publisher. But when I looked at the books on Amazon I realised that I could publish and do it all myself, i.e. design the cover and upload without using or paying a publisher. If I hadn't bought my Kindle I would have never known this.

I bought a Kindle paperwhite around 2 months ago after thinking about it for about 2 years. I preferred the paperwhite as it is just an ebook reader and I prefer to keep my technology separate. Plus the battery lasts for 8 weeks so not necessary to take the charger on holiday. I work occassionally in a local hotel and the one thing that everyone leaves behind are phone, toothbrush, tablet and any other charger. So apart from the inconvience thats extra expense.

I believe the Fire is a combination tablet and ebook reader with a shorter battery life

I love my Kindle and wish I bought it a long time ago. I have also been writing a book for the last 10 years but never thought it would be published as it wasn't big enough, despite it being accepted by a publisher. But when I looked at the books on Amazon I realised that I could publish and do it all myself, i.e. design the cover and upload without using or paying a publisher. If I hadn't bought my Kindle I would have never known this.
The kindle fire can be used as an ereader indoors BUT outside it is useless due to the reflection of the daylight on the screen. It is also too heavy to read comfortably from as well compared to the kindle. I love my Nexus7 and I also love my kindle.

I still prefer to keep my eReader-and tablet separate. The benefit with the Kindle eReaders is that they have a matt non-reflective surface which is easier on the eye.

The Kindle Fire has a reflective screen which is not great when it picks up the reflection of an overhead or table lamp or when you're outside. Great as a tablet but not as an eReader IMO.

Latest posts

Back