Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dame Fondacox

Registered Shopper
I've just accidentally switched to Sky channel 581 - Revelation TV and low and behold, there was Anne Dawson presenting an hour of 'God Day' talking about going to Israel, being 'born again', the reality of 'Our Lord Jesus Christ' and the 'Holy Spirit' in her life and having her prayers answered time and again. From what she was saying, it seems that she's a regular on the channel. Amusing that she's due up on Q later today for a Gatineau hour - I wonder if she'll refer to Defi-Lift as the 'answer to her prayers'.

She is probably doing a presenting gig to earn more cash! I'm very cynical. Old Dawson has to bring home the bacon somehow!

On the Gatineau show she has just been singing the praises of one of the products after using it some time ago when the presenters were given it to try at the time it was launched. So it's such a good product she only used it when it was given to her but it wasn't good enough for her to actually buy it?

I wish she'd follow her beliefs, and join revelation tv full time. I wouldn't usually put the two together: presenting on a religious channel, discussing God's being and the 'meaning of life', coupled with peddling goods on a tv shopping channel, a medium to which certain types of people can become addicted. If you do that job, and are not a particularly religious person, you would probably take the view that, if the viewers spend, spend, spend, their hard earned cash on inconsequential items, that is their choice. If the way in which you live your life is dictated by your religious leaning, you would not feel to proud of yourself for helping to persuade people to spend money they may not have going spare. I am just playing devil's - sorry for the pun - advocate, here, as I would fall into the former category; what people choose to do with their money, is up to them. If I, as a presenter, manage to convince them they cannot live without a product, and make a sale, I am doing a pretty good job. I have never bought anything from the Q, based upon what the presenter has said or done, but because I actually want it, or need it. I think most of the presenters at the Q will feel the same, as opposed to assuming the moral high ground, and feeling guilty for doing their jobs. Even Anne has not allowed her religious ethics and morality - if she has any - to stop her from working at the Q. Probably, now that she has been over at revelation tv for a while, her voice will be grating on the nerves of some of the regular viewers, just as it does with us - nails and blackboard spring to mind!

Last edited:
On the Gatineau hour Andrew told Ann that the radiance serum was good for " touching yourself up with " ooer missus. :mysmilie_465: :mysmilie_17:

I wish she'd follow her beliefs, and join revelation tv full time. I wouldn't usually put the two together: presenting on a religious channel, discussing God's being and the 'meaning of life', coupled with peddling goods on a tv shopping channel, a medium to which certain types of people can become addicted. If you do that job, and are not a particularly religious person, you would probably take the view that, if the viewers spend, spend, spend, their hard earned cash on inconsequential items, that is their choice. If the way in which you live your life is dictated by your religious leaning, you would not feel to proud of yourself for helping to persuade people to spend money they may not have going spare. I am just playing devil's - sorry for the pun - advocate, here, as I would fall into the former category; what people choose to do with their money, is up to them. If I, as a presenter, manage to convince them they cannot live without a product, and make a sale, I am doing a pretty good job. I have never bought anything from the Q, based upon what the presenter has said or done, but because I actually want it, or need it. I think most of the presenters at the Q will feel the same, as opposed to assuming the moral high ground, and feeling guilty for doing their jobs. Even Anne has not allowed her religious ethics and morality - if she has any - to stop her from working at the Q. Probably, now that she has been over at revelation tv for a while, her voice will be grating on the nerves of some of the regular viewers, just as it does with us - nails and blackboard spring to mind!

You could look at things this way or, most probably as Anne does, she is selling goods (as you would find say along Oxford Street say) but you don't have to travel there by train, bus or car and then pay for parking, you will have 30 days at home to try it out and return it if not suitable, you might have 3 easy pays for which you will not be charged interest and possibly get some knowledgeable info about items that you wouldn't know otherwise. Just a thought....

I don't have anything particularly against her but I cannot warm to her whining, simpering manner like she's trying too hard to sound sincere! She is like a concentrated version of Lorraine Kelly and a whining set of bagpipes all in one! Imagine tuning in to Morning Worship in need of some spiritual guidance and up pops that ghastly old haggis spouting out some tripe about being "born again!" Please! Why can't she just go and **** off?! Mind you, religion and TV shopping channels are perhaps not such a world apart these days. I seem to recall a woman a few years back called Joyce someone or other (American). She presented a show and came across as very sincere, until at the end trying to sell some CD's or cassettes of her sermon. Apparently she's a millionnaire through her ministry!

Wouldn't it be funny if she got her channels mixed up, and offered a 30 dmbg with her 'selling' of Jesus, and offering the 'spirit of God' with Yankee Candles !!!!!

I don't have anything particularly against her but I cannot warm to her whining, simpering manner like she's trying too hard to sound sincere! She is like a concentrated version of Lorraine Kelly and a whining set of bagpipes all in one! Imagine tuning in to Morning Worship in need of some spiritual guidance and up pops that ghastly old haggis spouting out some tripe about being "born again!" Please! Why can't she just go and **** off?! Mind you, religion and TV shopping channels are perhaps not such a world apart these days. I seem to recall a woman a few years back called Joyce someone or other (American). She presented a show and came across as very sincere, until at the end trying to sell some CD's or cassettes of her sermon. Apparently she's a millionnaire through her ministry!
I know who your talking about Benny Hinn is the biggest con artist going.
Lynn

Amusing that she's due up on Q later today for a Gatineau hour - I wonder if she'll refer to Defi-Lift as the 'answer to her prayers'.
I'm watching her now and she looks particularly saggy today and her glasses are ageing her. I know we all have good days and not so good.

You could look at things this way or, most probably as Anne does, she is selling goods (as you would find say along Oxford Street say) but you don't have to travel there by train, bus or car and then pay for parking, you will have 30 days at home to try it out and return it if not suitable, you might have 3 easy pays for which you will not be charged interest and possibly get some knowledgeable info about items that you wouldn't know otherwise. Just a thought....

As I said, it's your money to do with as you wish. If you allow a presenter to influence if, and how, you spend it, more fool you. I don't have a problem, generically, with her presenting on both channels; she is a working mother who, chances are, is the major earner in the family. I would take issue, if she started spouting a load of religious epitaphs on QVC. But. having said that, I turn off when she is on, so it wouldn't really matter. I would think the Q have elucidated upon the fact that the majority of QVC viewers won't want to be preached to, whilst deciding if, and what, to buy. As much as I don't like her as a presenter, I don't think she would do that.

Goodness me, who've thought someone having a spiritual belief could cause so much cynicism and vitriol? Imagine that - a person with faith presenting a programme about faith on a faith channel … and having the gall to have another job on a shopping channel. Why, that would be like a person who is an active with their church also working in Debenhams … how terrible.:doh:

Luke 16:13
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Goodness me, who've thought someone having a spiritual belief could cause so much cynicism and vitriol? Imagine that - a person with faith presenting a programme about faith on a faith channel … and having the gall to have another job on a shopping channel. Why, that would be like a person who is an active with their church also working in Debenhams … how terrible.:doh:

Couldn't have put it better myself, Nicky

Why shouldn't I be cynical? Something seems decidedly at odds with old haggis face presenting on a religious show and then doing QVC! Why shouldn't I be able to say so?!

IMO there is nothing to be cynical about whatsoever...she's spouting utter bollocks on both channels...religion and home shopping: both are ways of reeling you in to something you neither need nor want by way of spouting lie after lie...more so with religion obviously. But...good luck to her, she ain't hurting anyone.

"Old haggis face"...really any need????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back