Whose in charge...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Piss poor communication within this channel - Guy has done the first couple of hours on air this morning and didn't know about the £10 free credit running all weekend to which Mark Stewart confirmed at 9am that everyone who had bought from Guy would receive the credit :wait:

Last edited:
Piss poor communication within this channel - Guy has done the first couple of hours on air this morning and didn't know about the £10 free credit running all weekend to which Mark Stewart confirmed at 9am that everyone who had bought from Guy would receive the credit :wait:

It would be easy to think that Guy cannot be arsed, and it shows. I heard a rumour that he thinks he should be performing in King Lear at The National Theatre as opposed to selling Solar Turtles on Bid TV but sadly such opportunities have been somewhat thin on the ground (as in non existent) but I have no idea if that is fact or not.

Poor chap.

Last edited:
I do often feel a bit sorry for the presenters - it seems they're not helped out a huge deal by their producers and floor managers - often they're trying to demo products that aren't set up properly, aren't plugged it, that the producer has the wrong VT playing for etc.

It seems like not only are they being made to sell crap products, but they're not even being helped a great deal in doing it!

(Just flicked over to see Guy - he hasn't even been arsed to iron his shirt today... it's a bit legendary how LITTLE he cares really!)

I do often feel a bit sorry for the presenters - it seems they're not helped out a huge deal by their producers and floor managers - often they're trying to demo products that aren't set up properly, aren't plugged it, that the producer has the wrong VT playing for etc.

It seems like not only are they being made to sell crap products, but they're not even being helped a great deal in doing it!

(Just flicked over to see Guy - he hasn't even been arsed to iron his shirt today... it's a bit legendary how LITTLE he cares really!)

The production staff are probably as cheaply hired as the terrible presenters. I suppose you get what you pay for and boy, it shows.

It's a pity the same dosen't apply to the merchandise.

Apparently Peter Simon made a big mistake last night (sold an item with the wrong carat size) and he kept apologising saying it wasn't his fault as he was just reading the writing that he thought he saw, so on the next item after loads of apologising he said they would do a special auction on a piece of tanzanite to make up for his error on the previous auction.... I have to say after the upheld complaints against them last week it just smacks of incompantance.

Apparently Peter Simon made a big mistake last night (sold an item with the wrong carat size) and he kept apologising saying it wasn't his fault as he was just reading the writing that he thought he saw, so on the next item after loads of apologising he said they would do a special auction on a piece of tanzanite to make up for his error on the previous auction.... I have to say after the upheld complaints against them last week it just smacks of incompantance.

More 'mistakes' will be probably be revealed in due course :wink:

I doubt OFCOM are going to be very impressed with all these 'errors' though. Retraining dosen't seem to be working so perhaps they should consider a change in personnel?

More 'mistakes' will be probably be revealed in due course :wink:

I doubt OFCOM are going to be very impressed with all these 'errors' though. Retraining dosen't seem to be working so perhaps they should consider a change in personnel?

I dunno about mistakes, and whilst the £7.99 p&p charges and phone call are clear in the text - Is it right that Mark Stewart should completely disregard them for most of his shift? I say most of, because with the few items I saw him selling he did not allude to them once. Eg....You give me £4.99 and in return not only will I give you a rug and a runner, I'll give you ten pounds credit, so you're in credit, credit if that makes sense...No Mark it does not, cause adding £7.99 makes it £12.98, take away a tenner and that's £2.98! ..Not only that a tenner credit from them does NOT equate in any way shape or form as a "tenner" to spend - You only have to read through the multitude of t's & c's to realise that - Shame on him!

I dunno about mistakes, and whilst the £7.99 p&p charges and phone call are clear in the text - Is it right that Mark Stewart should completely disregard them for most of his shift? I say most of, because with the few items I saw him selling he did not allude to them once. Eg....You give me £4.99 and in return not only will I give you a rug and a runner, I'll give you ten pounds credit, so you're in credit, credit if that makes sense...No Mark it does not, cause adding £7.99 makes it £12.98, take away a tenner and that's £2.98! ..Not only that a tenner credit from them does NOT equate in any way shape or form as a "tenner" to spend - You only have to read through the multitude of t's & c's to realise that - Shame on him!

And he also said you get the tenner to spend the next time you buy with them without even remotely saying it won't be available until 9 September, and even then just for just 5 days.

I'm sure they'll say it was just yet another 'mistake'. Eitherway they are not getting away with it, and no 'mistake' :happy:

Not at all Mr Tom, it can make for entertaining viewing. Especially when he makes 'mistakes', which he does regularly :giggle:

Its funny when he does make a mistake as you can see in his face he hates being made to look a fool, its like a death stare he gives to the crew lol.

Though to his credit, the exercise bike demo is legitimately good.

Exercise Bike? I have never seen Guy demo one of them, he is good when selling the Electric Bike as he has one but he dosen't strike me as a gym bod!

Exercise Bike? I have never seen Guy demo one of them, he is good when selling the Electric Bike as he has one but he dosen't strike me as a gym bod!

that is what i meant to say, i meant electric bike haha.

I'm such a moron at times. apologies.

that is what i meant to say, i meant electric bike haha.

I'm such a moron at times. apologies.

The electric bike sale is genuinely the only time I have ever seen that man show any enthusiasm for an item.

In fact any enthusiasm full stop :giggle:

If you listen to Bid through a decent pair of headphones, it isn't too long before you can hear crew members on the floor talking, giggling and knocking things over. It's painfully obvious that the staff haven't been trained to be professional, leading one perhaps to believe that the management doesn't give a monkey's about competence. Still, as long as they're raking it in selling dodgy Chinese watches with made-up "designer" Italian names, who cares, right?

If you listen to Bid through a decent pair of headphones, it isn't too long before you can hear crew members on the floor talking, giggling and knocking things over. It's painfully obvious that the staff haven't been trained to be professional, leading one perhaps to believe that the management doesn't give a monkey's about competence. Still, as long as they're raking it in selling dodgy Chinese watches with made-up "designer" Italian names, who cares, right?

Or Compliance.

They wouldn't be in half the shite they're in if management/production team members had done their jobs properly. The entire operation is like a mix of a Laurel and Hardy sketch / stupid contestants on The Crystal Maze who get locked in. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back