Affordable Skincare at Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I really wish Qvc would start stocking more affordable skincare. Most ranges are way out of most people's budget. The likes of Perricone, Rodial and Strivectin amongst others are way to expensive to repeat purchase. Even todays Decleor TSV is over £50, with no easy pay . Qvc's buying power seems to be getting worse or there just not passing the saving onto there loyal customers.

The Liz Earle brand was always labelled as affordable skincare however that's not longer the case IMO, over the years the price of the range has crept up and is now out of many peoples budgets sadly .

There are many high-street brands than cost a lot less and do similar jobs to these more expensive brands.

What Beauty brands would you like to see on Q?

My recent find has been a range called " Good things" the ingredients are great and its affordable to buy

Last edited:
A lot of brands on Q have their own online shops and you get better deals and postage too.

Good idea :) I'd like to see This Works and A'kin back, say Yes range looks good too.
QVC need to offer more value for money as most beauty brands are cheaper on FeelUnique, CheapSmells, LookFantastic and SalonSkincare, however these companies don't offer the 30 day mbg like QVC.

I think the Judith Williams range is slightly more affordable - love her neck cream.

Her bundles seem to be good value for money.

I would like to see A'kin back too. Many supermarkets own brands are just as good as some of the high end ranges on QVC. I changed to Garnier body lotion from Philosphy recently and have noticed my skin feels even better now.

I only buy skincare from Q if it is a TSVor set under £40 or if it's over that (like Decleor) only if it's on easypay.
I know its never gonna happen but I want the old formula cleanse & polish with Almond milk back. Maybe Liz could bring it back with a different name as two fingers to Avon.

There was a big article in the business section of the paper the other day. It was quite interesting. Qvc don't seem to have been hit by the recession. They say that 30% of their business is online now (bypassing the dreaded presenters in many cases I guess). They also say that there's no point in selling readily available brands (clearly) and that they don't aim be to the cheapest but they do aim for customer satisfaction. Hmm? Their biggest challenge is persuading people to buy from tv in the first place and in making them shop with qvc rather than the other shopping telly channels. They also said that some brands are reluctant to sell on qvc because of what effect it might have on their other customers.

Anyway, I also would like to see a'kin back on qvc. Affordable products made with integrity and lovely to use. Liz's September offer is quite good - skin essentials includes a 150ml c&p and a full size body cream plus another freebie. Not bad for £43 odd quid and free postage. I'm trying to eke out my stocks until all the Christmas offers are around and then take my pick and stock up for most of next year. Once you start to add up the cost of beauty products over the year it's quite frightening and buying most of my skincare in one go stops me frittering too much money on bits and pieces that I don't really need.

Hmm, that move to more internet sales is interesting.

I repeat buy things I know I like by using Q-cut or over the internet but I wouldn't buy something new from QVC without seeing a demo first or having seen it somewhere else first.

I quite like having all the explanations etc from the guests... that's a plus for me with buying off the telly.

Twice today I've seen guests comment on the highstreet store Boots specifically, and the quality of high street items. Summer (from Pure Pedi) said Boots was fine for "cheapy" items and Jackie commented that her husband asked her to buy a moisturiser in Boots but then joked about how effective an item for under £8 could be.

That reminds me, Tiddlywinks, they also said that they pride themselves on bringing the brand owners/experts to us in order to tell us all about their products. That's a great idea but it's a shame to go to all the bother and then not let them speak. Maybe they could have an interactive button that allows the viewer to choose between learning about the product from the expert or finding out that the presenter can't leave the house without it and had a minor breakdown when the dog hid it under the floorboards but luckily the neighbour had one and was willing to step in to avert a crisis and now the dog can't live without it either so get it on auto delivery whilst you can because there are queues on the phones.

I agree... I don't mind the odd anecdote and cutesy story but I still want to know about the product first.

That's what annoys me about the tech hours sometimes... they spend a lot of time talking about the apps but not the laptop / tablet or whatever... those apps would work on most specs... I want to know why I should buy that product over the next not about Angry Birds. For instance, I shouldn't have to phone up to see if a printer will work with an Apple laptop... they should give that info as a basic.

In the old days the presenters came armed with their QVC ruler and it was more about the product and giving the customer enough information to make a decision.

Or is that my rose-tinted specs working again?

Do you think it's a general lack of product knowledge or that the producers are encouraging them to waffle on through their earpieces. I think it's a better sell on Ideal World with techie stuff - they seem to spend more time playing with the items and talking about how they are used.

Molton Brown obviously don't think Boots is too down market seeing as they now stock their items there. Well in the Manchester store they do. I quite like some of the ranges Boots stock. I've got some pigmentation marks and cannot use Alpha H. I have been using Eucerine Even brighter for a couple of months now and the marks have almost gone. it may be full of nasties but it's done what l wanted it too and not set off my rosacea when other things haven't. And on offer at the moment so £15 odd for 50mls suits my pocket too.

... and don't forget the Boots Advantage points. One of the best loyalty programmes around.

What do points make? :clapping:

My OH loves MB's Blissful Templetree, I haven't found any bath stuff that he likes as much - so we always have a bottle on the go. He uses Champney's Spa Mens Hair and bodywash in the shower - it would be nice if QVC stocked Champney's too.

Like Spartacus, I vote for SpaRitual, Neal's Yard and Lily Lolo. Makeup-wise I'd also like to see Bare Faced Beauty on Q.

My absolute favourite skincare is Inlight Organics, and while I could doubtless live without their night balm and facial oil, I wouldn't choose to unless I had to.

High-street wise I buy most things from Superdrug and have found products in their Optimum and B skincare ranges very good and extremely reasonably priced, along with their body lotions, shampoos etc. Like Spartacus I choose to use cruelty-free, and all these products conform with that.

Latest posts

Back