Laurelle Sexy Shoo £7.98 delivered

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bidtvbs

Registered Shopper
Last edited:
On Saturday Lisa Brash was flogging some 'Prada Ambree' 50ml EDP.
She was amazed when it went under £40.00 & she was practically (for the 1st time) speechless when it went under £30.00.
She then went on & on & on about the quality of Prada, how she only used to buy Prada shoes for her daughter for school.
In fact, she rabbited on for about 15 minutes without once telling the customer what the perfume actually smelled like!

I'm not sure where it finished, but if it was £25.00, it costs about £35.00 with delivery etc.

Amazon sell it for £22.50 inc delivery.
No contest really is there?

Indeed, their branded fragrances are rarely that cheap but in fairness to them I doubt they make huge profits on the well known products, not by the standards of the big department stores anyway.

However, the mark up on the accrid air fresheners like Laurelle, Prestige and JPD must be absolutely astronomical when you take everything into account.

I've said it a couple of times but

a) when they have a big name brand, their true opinion/prejudices on brands come out

b) they manage to forget that for the other 95% of the time they are actually promoting the brands they are now telling me are ****... just to sell some prada.

a) when they have a big name brand, their true opinion/prejudices on brands come out

b) they manage to forget that for the other 95% of the time they are actually promoting the brands they are now telling me are ****... just to sell some prada.

Ha Ha :grin: Mind you, they have of late had quite a lot of branded goods. Obviously they are far, far outnumbered by trash and tatt but they seem to be making a late effort.

Don't you just LOVE that?! "This ..................Fill in name of cheapo market stall stink smells just like that well known brand...I mean I can't tell you what it is, but it rhymes with Pucci ....only you'll know the difference, I mean why waste your money on expensive brands and I don't even think the bottles look as nice as these, when you can pay pennies and get pretty much the same thing."

Guess what folks? Peter's really excited...he's only managed to get his hands on some geniune Gucci perfume for you, and he'll be here at 2 o'clock - you'd be mad not to tune in!

Yep, it's two o'clock, and here's what you've all been waiting for...we've had a hundred buyers on the line already, and I've told you the lines are locked...Gucci, yep, you heard Gucci, not Pucci...why waste your money on cheap imitations when you can have the real thing from us at such a low price.....AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

They nearly have an orgasm when they get the big names in like Morphy Richards and Tefal.....but the worst is when they sell things with big brand names, but the brand has long dead but the name has been bought by some crappy company who sell shoddy goods....think AGFA and Vivitar!

I couldn't agree more with both wirral and merryone.

I find it to be a rather damning insult of your customers as you are essentially calling them a bunch of marks for believing the crap you tell them.... but not this time as *insert legit brand* is a real top quality product and will actually do what we say it does.

I note that Dirty Peter has now, very wisely, moved away from saying 'it's not a' then mentioning an expensive brand by name to saying something like 'a very famous designer is doing something similar, you know who I mean'.

He said it when selling a Prestige Pong last night.

Latest posts

Back