SLIM BE product anygood?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's no way it's the product that fills you up, it's the water/liquid you MUST drink when you take it that will fill you up. I get so angry evey single time I see it demo'd. I can pretty much guarantee a pint of water 10/20 mins before every meal would have the same effect.

I believe the Slim Be stuff is similar to Fibogel in the way it expands and solidifies. I've taken Fibogel in the past and I have to say that a glass of Fibogel really fills me up much more than a glass of plain water. It has substance and gives the gut something to get hold of, and I imagine Slim Be would be the same.

Do you honestly think Christine Hamilton would put her name to a product, if it DIDN'T work?!***

its best to eat proper food that is healthy and fills us up surely?...fruit does that usually and healthy brown carbs like wholewheat etc ....drinking shakes ...make a healthy smoothie ...cheaper and maybe healheir ...tell me to hush ...im doing a nutrtion course at home...i think i know it all ..and i havnt started it it yer:sweat:

its best to eat proper food that is healthy and fills us up surely?...fruit does that usually and healthy brown carbs like wholewheat etc ....drinking shakes ...make a healthy smoothie ...cheaper and maybe healheir ...tell me to hush ...im doing a nutrtion course at home...i think i know it all ..and i havnt started it it yer:sweat:

You are right though - the only way to slim properly is to eat healty

The product is based on Konjac, popular in Japan, I believe. You can buy Konjac tablets from health food shops as well, if you want to try this. I think the principal is that if you are starting out on a diet and need help adjusting to eating less, it can help promote a feeling of fullness whilst you get used to eating less. It can also be used on fast days if you are following a 5:2 diet regime, again to make you feel full. It is no substitute for following a healthy balanced diet, and if you are trying to lose weight, then the only way to do so in the long term, is to eat a lot less and exercise a lot more (speaking from the experience of losing 48lbs in just over 6 months) and sadly, that's the harsh truth. Three expensive sachets a day aren't going to help at all if you don't address the basic, underlying issues.

I watched a programme recently presented by Gloria Hunniford, she was finding out what goes into certain foods etc. A lot of diet things contain methylcellulose, also found in wallpaper paste. Apparently it is harmless and safe to eat and expands in the stomach to make you feel full. Yuk.

I'm not into these gimicky things, I suppose they'd be alright to kickstart you off on a weight loss, but agree that ultimately it's long-term lifestyle/eating habits/exercise that will lead to and sustain a healthy weight. If I'm bored I'll eat, whether I'm feeling full or not, so agree these won't help with changing bad eating habits. I wouldn't buy diet chef or other calorie counted ready meals either - I know that something like that which got zapped in the microwave and put on the plate and gone in five minutes would leave me thinking, "is that it?" Overall i feel more satisifed if I've taken the time to prepare something myself

thankyou for your input everybody ...the 5:2 diet is intrigriguing...if it really has all those health benefits that it states then what a revelation

id love to be slimmer and just cant seem to do it - i know in my heart its eat less,move more and when i really focus on that,i do loose weight.however its an effort - my natural size and weight is bigger than i want to be - and the thought of being long term slim means no treats,sweets or desserts :confused: and limited carbs for the rest of my life...well just feels sh1te!!!!!!

rainbow dotte ...it is eat less ..but of the stuff thats not nutritious...and ...when our bodies are depleted of 'feel good' nutirients that reliease seratonin to our systems thats is when we reach for sugar..im doing lots of research into this and my passion is to help people... reading all the 'experts' books and they are fascinating...and for all Gillian Mckeiths faults..i totally agree when she says ...i dont let my patients weigh themselves and i tell them to forget weightloss..because when we eat healthier the weight looks after itself..........could go on for ever ..im not expert at all...just gathering lots of info for the future and starting a diploma in nutriiton adviser...and im pretty sure that doesnt mean no sweets etc....that is too much to ask of anybody no matter how good they are with their nutriotion.

Latest posts

Back