Omg jill franks shut up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Tune in now! She's doing an Alan Bennet style monologue about a golde llamé bag! She just doesn't shut up! For GOD'S SAKE it's a bag, it's gold, it's £78, you can put things in it. End of! It's amazing she even pauses to draw her wheezy breath! It's like a talkathon and someone's pointing a gun at her head!

I feel breathless just listening to her. At least Charlie ...can.....pause....between....the words. Franks is talking a load of old b****cks like her life depends on it! Verbal diarrhea.....wheeeeze rubbbish wheeze irrelevance wheeeze myself me me me wheeeeze! She's a wheezing weasel"

What would you have her do though?

The bag can't speak for itself so she has to fill in with something.

Just have some shots of the bag in a lightbox, some dimensions scroll across the screen etc. I admit that it does take some skill to speak at length like that but when you listen to the words / content you can see she is padding it out more than a Northern Nights baffle box duvet! None of the other presenters who also find themselves padding out their demonstrations annoy me as much as Franks. It's like she's on amphetamines or something! If she slowed down and paid more attention to what she says, she would be OK. It may also give her time to breathe in a slighly less gaspy, ridiculous way!

Last edited:
Don't forget for their audition they have to speak for like 10-15 minutes about a Bic pen.

No doubt the director shouting in her ear, "Keep going we haven't sold any yet!"

Debbie Flint demanding you buy at least three of them.

No Charlie takes 3 hours to get one sentence out. Where is old smarmy this days?

I find Chuntley 100 times more irritating but that's just me. I know I'm in the minority. Not a fan of Franks but she's not the worst imo.

They are all annoying sooner or later lets be honest. Not always the presenters fault - anyone who is on that frequently and has to keep talking non stop about any given item is bound to irritate eventually. I know If I was presenting on Q I would definitely start to annoy myself!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back