Acer Laptop TSV 01/09/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've had an Acer laptop for 7 years now and despite the battery not charging it is still working. I just run it off the mains as the battery charge on lasts around d 3 minutes. I use it at least 40 hours a week as an extra to my work laptop.

i work for HP but always choose an acer laptop for home use - better spec for the money than you can get anywhere else, and never had any problems with them (on to my 3rd one - keep upgrading not cos their broken :) )

Acer Aspire V3531 15.6" Laptop Intel Pentium 4GB RAM, 750GB Windows 8
Item Number 504400
QVC Price £385.00
Today's Special Value Price £329.94
P&P: £9.95

Thinking about getting this. Is it any good? Not sure about the processor as I was hoping for at least an i5 processor and also 8gb team. However the price seems reasonable so I am thinking a compromise might be in order

There has to be better deals out there than this. It's got an antiquated (by today's standards) processor and for a few quid more you could get one with an i3!

But...you've got virtually no chance of getting an i5 with 8GB RAM at the same price point :(

Last edited:
Jordie_tart, funny I swear by Compaq(owned by HP), my 3 laptops have always been this brand. The last was a refurbished one from Currys and they saw me coming, fan went the old CQ50 and the battery too. I did get nearly 5 years out of it, but no idea how long it had been with another owner before that???? Newest one I spoke to my tutor told him want I wanted and he picked the CQ58-306SA which I bought direct from HP UK. I got three years free warranty and with a 5% code got it for £303.05, delivered next day to Belfast free shipping. It has the i3 code thingy. Its light, cool as in you can't fry an egg on it and like Windows 8 when I got rid of the bits I don't use.

I remember some years back Acer was so cheap then everyone bought one and suddenly they really jumped the prices.

The same laptop on Asda direct is £309.00 with delivery:-
•Standard within 3 to 5 days: £2.95
•Named Day: £4.50
•Next Day: £4.50
•Named Day with Time Slot: £5.95

Lee said it was high spec, great price. My laptop is a much higher spec, with bluray; granted it was more expensive. I am looking for a second laptop, as a backup in case anything goes wrong with this one, and I am without it for a day or so. But I would be downgrading by buying this; I would rather buy a superior model, and use my current laptop as the backup. Also, note that there is no 'added value' with this tsv, so is it such a good deal? Add about £30 for security, and the price heads north somewhat.

The same laptop on Asda direct is £309.00 with delivery:-
•Standard within 3 to 5 days: £2.95
•Named Day: £4.50
•Next Day: £4.50
•Named Day with Time Slot: £5.95

Its out of stock on Asda and also QVC Now!

Latest posts

Back