Breast Cancer Care Event 16/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Over the many years I have only managed to buy 2 sliver stuarti toe rings lol....I can never get through !

The last few events have been a lot calmer as the prices haven't been reduced as much in previous years. Still a fantastic event and I hope they raisemore than ever this year.

They need to have different things to bid on instead of the usual lunch with Lulu,I'd pay not too.
Lynn

It is a good cause, but they should involve the men more they get breast cancer too.

They need to have different things to bid on instead of the usual lunch with Lulu,I'd pay not too.
Lynn

How about a day out with Alison Young ?lol

Great cause but last few years haven't been as good IMO , I hope considering what happened to the Lovely Amica, Qvc make this years event bigger and better in her honour.

I used to love the frenzy of the old BCC night with the live reports from the event.

These last few years have been decidedly lacklustre, few of the brands donate any more (particularly QVC own-brands?), we're told that there will be a certain thing on the night such as a OPI and it never even gets aired, do people just ring and ask for it randomly even though they say they don't make items available until they're aired? They're certainly not all available online at the start of the evening. Last year was the worst, I made a point of rushing home from work to see it & didn't buy a thing.

I'm sure because of Amica & Beulah this year's will have added poingnancy.

Whilst I support the concept I don't agree with the bidding for the items
How could the normal Q customer afford to pay thousands for a day with Dawn Bibby etc - I'm convinced these are bids from corporate people
I think they would get as much and be much more involving if each donation of say £25 was entered into a draw for them

In the early days I got 2 items,both rubbish but needless to day I did not return them so a straight donation would have had more benefit to the charity.

Again whilst I support Children in Need I hate their "auction for things money can't buy" because that is EXACTELY what it is, only loaded corporate donors have any chance
All in all I will stick to donation as 100% will go rather than an unknown amount

Amica

How about a day out with Alison Young ?lol

Great cause but last few years haven't been as good IMO , I hope considering what happened to the Lovely Amica, Qvc make this years event bigger and better in her honour.

What happened to Amica?

Butler and Wilson BCC Brooch With Heart Pin £56.88
pin-qvc.jpg

The last few events have been a lot calmer as the prices haven't been reduced as much in previous years. Still a fantastic event and I hope they raisemore than ever this year.

I agree on prices. The forum used to be manic before the event and everything was sold out. I am hoping this year they will pay some kind of tribute to Amica and Beulah

who we sadly lost earlier in the year. Be disappointed if they don't get a mention.

Latest posts

Back