do you used signed for delivery on returns?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CLBA

Registered Shopper
just wondering really?

po v expensive but am returning a ring about £50 and don't want it ti go astray x

I never used to but so much has gone missing lately I tell myself that it is only £1 more to ensure it for £50. Standard post only covers you up to £20 now. I had an experience a while ago returning a pericone tsv, you can imagine the value so something told me to send it special delivery, very expensive I know but I needed to cover the value. Well it was signed for but qvc didn't refund me so I phoned them and when I gave them the receipt number I got the refund. They can so easily say they never received it back but with a signature you can prove them wrong. Anything under £20 it is covered under Royal Mail

The Royal Mail signed for basic service only gets tracked once the signature is collected. If it goes missing you can show QVC the proof of posting but you can't make a claim from RM if it's jewellery, that has to go special delivery for it to be insured.
QVC has always refunded me for missing parcels on the strength of the proof of postage - but I haven't had a jewellery item go missing. If you received it less than 7 days ago you could cancel under the DSR and get your initial p&P refunded, that would make the pain of returning it a bit less. If the item is faulty QVC will refund all your costs and send you out a returns label.

Oops crossed posts with sharon-s

No but I would for a £50 ring I returned a £20 clearance diamonique ring and it went missing and I can`t find my P.O. receipt :(

It's worth paying the bit extra for peace of mind. I've had a couple of returns go missing in the past, Q refunded me no problem when I told them my tracking number.

i always used to send stuff back recorded delivery - used to cost me a fortune.I now dont,I send everything back as it gets sent to me - second class standard.I dont know what would happen if something went missing - but I would argue that i do have proof of posting ie a PO receipt with the date and qvc destination on it.

that said i dont buy anything of value - but whatever i return..i still want my money back!!

Latest posts

Back