If anyone needed proof......................

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
If anyone needed proof that the 'free P+P' is a load of tosh then I think this is it. I think most people will have seen the Microwave Egg Cookers on sale, and that they never sell for more than £1 (but occasionally 1p).

They sold for £4.99

If anyone needed proof that the 'free P+P' is a load of tosh then I think this is it. I think most people will have seen the Microwave Egg Cookers on sale, and that they never sell for more than £1 (but occasionally 1p).

They sold for £4.99

at no point have they advertised it as 'free p&p' they have advertised it as 'no p&p' As someone who loves semantics I'm surprised you don't know the difference.

at no point have they advertised it as 'free p&p' they have advertised it as 'no p&p' As someone who loves semantics I'm surprised you don't know the difference.

You are quite right Bingo, in text. But some presenters have repeatedly said either 'free P+P' or 'no P+P' verbally although what difference it makes to a punter is unclear to me.

Eitherway it isn't 'free' and it isn't 'no'. It's basically a load of crap and another grubby tactic by a company that is in trouble. Of course this isn't something that could ever be successfully complained about (well, I suppose some people might waste their time doing so) but nevertheless I suspect there's plenty more real trouble heading their way :wink:

Last edited:
You are quite right Bingo, in text. But they repeatedly say 'free P+P' and 'no P+P' verbally.

Eitherway it isn't 'free' and it isn't 'no'. It's basically a load of crap and another grubby tactic by a company that is in trouble. And there's plenty more trouble heading their way!

What's 'grubby' about removing the postage? It's a huge benefit to the customers who wish to return items. You can't moan about the postage charges then accuse them of being 'grubby' when they remove the postage charges. Of course they are going to include the cost of delivery in their prices. Just like every single retailer does! Your example of the egg timers is just a laughable one. You throw mud at bid for charging £7.999 p&p. But in the no p&p event they sell the egg cookers with no p&p for less than a fiver. That's a genuine reduction in the total price. But as I have pointed out before you can't please people who don't want to be pleased.

BTW you should consult the ASA to explain the legal differences between 'free p&p' and 'no p&p' there is a huge difference between the two!

What's 'grubby' about removing the postage? It's a huge benefit to the customers who wish to return items. You can't moan about the postage charges then accuse them of being 'grubby' when they remove the postage charges. Of course they are going to include the cost of delivery in their prices. Just like every single retailer does! Your example of the egg timers is just a laughable one. You throw mud at bid for charging £7.999 p&p. But in the no p&p event they sell the egg cookers with no p&p for less than a fiver. That's a genuine reduction in the total price. But as I have pointed out before you can't please people who don't want to be pleased.

BTW you should consult the ASA to explain the legal differences between 'free p&p' and 'no p&p' there is a huge difference between the two!

I know it isn't something worth complaining about Bingo, if I thought it was I would have done so long ago.

On the odd occasion I do complain I only do so when it's really appropriate but if you think it's fine for them to sell an item at 5 times the usual cost but then boast it supposedly has 'no P+P' then that's fine by me. It's just not the kind of thing I would ever do, it seems a bit underhand to me but I guess we adhere to and expect different standards of fairness.

Last edited:
I know it isn't something worth complaining about Bingo, if I thought it was I would have done so long ago.

On the odd occasion I do complain I only do so when it's really appropriate.

Your right. It's not something to complain. About. It's something to be excited about. It's a very postive step and a benefit to the customer. it's a shame that some are so caught up in the protest that they can't rejoice at the victories.

BingoWings dear surely you can see the difference between talking about a slight annoyance on here and an ASA complaint? Think if this forum as an online work place water cooler. If I went to work and said about a bad referee call to a friend at the aforementioned drink dispenser, it doesn't mean I am going to call the FA and make a complaint.

In the case of not having the usual p&p I agree for the people returning items it is good but I can't agree there is a real difference between no p&p and free p&p.

PJ

Your right. It's not something to complain. About. It's something to be excited about. It's a very postive step and a benefit to the customer. it's a shame that some are so caught up in the protest that they can't rejoice at the victories.

It was certainly cheaper overall than usual, and that is welcome.

But to say there's 'no P+P' wouldn't appear a particularly transparent thing to say when an item sells for 5 times more than usual, in my opinion. It isn't the way I do business.

Horses for courses I guess.

It was certainly cheaper overall than usual, and that is welcome.

But to say there's 'no P+P' wouldn't appear a particularly transparent thing to say when an item sells for 5 times more than usual, in my opinion. It isn't the way I do business.

Horses for courses I guess.

What has sold for 5 times more than usual? The egg cookers? That's funny. When it suits your argument you add the p&p to the price to give an 'actual total' to complain about! on this occasion not so? Weird that. From where I am standing the egg cookers are a good 3 quid cheaper in the 'no p&p event' how you get 5 times more is beyond me.

What has sold for 5 times more than usual? The egg cookers? That's funny. When it suits your argument you add the p&p to the price to give an 'actual total' to complain about! on this occasion not so? Weird that. From where I am standing the egg cookers are a good 3 quid cheaper in the 'no p&p event' how you get 5 times more is beyond me.

