Qvc ceo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Sorry guys, I know this has been said here before but I can't find the old post. Is Dermot Boyd still the current CEO and, if so, how can I get in touch with him directly? Thanks!

Found this, Pinkpussycats:

just to add, they also couldn't tell me how long the account's level of returns would be monitored, so I used the example of my husband's account. He's only bought 3 items and 2 of them had been returned - one faulty within 12 months and the other not suitable under the MBG. This clearly hadn't been flagged as qualifying as 66% return rate. They also couldn't tell me what proportion of my returns were explained on the return slip as "changed mind" or in some way unsuitable even though I had always given a reason. It sounded to me as though they don't record these reasons and couldn't separate faulty items, wrong item received, items that didn't match the hype of the TV sales patter, items returned by the courier as undelivered for any reason or those cancelled under the DSR. I don't have a problem with CS contacting me to ask if there was a problem causing me to return lots of items but the tone of the Letter and subsequent phone call was quite aggressive. In the early days I ordered quite a few garments which turned out to be wrongly sized, naff quality, over-priced or completely mis-sold by the presenter. In response to my observation that imho polyester isn't a "luxury" fabric and that often the sizes aren't given early enough in the presentation of a garment I was simply sent a photo-copied list of sizes from a few of the ranges back then (none of which I'd bought clothes from..Denim & Co, Michele Hope. etc).

I would assert that DSR cancelled items, faulty items, mis-sold items should never be included in the tally of returns. Only the "changed my mind" ones should count otherwise they're saying you should be lumbered with sub-standard, wrong-sized items to keep the right side of their quota.

BTW there's no mention of the % quota or the time period taken for the measurement of our returns. Simply moving the goal-posts can dramatically alter the data: say you haven't ordered a sausage since New Year but there's a new jewellery or fashion line in March which looks good, and bigged up by the presenter you order 6 things which catch your eye. Sadly the only 2 of the items fit but you dispute the quality for the price paid and return them all. Should the monitored period start from Jan 1st you're off to a very poor start. However if it included 13 xmas presents you ordered and kept in November the previous year then you're not exceeding you returns quota. The thing with bandying around stats is that they need to be seen in a clear and predictable context.

They wouldn't answer my query about the total value of items kept versus value of items returns: if I ordered and kept a TV for £700 but return a handful of £10 items from Last Clicks would I be in trouble? No one this side knows, do QVC?

Finally, I'd like to mention again that it is the vendors, not QVC who stand the cost of returned items. QVC lose their share of the profit for that returned item and their admin costs entailed but as we all know, most buyers lose the original postage paid and also have to stump up the return costs themselves so lets not feel too sorry for QVC.
You have highlighted some very valid points Jude, all of which I have recently raised with QVC myself, initially with their finance department and ultimately with the CEO’s office. Reason - MY ACCOUNT WAS ARBITRARILY CLOSED ON 29TH MAY WIITH NO WARNING. The first thing I knew about it was when I tried to place an order online and I got a warning message at the top of the page that said there was a problem with my account and to ring customer services. At that point I could still view my account history and I saw that two waitlist orders had been cancelled so I knew that my account had been doctored. I rang CS and was told that I could no longer order from QVC but I didn’t bother discussing it with them and asked to be put through to the dept that had closed my account and they eventually caved in and transferred me to the finance department. I had quite a discussion with James Churchill who tried to tell me that QVC had ‘worked with me’ over my returns but this was untrue. I did receive THE LETTER in September 2012 which highlighted my returns rate as being 59%, however there was no mention of the time period this covered, and it went on to say my account would be monitored for the next 60 days and if there was no improvement it may be closed. This was all very ambiguous and nobody called me to discuss it so I was extra careful with my ordering and heard nothing more so naturally I assumed my account was now satisfactory. To be honest it was a bit of a shock that they had closed my account so suddenly without making any contact first so I emailed the CEO, Dermot Boyd to complain. I received a phone call pdq from his office but QVC were still adamant they had ‘worked with me’ and recited a list of ficticious letters they say they have on file going back as far as 2009!! All I can say to that is it’s a load of old bollox as I certainly did NOT receive any of them.

