Snotty letter from Bid customer services

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thunderstorm

Registered Shopper
In relation to this post:
I got a bad review.
Monday evening around 8:45pm Bid sold the 7 inch Yarvik tablet for £59.99
I bought through the website and sure enough my name came along the bottom of the screen.
I have not received any email from them confirming my purchase or indeed to say the item has been dispatched.
Here is my online customer statement - unprocessed. I am NOT going to chase them to finalise my purchase with expensive phone calls.
They either want my custom or not...
View attachment 9268
I have today received what I would class as a nasty letter.

Here are 2 quotes from the letter, when reading this take into account my post above:
we have recently carried out an audit of your bid shopping account, and found your cancellation ratio to be disproportionately high.
although we value your custom, we will unfortunately be left with no option but to suspend you from transacting with bid shopping until further notice.
I find this very hard to take in being as they were the ones at fault, not me.

In relation to this post:

I have today received what I would class as a nasty letter.

Here are 2 quotes from the letter, when reading this take into account my post above:

I find this very hard to take in being as they were the ones at fault, not me.

That's a coincidence as I heard a rumour the ASA and OFCOM have recently carried out an audit of Bid Shopping and found their bullshitting ratio to be disproportionately high.

Seriously though I wouldn't worry about it, sounds to me like times are getting tougher at Bid Shopping and I cannot see things getting better anytime soon either.

Last edited:
How very annoying, and what a flaming cheek! It's no good arguing with them as it will only cost you money to do so! Email or write to them, but don't hold your breath for a reply! As annoyed as I would be if this happened to me, I would consider it a blessing as you'll no doubt save yourself quite a bit of money - There is the occasional fab buy to be had...my pan set (hopefully) but there's more than an awful lot of tat!

According to my Say no to 0870 app 020 8600 9700 gets you through to bid TV land. I tried it it asks what extension you want. Maybe you could get through to a human if you don't try pressing anything :)

I've never read such drivel. In such times of austerity Bid should be thankful for any custom they get. The art of customer service is to treat your customers as you'd expect to be treated yourself. It's common courtesy :talking:

"The customer is always right" :happy:

Well that makes a mockery of the bonkers heory that they actively want people to cancel or return orders so they keep the postage charge.

I'm tempted to buy something online again to see if they actually process and dispatch the order rather than cancel it themselves.
But I can't be bothered to meddle with the shoddy customer services anymore ...

I'm tempted to buy something online again to see if they actually process and dispatch the order rather than cancel it themselves.
But I can't be bothered to meddle with the shoddy customer services anymore ...

You can get a much better 8GB Acer 7" Jellybean Tablet with HDMI in Argos for just around tenner or so more than the price of that Yarvik and the P+P, or you can get comparable or better spec tablets than that Yarvik on ebay for considerably less.

Inadvertently they probably did you a favour!

Last edited:
Nothing short of ridiciulous.
Snotty doesn't begin to describe it, I'd say it's down-right insulting.

It's your legal right to cancel purchases; to tell you that they don't want your custom because of it... beyond words, I guess Sit-Up aren't a fan of making money.

I recently dealt with customer service at Bid. Well... at Ocean Tree Trading, actually. I won a bid on a USB freeview reciever. They cancelled the order and said that it ended up being damaged before despatch. They rang me up though, apologising on the phone, refunded me the item and £5 on top for the inconvinience. I can't say my experiences with Sit-Up (I assume their Ocean Tree CS staff are the same) wasn't anything but fantastic, personally.

Well that makes a mockery of the bonkers heory that they actively want people to cancel or return orders so they keep the postage charge.

No the actively want people to keep the crap they received because they know they will be £10 out of pocket plus return postage. That is what I and others mean. They also have the other money making scheme of having the top branded stuff with ones and twos to make from the phone cal with hundreds missing out.

Think I just made a mockery of your mockery But that's just my heary :p

Far be it from me to defend Sit Up (and i'm not) but i'm sure I read somewhere that QVC can also be funny with people who return, in their opinion, too many items and have subsequently threatened to, or indeed have, closed some customers accounts.

Playing devils advocate I suppose it could be argued that if a customer is always returning items you could question why on earth they keep ordering even more products from a company that seemingly dosen't meet their expectations. On the other hand both QVC and Sit-Up make much of their no quibble returns polices so they either have such a policy, or they don't!

Last edited:
You can get a much better 8GB Acer 7" Jellybean Tablet with HDMI in Argos for just around tenner or so more than the price of that Yarvik and the P+P, or you can get comparable or better spec tablets than that Yarvik on ebay for considerably less.

Inadvertently they probably did you a favour!

Wirral is bang on with this one.
The Yarvik tablets aren't the great deals they look like. Bigger brands, like Acer, sell similar spec tablets for similar prices.

No the actively want people to keep the crap they received because they know they will be £10 out of pocket plus return postage. That is what I and others mean. They also have the other money making scheme of having the top branded stuff with ones and twos to make from the phone cal with hundreds missing out.

Think I just made a mockery of your mockery But that's just my heary :p

PMSL you Internet conspiracy theorists crack me up. No facts required, just blind faith. You should consider a career in the vatikan lol.

PMSL you Internet conspiracy theorists crack me up. No facts required, just blind faith. You should consider a career in the vatikan lol.

Lets be fair here, there was ample proof that Sit Up have a tiny amount of stock of certain brands. They were selling Sony laptops for a pittance, with only a few in stock. It was like a lottery. Peter Simon would proudly state that "hundreds of you missed out there". How is that not proof?

In my near 3 years of being a member of this good forum I genuinely haven't laughed so much at a post.

True comedy gold :giggle:

Lets be fair here, there was ample proof that Sit Up have a tiny amount of stock of certain brands. They were selling Sony laptops for a pittance, with only a few in stock. It was like a lottery. Peter Simon would proudly state that "hundreds of you missed out there". How is that not proof?

Soooooo he is full of BS all the time... Apart from when your post requires him to be speaking the gospel truth lol.

In my near 3 years of being a member of this good forum I genuinely haven't laughed so much at a post.

True comedy gold :giggle:

Hahaha the next time you ask yourself "should I get out more?" you should re read that post. I think it contains your answer LOL.

Hahaha the next time you ask yourself "should I get out more?" you should re read that post. I think it contains your answer LOL.

My darling, after the amusement you have given me I happily give you carte blanche to insult me in anyway you choose. You are so hysterically unaware that it would be impossible for me to reciprocate :happy:

My darling, after the amusement you have given me I happily give you carte blanche to insult me in anyway you choose. You are so hysterically unaware that it would be impossible for me to reciprocate :happy:

tempting - but Unfortunately, i realize how crucial your status on here is to you. spending your life pointing out the faults of others may carry you favor on an internet forum but i doubt very much its a characteristic that wins you much favor out in the real world. i don't want to be the one who takes away the little bit of happiness you have.

Latest posts

Back