The item price was around 5 times more than usual, it usually sells for £1 (plus P+P) and sold for £4.99 (with no P+P).

Bingo I see your point of view and you are of course welcome to it, it's just a shame you cannot see mine and that is regrettable but I can live with it.

I think it's fair to say we are poles apart on such issues, you wouldn't do business with me and I definitely wouldn't do business with someone who holds views like yours but hey, we can still have fun on here!

I think i'm more like QVC in my business philosophy and you are probably more aligned to the way Sit-Up operate, and there's nothing wrong with that :happy:

BingoWings dear surely you can see the difference between talking about a slight annoyance on here and an ASA complaint? Think if this forum as an online work place water cooler. If I went to work and said about a bad referee call to a friend at the aforementioned drink dispenser, it doesn't mean I am going to call the FA and make a complaint.

In the case of not having the usual p&p I agree for the people returning items it is good but I can't agree there is a real difference between no p&p and free p&p.

PJ

Huh? Of course there is a difference. A huge difference. One suggests there is no postage charge added to the price or absorbed into the price. That the postage charge is being paid in its entirity by the retailer. The other suggests there is
no ADDITIONAL postage charge.

Huh? Of course there is a difference. A huge difference. One suggests there is no postage charge added to the price or absorbed into the price. That the postage charge is being paid in its entirity by the retailer. The other suggests there is
no ADDITIONAL postage charge.

Well you best call bid towers as they say either as if it meant the same thing ;)

The item price was around 5 times more than usual, it usually sells for £1 (plus P+P) and sold for £4.99 (with no P+P).

Bingo I see your point of view and you are of course welcome to it, it's just a shame you cannot see mine and that is regrettable but I can live with it.

I think it's fair to say we are poles apart on such issues, you wouldn't do business with me and I definitely wouldn't do business with someone who holds views like yours but hey, we can still have fun on here!

I think i'm more like QVC in my business philosophy and you are probably more aligned to the way Sit-Up operate, and there's nothing wrong with that :happy:

QVC LOL????? Oh no! No no no no no. We are lOoking for something quite different. Essentially A company with little or no commercial sense what so ever! A company that asks it's salesteam NOT to get exited about it's products and tell it's customers. All the reasons not to buy! A company with no interest in making money
that goes out of it's way NOT to turn a profit. A company that doesn't tolerate mistakes by it's staff and publicly humiliates those that dare make them. Happily points out the faults of it's staff members and compares them all to an Alan partridge tribute act.

I'm no sure what company that is but I'm sure as hell it's not QVC lol

QVC LOL????? Oh no! No no no no no. We are lOoking for something quite different. Essentially A company with little or no commercial sense what so ever! A company that asks it's salesteam NOT to get exited about it's products and tell it's customers. All the reasons not to buy! A company with no interest in making money
that goes out of it's way NOT to turn a profit. A company that doesn't tolerate mistakes by it's staff and publicly humiliates those that dare make them. Happily points out the faults of it's staff members and compares them all to an Alan partridge tribute act.

I'm no sure what company that is but I'm sure as hell it's not QVC lol

I'm no sure what on earth you are talking about :confused2:

But to say there's 'no P+P' wouldn't appear a particularly transparent thing to say when an item sells for 5 times more than usual, in my opinion.

So if you were bid and were doing 'no' P&P but the item price was higher (as it's going to be popular at more than 1p as even I would multibuy that) how would you say that there isn't a P&P charge?

What Wirral actually means is that he clearly understands what you said but has no comeback for your comment :happy:

Look Wirral you said that without moving your mouth!

I have known Wirral for awhile now and if he says he doesn't understand that is exactly what he means. He is never short of a comeback believe me. For the record I didn't understand what Bingo meant either and I was relieved to read he didn't either.

PJ

I have known Wirral for awhile now and if he says he doesn't understand that is exactly what he means. He is never short of a comeback believe me. For the record I didn't understand what Bingo meant either and I was relieved to read he didn't either.

PMSL .. You have known an anonymous character on an Internet forum for a while so you can vouch for their values lol. Priceless. Thank you for that.

PMSL .. You have known an anonymous character on an Internet forum for a while so you can vouch for their values lol. Priceless. Thank you for that.

Bingo, I know we have banter and that's great but there's no need for arguments, I hope not anyway.

But I honestly didn't understand what you meant in that post but I do understand we have different views about Sit-Up and given their appalling track record i'm very comfortable with that. I'd much rather be on this side of the bridge, so to speak.

But different opinions are what make for a good discussion so long may they flourish, so long as they remain civil.

Bingo, I know we have banter and that's great but there's no need for arguments, I hope not anyway.

But I honestly didn't understand what you meant in that post but I do understand we have different views about Sit-Up and given their appalling track record i'm very comfortable with that. I'd much rather be on this side of the bridge, so to speak.

But different opinions are what make for a good discussion so long may they flourish, so long as they remain civil.

Maybe you should emoy some of that respect and diplomacy into your own posts when refering to others and I'm should it will be reciprocated. But judging by the fact you managed to sneak in an underhanded dig in the previous one I'm doubtful that you can. In which case let's not give it if we can't take it eh?

Latest posts

Back