Jackie Kabler doesn't want Diamonique

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbell

Registered Shopper
She said that she wants an eternity ring then went on to say that she wants a better one than the ring she was showing at the time with Andrea McClean! Don't think bosses will be too happy but it was so funny!:happy:

I agree, good on her, it would have been ridiculous for her to have said she would love to have a diamonique ring for her eternity ring. No one in their right mind would buy their other half a faux diamond ring for that occasion. I bought myself a diamonique faux engagement ring because my 'real' one is too tight and I cannot be bothered to get it resized - (ever hopeful to loose the excess poundage so that it will fit again). I bought it so I didn't mind but if my husband had lovingly bought it for me....it would be no supper tonight!

She's a breath of fresh air. I smiled the other day when she was doing some ghastly fashion hour and she said that she struggled to know what to wear! Read into that what you will. She has a nice easy style, describes things well and doesn't try and force everything down our throats.

I agree, good on her, it would have been ridiculous for her to have said she would love to have a diamonique ring for her eternity ring. No one in their right mind would buy their other half a faux diamond ring for that occasion. I bought myself a diamonique faux engagement ring because my 'real' one is too tight and I cannot be bothered to get it resized - (ever hopeful to loose the excess poundage so that it will fit again). I bought it so I didn't mind but if my husband had lovingly bought it for me....it would be no supper tonight!

I concur 100%. If, when I had got engaged, my fiance had given me a diamonique ring, I don't think I would have been too impressed. He bought me my one and only piece of diamonique, and that was only because it had the word 'love' inscribed on the inside of the shank, more a sentimental, romantic purchase. It is, essentially, paste and not something I would waste money on. I do agree, however, that if you're financially strapped. then it would be an acceptable substitute, until you can afford 'the real thing'.

Although my engagement ring is real, my best friend's one wasn't because they just couldn't afford a real diamond. She loved her ring so much that it meant so much to her I doubt that she would ever have replaced it. She passed away sadly but her daughter will no doubt treasure her mothers ring.

By the way the price of diamonds is as high as it is- apparently artificially controlled by the industry a bit like a cartel. I heard that diamonds are actually in very good supply, so the value is manipulated rather than down to rarity.

Some of us don't have the cash for real gemstones and would rather get the look without the cost - no matter what celebration/reason it is for.

Good on that woman! I wonder how long it will take the powers that be to squeeze the indivuality out of her, though, or will she follow Ms Greenwood et al into the blue horizon?

I admire her honesty. Everybody is different when it comes to jewellery and some people would rather have lots of things at lesser prices and others would rather own just a couple of more expensive items, to each their own. Sentimental value is priceless though and I still hang onto a string of plastic beads my son bought me for Christmas with his pocket money when he was about 5. My first engagement ring was tiny diamond chips you needed a magnifying glass to see and it was all we could afford at the time. I wore it for 25 years until the shank wore as thin as a razor blade and then it eventually snapped and my OH bought me a new engagement and wedding ring but never had the same attachment to it. Obviously the presenter wants something special and who can blame her.

brilliant just like the faux diamonds. its a nice ring for that price and it still sold out

I never really noticed her much, until I wanted to buy something in the hour she was presenting and as I couldn't see the item number on my screen, I was hoping she would say it seen most of them do, but she was far too busy telling us about her holiday in Gran Canaria in October to be bothered telling me what the item number was, I tried to rewind to check too see if I missed it but she never said it. I noticed she did the same thing again with the following items.

If circumstances meant I couldn't have a real diamond ring, I would rather not have one than wear a fake diamond. If someone loves you, you don't need a cheap piece of jewellery to remind you.

I don't see why it should make any difference whether a ring is real, fake, made of diamond, glass or Lego, if someone you love has bought it for you, you like it and it makes you happy then surely that's what's important?

I'd recommend looking in antique shops if money is tight, there are some beautiful vintage rings out there with very sparkly diamonds. I have my mum's engangement ring which was bought second hand just after the war and the diamonds seem to have more sparkle than my own solitaire and other rings I've looked at in high street jewellers. I have DQ as well but I've only even been asked about my Mum's diamonds by jewellers.
There used to be a view that an engagement ring should cost the groom a month's salary, has anyone else heard of this? I suspect it was a way of delaying an engagement until the hopeful chap could show an ability to save in the olden days.
My first engagement ring was an antique sapphire cabouchon with 2 small diamonds either side (given to my niece who has a September birthday after my divorce). My sister's ring was also an antique cabouchon garnet surrounded by seed pearls (thrown away and never retrieved when her marrage failed!).

But as has been said it's the thought behind the ring that counts in my book.

When I got engaged we didn't have twopence to rub together but it was very much expected to have a ring.
I loved a second hand one but OH would not buy it so I got a tiny tiny new one.
As time went on he bought me various gem rings and I wore them with my band as the mood took me.
For 25th I got one very similar to the S/hand one and due to the high cost I feel I should wear it every day but sort of miss wearing the others with the wedding band.

All of the above is proof that I am a ring junkie (but never wear more than one on each hand) and am quite happy to use anything as wedding jewellery as to me that is all it is - a ring

Marriage is more than a ring and that is 42 years of experience speaking.

Latest posts

Back