Lola Rose Bargains.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I have several LR pieces of jewellery, with which I am quite pleased. The launch of her beauty products does not, however, seem to have been too successful. Her hand cream appears in the BH regularly, and now we have a LR OTO hand cream set. She is quite a talented designer, but I don't think that qualifies her to create beauty products. I would have thought that many of her afficianados, would have jumped right in for these. They either haven't, or have and haven't been impressed, thus returning them. Whatever, they do not get air time any more, unless they are on special offer. Moral of the story : stick to what you know. Debs has just explained that Nicki introduced the hand cream because we needed something to make us look good whilst wearing her jewellery - as if the Q don't stock any other ranges - when, realistically, she saw another avenue to be explored as a money maker. Nothing wrong with that; unfortunately, she designed the jewellery, so it was her input that created each piece, but she didn't manufacture the creams, or what went into them, so the quality of the end product was not determined by her.

i have several pieces of LR jewellery some from Q & others from the LE website.She is going into other ranges which I am not interested in---like the original jewellery look & that is what I will go for--but good luck for other ranges!

not keen on the cheap base metal being used instead of sterling silver at the silver prices.

It did not help when the model Catherine and her Ma were caught live on camera pulling faces sniffing the hand cream when q were trying to flog it. I am very surprised Nikki has since booked her for the shows if it was me she would of been given the boot.

I bought quite a few of the Lola Rose hand creams in TK Maxx. I love them - they sink in straightaway, no parabens etc. Love the fragrance too. Saw them originally in John Lewis and baulked at the prices. I think the hand cream is very good quality and no doubt thought has been put into them. However, Nicky isn't known for toiletries and the market is saturated with every conceivable lotion and potion. Her product did not have a recognisable place in the market ie the luxe end (full price handcreams around £14 a tube!). Just because one can make pretty jewellery, it doesn't mean that you can become a toiletry brand and make shed loads more money.

I like her original jewellery. I don't like the silver and gold tone base metal stuff Nicky seems determined to chuck into her jewellery. Its yuk and I won't buy it. She should stick at what she's good at - her original jewellery.

I do like her scarves but baulk again at paying £55 for one. That said, it seems to be the going price for woven scarves these days. I was browsing in Cath Kidston yesterday and the scarves were £48. Way beyond my budget.

I bought quite a few of the Lola Rose hand creams in TK Maxx. I love them - they sink in straightaway, no parabens etc. Love the fragrance too. Saw them originally in John Lewis and baulked at the prices. I think the hand cream is very good quality and no doubt thought has been put into them. However, Nicky isn't known for toiletries and the market is saturated with every conceivable lotion and potion. Her product did not have a recognisable place in the market ie the luxe end (full price handcreams around £14 a tube!). Just because one can make pretty jewellery, it doesn't mean that you can become a toiletry brand and make shed loads more money.

I like her original jewellery. I don't like the silver and gold tone base metal stuff Nicky seems determined to chuck into her jewellery. Its yuk and I won't buy it. She should stick at what she's good at - her original jewellery.

I do like her scarves but baulk again at paying £55 for one. That said, it seems to be the going price for woven scarves these days. I was browsing in Cath Kidston yesterday and the scarves were £48. Way beyond my budget.

Check out house of fraser Flamenco some scarves reduced.

Scarves are half price on Lola's website £27.50. More than enough to pay, imo.

Latest posts

Back