At this point I still had quite a few items still under the 30 day mbg period so I returned the whole ****** lot of them which amounted to a lot of money but to make matters worse QVC then deleted my account history so I was unable to see which had been received back and so didn’t know which of my refunds had been actioned. I asked James Churchill if he could reinstate my history on a ‘read only’ basis so I could check it myself but he insisted this was impossible to do and sent me an excel spreadsheet in pdf format which I had to keep asking to be updated, which was difficult to view and time consuming to check.

Quite frankly I’m not sorry my account has been closed as it will save me wasting any more of my money with QVC but I am ****** angry about the way they did it. The final insult was when they debited my credit card for £302.95 TWO WEEKS after they had closed my account for a backorder they had forgotten to cancel. I was absolutely fuming and a very sheepish Chris Pearse in the CEO’s office apologised profusely and sent a prepaid label by 1st class post for me to return the item, how ironic. To be fair he did arrange an immediate refund but as far as I am concerned QVC had absolutely no right to take my money in the first place. I have still not received a satisfactory explanation as to how my credit card could still be used after my account was inactive and I still want to know how long QVC hold my credit card details??

Oh I forgot to mention that I received a call from a different bod in the finance dept last Friday and they have found a way to reinstate my account history after all on a read only basis which is exactly what I asked them to do three weeks ago....

Last edited:
Get stuck in Moth!! You won't get any answers from the man himself but you will be contacted by one of his office minions pdq.

Minions?

I'd like to think they'll be cute like these but somehow I doubt it! Can't imagine their job fosters a sense of humour.

Attachments

• minion.jpg
    minion.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 144
Thanks for that! I want to get in touch with him over this issue of the DB coat. If you recall from my other thread, it turned up with the used tissues in the pocket. It was collected as arranged but now appears to have disappeared into thin air. I know these things happen, but what is really getting me down is that fact that not a single person at QVC has replied to my emails or answered any questions. When I telephone, the people on the phone are friendly enough but all they can do is keep telling me to wait a bit longer. Sorry, but that's just not good enough. What the hell happened to this "award winning customer service"? What award did they win - Worst Service Ever? I should have learned my lesson by now though as this is the third coat I've ordered that has turned up in a shocking state. I will certainly NOT be ordering any more from them. I guess they just don't give a fig about a single customer. One Million Happy Customs they say, oh yes, maybe, but what about the 5 million unhappy ones? I am totally ****ed off now and it's getting me frustrated. I know, in the grand scheme of things it's a trifling matter but it really grinds my gears when a company like QVC keep on and on and on and on about how ****** good and squeaky clean they are but never follow through on their spiel. As soon as something goes wrong it's never their fault and they just don't bother helping. What happened to the customer is king, or the customer is always right? In their birthday gumph, I keep seeing a trailer that finishes with "QVC - 20 years of putting you first." That's a joke.

Ok, thanks again guys for your input on this one. Happy to report that this matter has now been resolved. It was pretty stressful getting it going but, to be fair to them, once QVC took charge of the problem it was sorted very quickly indeed. I even had a phone call from the CEO's office to let me know what was going on. In total, I got 2 calls and an email to keep me up to date, one of which was just after 10pm on the Sunday before a bank holiday! Someone really pulled out the stops this time. I've just checked and I got my refund back today, even with the P&P! There was still a lot of confusion though - at first we were told that returns can't be tracked and we just had to wait the prescribed time for it to be declared lost. However, the lady from the CEO's office said that they were able to track it and then discovered that it had been delivered to QVC's warehouse where it had just sat without being looked at. She didn't know why but was very apologetic about the whole affair. Thanks to QVC for sorting it in the end but it's a shame it took a nudge from the boss.

Latest posts

Back