QVC Outlet - Now on eBay

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Strange... Been going since April, has 100% positive feedback and says items are located in Manchester (as opposed to Liverpool?). Not much for sale though although I recognise the 'All For Eve' stuff they used to sell so must be well past the 'sell by' date.

When I saw the shop a while ago I thought the stuff seemed over-priced compared with the Warrington Outlet re-sellers. They need to lower their prices if they're serious about shifting stock.

Jez where did they dig a KVZ bag from?

Its years since she was on and quite some time since the last one was in clearance.

Couldn't see P&P rates - are they on a par with Q?

Jez where did they dig a KVZ bag from?

Its years since she was on and quite some time since the last one was in clearance.

Couldn't see P&P rates - are they on a par with Q?

P&P is actually free(!) and delivery is within 3 working days.

Returns policy is only 14 days though rather than 30.

When I saw the shop a while ago I thought the stuff seemed over-priced compared with the Warrington Outlet re-sellers. They need to lower their prices if they're serious about shifting stock.

Totally agree, they must be mad, not only are the outlet shops much cheaper, but other people are selling QVC stuff all the time for a LOT less. The person running the ebay shop needs a reality check....

That's what most major retailers do they all get tons of stuff returned every week and it all goes straight back on the rack.

Not quite as simple as that though.... Most major retailers have an assistant who will check the item in front of you before processing the return.

In my experience I've had the following OBVIOUSLY used stuff from Q:

- a dress that smelt very badly of smoke - no tags
- a dress that smelt of BO and perfume - without the usual tags
- a pair of jeans that had been washed and still smelt of soap powder
- a Kipling bag with a chocolate stain
- a PK shampoo - no stopper, some missing and stains in the box

I could go on....

Q offers the chance to use purchases for 30 days so their quality control needs to be good enough to fish out the 'used' items to prevent them from being returned to stock.

Rant over :angry:

Last edited:
Wow, I just saw an item with a huge 2% saving! I can't see them going far with discounts like that! I buy a lot of things from ebay and part of what makes it worthwhile is the speed of delivery for most sellers. Unless I've bought something big or awkward, most products arrive next day and usually for free. If QVC make their ebay customers wait as long as their TV customers I can see people getting fed up quickly. I also wonder if they'll be honest about whether or not they are selling returns and mark items as 'used'.

I know ebay is big but it smacks a bit of desperation that Q have had to resort to opening a shop there. Surely they should just reduce their on screen prices and people will buy that way! Or is that too much common sense for them to handle? Their prices are outrageous! I can't think of a single item now that you can't find elsewhere cheaper, especially beauty products.

I agree... I don't see the logic myself.

I mean, they've got the outlet shops, they've got the clearance bit on the website... what more do they need?

They could just use the clearance bit and have a 'final clearance' section.... or am I missing something?

That's an excellent point Moth, ebayers are very astute when it comes to spotting second hand items from BNIB and BNWT, a wicked part of me hopes they're stung with a few negative feedbacks, but I doubt they really care.

Lots of big BIG retailers have ebay outlets these days but generally they offer less trivial discounts.

Latest posts

Back