What were YOU doing 20 years ago?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I'm sick hearing the 2 Lus and Ms Snodown telling about their wonderful lives 20 years ago.
What was real people doing?

20 years ago I was at junior school in Hove. I used to love watching MTV, riding my bike and listening to the radio. It's funny because in many ways I haven't changed that much. I suppose I have matured somewhat in adulthood but I am much the same person and still like the same things. I used to LOVE this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dluHzQhLcME

Such a great song and a great singer. I liked him very much. I also liked Sade.

Last edited:
Julia was in an ACTUAL size small and not lying through her dentures :smirk:

Twenty years ago ........

I made phone calls from a landline only
I sent mail via a postbox only
My eyes were corrected by spectacles, not laser
My computer had a blue screen with white text
I took photographs with a camera only
My 'meal' in a pub was a packet of nuts, porch scratchings or crisps
I only had Baileys at Christmas
I only had a video player
Everyone wore Youth Dew, Poison and Anais Anais ! (except me)
Smoking was still allowed at work.

and I was only 44, a lot slimmer and certainly without the curly perm that JR appeared to have sported at that time !!!!

20 years ago I was just divorced and planning (in less than 6 weeks from proposal to walking down the aisle) my wedding to the current Mr Akimbo in November 1993. My favourite memory was telling people at work I was remarrying and better yet who I was marrying as we'd managed to keep us a secret until my decree absolute came through. The look on *Fat Carol's face was a picture and all her horrible bitching couldn't touch me in that moment. Small-minded but wonderful!

*Sorry for this nick-name being sizist but the other epithets used in the office I wouldn't use in polite company; she was a nasty piece of work!

and I was only 44, a lot slimmer and certainly without the curly perm that JR appeared to have sported at that time !!!!

Yes had that crime of a hairdo myself but surely it was at least a decade earlier?

I remember Poison perfume by Christian Dior. It came in a purple bottle and was a very distinctive, heavy frangrance. My mother had a friend called Monica Mary Mander (she was a bit weird and had all her clothes monogrammed "MMM") and this woman absolutely reeked of Poison. She used to have a dog called Comfort. She would call out to her: Come, come, come, come comfy! Even as a child I was quite sarcastic and I said to her: "did you name your dog after a bottle of fabric conditioner?" She wasn't terribly impressed!

20 years ago just now I was still at school and my health issues had just started.....little did I know they would still be going on now!

I wasn't making any real money as a model but as luck would have it I ran into George Clooney at some party ................ oh hold on that was Lisa Snowdon

I was just re-couperating from my third facelift ........................ no wait that was Lulu

20 years ago I was actually a moody teenager annoying my poor mother x

Last edited:
20 years ago i would have been sending my youngest son off to his first day at school. He couldn't wait to go and join his brothers, i cried all the way home!

1993 was a very eventful year for me, I'm still waiting for my next one !

My office building was bombed by the IRA in April, I sold my house in May, had an offer accepted on my next house in July, spent Nov in Oz and moved into new house in Dec.

I was in primary school. In September I believe I had both chicken pox and the first of many bouts of tonsillitis, that's all that comes to mind.

Latest posts

Back