Marie Francoise.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I didn't get a close look at her, but the lady on the Wellman/woman advert, looked like MF from Kipling. Has anyone seen the ad? I know she does this kind of thing, as does Natalia (Park Hampers) from Revitalash. Just my opinion, but this doesn't really make me regard the guests used by the Q, as 'experts'. Like the presenters, they are salespeople. Even consignment brands in Debenhams, such as Clinique and Estee Lauder (neither of which I use) train the assistants on the counter, in the company's products and philosophy. Shopping tv is a different retail concept and, therefore, the appearance of the guest is, I feel, deemed to be more important than their knowledge of the item being sold.

I disagree... we all know that brand ambassadors are there to sell but MF knows the product. I don't think I have ever seen her caught out not knowing a colour or characteristic of her product.

I think she is one of the best and definitely earns her money.

I think MF is an excellent guest, she always knows the features of the products and the many colours. She's always totally familiar with the product unlike some guests who put their name to a brand yet still get caught out.

I really like MF, she knows her stuff, has a great personality and is really pretty too.

i think MF has eased into her job...i think she was terrible to begin with and didnt know her stuff - she used to get right confused with the colours and names.obviously a few years later shes really got into it and i agree shes very good now - but its taken some time

Guest/sales ambassador/ whatever...the ONLY reason they are there is to push sales, it's a strategy to hook people into making purchases. I could talk for hours on anything if I was paid, doesn't make me an expert.

i think MF has eased into her job...i think she was terrible to begin with and didnt know her stuff - she used to get right confused with the colours and names.obviously a few years later shes really got into it and i agree shes very good now - but its taken some time

To be fair its no wonder people get the colours muddled when Kipling bring so many colours that are bordering on being identical but have different shade names, and we get statements like "this is called gentle grey, but it's really a beige". I quite like her, but probably preferred the previous Kipling lady, Lorraine something?

To be fair its no wonder people get the colours muddled when Kipling bring so many colours that are bordering on being identical but have different shade names, and we get statements like "this is called gentle grey, but it's really a beige". I quite like her, but probably preferred the previous Kipling lady, Lorraine something?

have to say i dont agree.im an avid kipling collector and whether it makes me sad or not...i do know all the colours and bag names - i look on ebay and can give most bags a name where the average customer cant - as i would expect (it helps that i have a fantastic memory!!) - but i would expect a brand ambassador - one whose really into it and into the brand - to know these things.as i said MF is good now...but at the begining IMO she enjoyed just being on the tele rather than knowing the brand

IMO the best of the whole lot is Nicki from Birkinstock who really knows her stuff and can also hold her own with the shouters simply by giving so much product info they have to tone it down.

i think nicki is one of the best guests qvc have.
the lady from clarks and frank usher are very nice ladies too

i think nicki is one of the best guests qvc have.
the lady from clarks and frank usher are very nice ladies too

One of the most informative hours I've seen on QVC was the Clarks lady with Alison Keenan. They made an informative and articulate hour beautifully presented. Unfortunately one of the pairs of boots shown as "new" was the same as a pair I'd been wearing for over a year, when I bought a second pair of them! Brilliant boots, but maybe "new" just means "new to QVC", not "new in town". And I paid only £30 for the second pair at a Clarks shop - before they were shown on QVC for about £80!

As for Marie Francoise, I like her. She knows her stuff and is easy on the ear and on the eye (my husband agrees with me here!)

Last edited:
Do you ever play the Kipling Bingo when she's on?

You have to guess what she has in the bag: a book, a bottle of water, a pair of flip flops, sunglasses, wallet (never a purse) etc.

Mr Tiddly is pretty good at paying attention when MF is on... why the sudden interest in handbags, I'll never know :thinking:

hubby and i play spot the kipling bag when we walk round bluewater kent ...i said first one to spot one ...ten points....hubby got the ten points and i sulked! lol...

The revitalash girl was on one of the shopping channels during the night with one of the QVC models think her name is Nicola (blonde) selling a skin care range (sorry can`t remember the name of it ) The model was saying when she had her baby she had used the eye cream for dry skin around her eyes. So basically they are glorified sales assistant who will sell anything and say anything to sell !!

I hope Malcolm comes back with Lockandlock. Very pleasant, knowledgable and GSOH. Nice lowkey selling.

Latest posts

Back