Museum of London jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Has anybody looked at this? Browsing the website, its silver with gold vermeil and some of it has created gemstones and I think it is really expensive for what it is. Some of the pieces have real amethyst but still not worth the money. Quite nice pieces though.

My days of buying jewellery from Q are long in the past. I gripe at paying the same price for stainless steel, and ''bonded' sterling silver items, as I used to for 9ct gold. I remember too well the time (years in single figures ago) when under a £100 would buy a 9ct gold ring with a huge carat citrine /smoky quartz /topaz setting.

Just looked at the Museum of London's offerings, and 'created' gemstones in silver priced at well over a hundred pounds ???? I take it that 'created' gemstones are coloured glass - a term which wouldn't sell as well ?

Last edited:
I liked the designs but have only just got home and a lot of the things I fancied have sold out. Mind you still waiting to return to work after summer, great being off but no pay is the downside, so can't really buy. Hope this range returns when I am back in funds.

I was looking forward to seeing ths range, mainly because of the history behind it. Then I started thinking realistically; yes, I can appreciate the story, but his is just a range created to make money out of that. I would prefer a piece of antique jewellery. Plus, I really feel they have done the legacy of the Cheapside Hoard, Elizabethan jewellery, a disservice by using created stones, and sterling silver covered in gold plate.

I did get interested in the Museum pieces, but only through the promo video, where the designs really were something different, but they didn't translate to what was being offered for sale.

Remember the Salvadore Dali jewellery range - now that was really weird. QVC has some fab and unusual stuff sometimes. You would never usually see that sort of range except in galleries

The reproduction of the pieces was badly done, in my opinion. The dimensions were wrong, the metals were wrong and the colours were wrong. I've never bought them but at least the 'Jacqueline Kennedy' collections are accurate simulations using synthetic stones and the prices are much easier to justify.

Latest posts

Back