More excellent purchases last night

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

newtobid

Registered Shopper
The Bt Deck phones were on again (and price drop earlier in day for pence less)

much cheaper than anywhere i could find online (all in) well reviewed phones and they flew out

The Lavender deal of the day is also good value, individual lavender plants vary in my local garden centres from £2.00 to £3.50 per plant, getting 10 for under £15 all in is excellent value

well done bid

The Lavender deal of the day is also good value, individual lavender plants vary in my local garden centres from £2.00 to £3.50 per plant, getting 10 for under £15 all in is excellent value

well done bid

Until you read the small print and saw that they where not the full size plants you might buy in your garden center but VERY SMALL plug plants, and at this time of year it is not going to easy to get them to "take" as every thing is slowing down in the garden at this time if year, and Lavender doesn't do wet weather.
If they had been selling these in the spring then may be, they would be the good deal they are telling us they are.

The technology POTW Garmin Nuvi 2447LMT Sat Nav for £139.99 + P+P is widely available for less, Halfords sell it for £139.32 either in store or with free delivery online.

I saw the 'fiver' mock croc awful bag again last night after seeing it a couple of times yesterday with our Sally

So it was on with the lovely Steve/Yolisa who had a free P&P show. The 'fiver' bag became £12.37 with the free postage :rolleyes: (not taking into account the price of a call)

So which works best I wonder, the low price shown but having to add postage/call charges or free P&P which means the postage is factored into a more expensive price shown?

I saw the 'fiver' mock croc awful bag again last night after seeing it a couple of times yesterday with our Sally

So it was on with the lovely Steve/Yolisa who had a free P&P show. The 'fiver' bag became £12.37 with the free postage :rolleyes: (not taking into account the price of a call)

So which works best I wonder, the low price shown but having to add postage/call charges or free P&P which means the postage is factored into a more expensive price shown?

Ah yes, the handbag with 'free P+P', yeah right :happy: They were selling the Sally Hansen Manicure kit again yesterday for 1p although usually it never sells for more than £1. However, they were selling it with 'free P+P' last week for £3.99 so it was still cheaper but free P+P? Nah!

The good thing is if I guess you want to return an item for a refund but the 'free P+P' malarkey is hardly transparent, and hardly surprising from this shower.

Ah yes, the handbag with 'free P+P', yeah right :happy: They were selling the Sally Hansen Manicure kit again yesterday for 1p although usually it never sells for more than £1. However, they were selling it with 'free P+P' last week for £3.99 so it was still cheaper but free P+P? Nah!

The good thing is if I guess you want to return an item for a refund but the 'free P+P' malarkey is hardly transparent, and hardly surprising from this shower.

Yes Wirral returns wise it favours us. I think you have to return things recorded to be sure they acknowledge it.

They're having quite a few of these free p&p shows lately, is it voucher spending time or summat?

Yes Wirral returns wise it favours us. I think you have to return things recorded to be sure they acknowledge it.

They're having quite a few of these free p&p shows lately, is it voucher spending time or summat?

3 of the 'Free £10 Credit' giveaways became active last week (21-23 August) which sadly would have fell during Steve's 'free P+P' promo last Thursday on the 22nd, which I have no doubt is just a coincidence:wink:

another thread changed into a negative

im leaving alone the mickey taking threads id appreciate it if you did the same

the points about the lavender being small plug plants is a good one. However i strongly disagree they wont "take" at this time of year infact they should take into late october in my experience

the points about the lavender being small plug plants is a good one. However i strongly disagree they wont "take" at this time of year infact they should take into late october in my experience

From my experience you normally cut the lavender back at the end of August when its finished its flowering. There are a few different types of Lavender that can flower as late as October/November but I've never seen any so can't comment on those.

That's the thing though N2B the so called negative points are not just there because they want to make this tread negative as you said yourself they are making good points and just showing that as usual with bid there is a catch or something not as clear cut as it would first seem.

I have had a few items from BID gardening this year. Some good some bad. Personally I wouldn't buy small plugs this late in the year for a summer flowering plant. I would be surprised if they made it to next year. I would though recommend the easy fill hanging baskets and their compost. Not the cheapest but very good quality. I also got the date palms which are a good deal. But the roses I got and also the fuchsias where rubbish. The roses barely flowered and the fuchsias are the worst I have had in years. A nettle bares more flowers. The flowers are delivered well packaged but I don't think they can really compete with the big garden centres for quality and price. Plus. It's much more fun having a plod around looking at the plants. What I do like about bid is you get something a little different and lots of hardy plants too. Plus it's nice to get some info with your purchase. And what a dish Martin Cox is!

I wasn't trying to turn this thread into a Bid bashing session just pointing out the facts as I saw them.
I don't often watch Bid theses days but just happened to catch the lavender plants and stopped to watch as I love lavender and have lots already in my garden but there is always room for more so actually did think about buying these.
But once I realized they where plug plants I abandoned my purchase as per my original post.
I just think that it is very easy to be misled by the presenters who while not actually lying are not giving us all of the facts that might influence our buying choices.

I guess NTB, if you don't want a "positives only" thread, you're going to have to request it in the title , as did the person who started the random musings/no arguments thread as like yourself, they were sick of their threads being taken off topic and turned into a bunfight every time. Imo, anyway at the moment, though I think I can see some minor improvements taking place ie, some decent stock coming in, some transparency, some free p&p deals - There's still a whole lot of stuff that needs addressing - Still most Wednesdays they're getting ASA adjudications upheld, they're still trying to get us to spend more money (fair enough) but with mainly "void" vouchers as a lure ( This has GOT to stop!)

Latest posts

Back