Would you buy a bed of QVC ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rubyrat

Registered Shopper
There is no way I would part with £1300 for a bed I had not had a bounce about on.Fair enough you can send it back but what a load of hassle if you don't get on with it::sleepy:

I personally wouldn't but I suppose it's just the same as ordering a bed from any other on line retailer and you do get the option to try it out for 30 days.

No the delivery charge is extortionate on Q. And who can be bothered packing it up again to return? In comparison my son's first bed was delivered (free) yesterday. It arrived 15 mins early. They took away his old cot bed and mattress and assembled the new one. All free. And the bed and the mattress and a protector was £150.

I should add it was a local trader based on one of the industrial estates. Fantastic service.

We bought our last beds from Ikea so that we could try all the mattress combinations first... I just wouldn't want the hassle of buying something without trying it first.

No from me too. I am loathe to buying any big article whether its a tv, reclining /offloading chair, bed or washing machine from Q, - p & p charges plus the hassle of returning is a big no no. The 30 dmg doesn't compensate for seeing an item in the 'flesh' either for me.

If I spending that kind of money id wanna be able to see it in the flesh and lay down on it first.

I have an inflatable bed - the Aerobed. It is self inflating and has a pump built in. you just have to top it up once in a while! It''s really comfortable and easy to adjust the firmness. Since having my shoulder injury this bed has been great. I also have one in my flat back home I only go there twice a year and it still remains inflated! :)

There is no way I would part with £1300 for a bed I had not had a bounce about on.Fair enough you can send it back but what a load of hassle if you don't get on with it::sleepy:

And what if you let them remove your old bed first? I have a Sealy bed but, like RubyRat, there is no way I would have purchased a bed for the amount of money I paid, without trying it out. You need to know whether it will suit your needs and, as I have arthritis in my back and shoulders, I need to be comfortable in bed. If you decide within 7 days it is not for you, you can return it under DSR and, therefore, receive your postage - although there is no p+p on Sealy beds - and the cost of the bed refunded, and they will also collect it, gratis, so there is no risk. Just don't let them take your old bed. But, wherever you bought your new bed, chances are you would have to pay to have it removed, unless you have a van. Too much of a hassle, though. btw, isn't the price of the Sealy headboard astronomical?

Last edited:
We bought a bed from SHOP! when we first moved house (years ago) mainly because we couldn't fit our original bed in the room here and needed a quick replacement. It was a Silent Night and although we thought we'd make do for a year or so it was actually a great bed for about 10 years before we replaced it. The key selling points were a special offer price with a couple of other discounts applied, fee postage for being in their "club" and fast delivery. Now if QVC could offer these too then I'd be happy to order but it's unlikely. I miss SHOP!

I'd happily stump up £50 for a year's free delivery along the lines of Amazon prime thingy...if QVC offered this they're probably still charge you £3.95 p&p for it!

I wouldn't personally, not after the almighty faff I've had sending Peony items back by courier, nevermind a ruddy great bed. Also, my current bed is absolutely crap and falling to bits within two years, and that's what I ended up with when I could try it out, god knows what'd happen if I couldn't.

Yes I have bought a Silentnight bed in the past from QVC but tried it out in a shop first.

I bought my last mattress from vi-spring and you have a lifetime guarantee but these are not cheap beds. they have handmade calico covered pocket springs and use all natural fillings. the best nights sleep ever. bought one of those zip on anti dust mite covers from john lewis from the first night.

So you had a faff with your phalanopsis, did you?
I wouldn't personally, not after the almighty faff I've had sending Peony items back by courier, nevermind a ruddy great bed. Also, my current bed is absolutely crap and falling to bits within two years, and that's what I ended up with when I could try it out, god knows what'd happen if I couldn't.

Heh, certainly did. Several times in a row there was some bother getting the courier out to collect them, then I had to chase up refunds on the same thing at least twice, and the refund took around a month. Usually when I return anything it takes a week at most. Not happy at all.

We bought a bed from SHOP! when we first moved house (years ago) mainly because we couldn't fit our original bed in the room here and needed a quick replacement. It was a Silent Night and although we thought we'd make do for a year or so it was actually a great bed for about 10 years before we replaced it. The key selling points were a special offer price with a couple of other discounts applied, fee postage for being in their "club" and fast delivery. Now if QVC could offer these too then I'd be happy to order but it's unlikely. I miss SHOP!

I'd happily stump up £50 for a year's free delivery along the lines of Amazon prime thingy...if QVC offered this they're probably still charge you £3.95 p&p for it!

I used to work for SHOP tv and Littlewoods - we used to get 25% off electrical items and 33% off everything else. Needless to say we bought couches, beds, dysons etc . The mattresses we bought separately from a bed shop where you could try them out. I would only buy these sorts of things from QVC if it was massively discounted and on easy pays

Latest posts

Back