Hi- any yankee fans advise me on best tart warmer please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CLBA

Registered Shopper
Hi there

I have had one or two yankee candles- and they're lovely- but- i am often not burning them for long periods of time- so fancy trying the tarts.

I haven't got a tart warmer yet though- just wondered if anyone had any recommendations really!

thank you

CLBA xxx:happy:

Hi there

I have had one or two yankee candles- and they're lovely- but- i am often not burning them for long periods of time- so fancy trying the tarts.

I haven't got a tart warmer yet though- just wondered if anyone had any recommendations really!

thank you

If u can stretch to it invest in an Electric tart warmer with a removal dish , in the long run they save u money as u don't have to buy tea lights, plus there safer as theres no naked flame. Ive had one for several years and use it everyday :happy:

Hi there

thank you

I burn the large housewarmer candles mostly, but do occasionally use wax melts, and have had some bought for me, and I use an electric burner, a lot cleaner, and less debris than one which is used with tea lights. Plus, you will save money on the lights. I do also have a couple of the manual burners, which I bought for 99p each at one of the cheap shops. Also depends how long you burn them for, but it doesn't usually take the electric burner long to heat up.

If u can stretch to it invest in an Electric tart warmer with a removal dish , in the long run they save u money as u don't have to buy tea lights, plus there safer as theres no naked flame. Ive had one for several years and use it everyday :happy:

and there's no risk of nasty sooty stains messing up your walls

I used the large jar candles in the past but when we redecorated I bought the electric tart warmer with the removeable dish. I really like it. It doesn`t take long for the tarts to melt, they give off just enough fragrance without being overpowering and you only need to burn them for a short while if you wish. When the melt loses its fragrance just pop the dish into the freezer for 10 minutes and the old melt slips out of the dish without having to poke it out and without leaving any mess in the dish. I wouldn`t go back to burning candles and my pale cream walls won`t suffer from soot marks either.

Thank you Scrangiefan and Vienna, come to think of it- i have got some marks on the wall . Thanks for the tip about freezer too:happy:xxx

I'll join in with everyone else and say stretch to an electric warmer if you can :)

If you do fancy getting a traditional one to use with a tea light then I would recommend getting the "all in one" ones (like this http://www.yankeedirect.com/product/yankee_candle_core_mosaic_tart_burner/4117/ You can put the whole thing in the freezer to pop out the tart too), rather than the glass ones with a removable dish as the wax tends to not melt so well and starts to firm over the top after an hour or so (I don't know if the tart is slightly further away from the naked flame with them) :)

I have a ceramic tart burner beautifully painted with flowers and butterflys and a Christmas one, I want them to look pretty/or festive.

I don't trust tart burners, I had one a few years ago and didn't notice that after a while a crack had developed in the dish. One time using it, it caught fire, because of the crack. I've never used a tart burner since. I've never seen the electric burners, I presume they have a cabled plug? Normally I'd have candles sitting on my mantle piece but not sure a cable would reach to the socket and if it did would look a bit unsightly .

I have the last 2 yankie candle electric tart burners from qvc. Both out of stock now.
The cables are quite short about 2 feet. One has an integral tart dish and the other one has a loose tart dish.

and there's no risk of nasty sooty stains messing up your walls
Sorry to disagree with you all BUT I have just got rid of all my tarts and the tart warmers as I was so fed up of having candle wax splattered all up and over everything. I have a lovely white ruched fabric table lamp that is now ruined with purple wax splatters. I also found that after the 1st initial burning of the wax tart, that it never fragranced again afterwards so then got thrown away. Personally, I would go with samplers instead if you only want something that burns for such a short time.

I only use tart burners that need t-lights and have never had a problem with "sputtering". some tarts fragrance longer than others but 12 hours is around avergage. some scent for a lot more. its my favoured way of scenting all my rooms. the scented t-lights from yankee are quite good if they are the stronger scents. my least fav yankee product is the samplers as I have had problems with the wicks being tooo thin or being too far from the centre so the sampler does not burn evenly. I always use a yankee sampler holder but its hit and miss for me

Thank you for your thoughts everyone- sorry with delay in response - have been offline for a few days :wave: xxx

I've given up on my tart burner as they don't seem to give as much fragrance and I'm fed up with chipping out the leftovers... even with following the freezer tip... maybe it's the fact that my burner has a matt finish.

Latest posts

Back