stila makeup artist

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

spartacus

Registered Shopper
I wouldn't buy stila makeup anyway, but if I saw their makeup artist behind a stila counter in a store I'd run a mile - she's caked in makeup and totally overdone the tan, bronzer and lashes. Not a great advert.

Shame because Stila has some really lovely makeup. Their eyeshadows and lipglazes particularly are very nice.

I did try Stila about 10 years ago, buying their 'kitten' eyeshadow and mini lipglazes as they were supposed to be the 'cult' shade/products of the range. The eyeshadow was ok, no better or worse than any other high street or premium brand, and the lipglazes weren't my thing at all, I found them very thick and gloopy. The makeup artist on QVC and the way they were clarting it onto the models certainly would have discouraged me from buying (but like I say, I wouldn't buy now anyway as I only buy from brands that are approved as cruelty free).

The original Stila range was excellent. I loved the lipsticks, Emily was my favourite. The eyeshadows in the cardboard boxes and the blushes too. The brand has been bought and sold about 4 times since then, none of the owners have brought it back to how it was. I find the brand very boring now, have a quick look and keep walking.

I wouldn't buy stila makeup anyway, but if I saw their makeup artist behind a stila counter in a store I'd run a mile - she's caked in makeup and totally overdone the tan, bronzer and lashes. Not a great advert.

She looks like one of the befores from that show snog marry avoid.

Latest posts

Back