How much is too much?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Beady Belle

Guest Shopper
Lots of newbies on the site this week, and it's certainly good news for Rocks.

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but one ring in particular, the invisible set diamond ring, with the square surround of diamonds has been auctioned at least three times this week.

First time, it went for £90, on Wednesday it went in the 5 o'clock hour (I think) for £52, and yesterday, 2 newbies were battling it out and it went for £174!!!!!

Lots of items I've bought (and many of you others too) have gone for double, and sometimes more than double the amount I paid.

Just glad I got in early enough to grab mine when they were so cheap.

Maybe Rocks will start making some money now if the prices continue to rise, great news for them, not quite so good for us. I know, their prices are still great value, just that we've got used to the giveaway prices!!!!

:doggie:

it was always going to happen at some point - hopefully before Steve and crew went bankrupt lol.

The halcyon days are probably over, but I'm sure some will get lucky still until the site has several hundred more viewers. Obviously there's peak viewing hours too so prices will increase I think the later in the evening.

wish I could have taken better advantage of stuff before now!

I was thinking the same M4G! I saw a peridot ring go for over £70 again two newbies battling it out!

I have had some great bargains an have had delivery every week!!!! - I have seen items sell for three times more as well - Maybe this will stop me spending!

Good job you didn't win it yesterday Darls, you'd have been pig sick paying over three times as much as it went for on Wednesday.:36:

Good job you didn't win it yesterday Darls, you'd have been pig sick paying over three times as much as it went for on Wednesday.:36:

I wouldnt have paid that lol

The other night when it went for £52, I had pre bid £50 and then I couldn't get onto the site at auction time, I tried lol and was sick as a pig when you said it went for £52 lol

I did get into a bidding war once over some earrings though, I requested some half carat diamond studs and when they put them on someone else was bidding as well and I had already been looking at them on the website so knew they were £229 to buy, anyway this other person kept bidding and when they went to £235 there was no way I was going to bid again so just bought them off the website for £229, they were well worth it though as I love them :1:

It was I who got the ring for £90, which I thought was a good price... so not too pleased to see it go for £52 the following night!

I gather, however, that that the £52 was caused by Barry waving his barcode reader about or something(!), and he did not mean to close the auction at that price, so it was a fluke really.

The £174 price tag the next night made me feel better! Maybe it was the last one in stock or something? (I wasn't actually watching, so I don't know.)

I didn't think that could happen,i presumed rockstv wouldn't let an auction go over the price the items are on coloured rocks. If i brought something from rockstv, then saw its buy it now price on coloured rocks was lower, personally i would feel conned.

Good question

I didn't think that could happen,i presumed rockstv wouldn't let an auction go over the price the items are on coloured rocks. If i brought something from rockstv, then saw its buy it now price on coloured rocks was lower, personally i would feel conned.

Hi Glinda! :1:...I quite agree with you! (silly, silly, prices!!!):33:

I just also want to say a big thank you to you for putting my mind at ease last night, over the other site and subject of gremlins in my 1st order.

I did post a reply last night to you Glinda, but today the thread had gone.!?:11:

A big thanks again anyway for your comforting words, your a star!.:59:

Luv, Mirabelle xxx:40:

Well I paid £160 for that diamond ring a few weeks ago, so the prices fluctuate a lot! It is still fab though, came back from resizing a couple of days ago and it's mesmerising to wear.
I have also paid more for my mystic quartz bangle than it costs on Coloured Rocks (obviously I didn't know that at the time!!!).
I am rubbish at the auctions!

Why would you think that? Rocks.tv make no secret about the existence of Coloured Rocks so caveat emptor. No one makes any one make daft bids so look before you leap, I say. It's a daft as paying £80 on Bid.tv for summat they sell on line at £20.

I was the one that requested the ring last night and had seen it go the previous night for £52 no way I would of ever paid that price for that ring couldn't believe how much it sold for last night was amazed!!! £52 was a bargain price but what it went for last night so expensive think it was over £170 wasn't it?

Hi Mirabelle hope you got your order sorted out from the 'other channel' it was me who replied to you last night looked for the comments bit it all had disappeared don't know why???? anyway hope everything is ok:1:

Yes all ok PandaBear read my new thread

I was the one that requested the ring last night and had seen it go the previous night for £52 no way I would of ever paid that price for that ring couldn't believe how much it sold for last night was amazed!!! £52 was a bargain price but what it went for last night so expensive think it was over £170 wasn't it?

Hi Mirabelle hope you got your order sorted out from the 'other channel' it was me who replied to you last night looked for the comments bit it all had disappeared don't know why???? anyway hope everything is ok:1:

:1:Hi PandaBear.... So sorry over mixing you up with glinda lol what am I like....and yes I noticed it had gone to, very strange as i had not said anything untoward!!??

Please see my new thread titled A big Thanks Ara your my rock!!:1:.
my first order blunder is being sorted to my satisfaction.:1:

Luv
Mirabelle xxx :40:

Last edited:
Darls I saw your earrings go for £280 one evening! One word...why????

madness lol or they hadn't been aware they were available on the website :D

It was I who got the ring for £90, which I thought was a good price... so not too pleased to see it go for £52 the following night!

I gather, however, that that the £52 was caused by Barry waving his barcode reader about or something(!), and he did not mean to close the auction at that price, so it was a fluke really.

The £174 price tag the next night made me feel better! Maybe it was the last one in stock or something? (I wasn't actually watching, so I don't know.)

That ring is beautiful, if I wasn't being careful with dosh at the minute I would happily pay £90, and I would have upped my bid the other night had the site not had gremlins that [prevented me getting in to do it. Wear it in good health, its gorgeous.

its a business, if they can get more because 2 people want it so much they aren't gonna turn it down lol Those earrings I bought on the website I bought for £229, I KNEW they were worth way more than that, I spend my life with my nosed pressed against jewellers windows lol but someone else bought them from the website too and had them valued at £795 so I don't think any of us have lost out and think the website prices are very VERY good too, if anyones daft enough to bid over the website price then thats their problem for not being informed enough, but either way, a bargain is always to be had.

My budget doesn't run to gold or diamonds (not a diamond person anyway tbh) so everything I've had so far has been silver and "semi-precious" stones...But although many items are slowly going up, still some items are going for less than I paid a few weeks ago...A fiver or tenner on a low-priced item isn't a lot, but it still makes a difference...

I agree M4G, some of the prices are going up because of the newbies,which is good for Rocks, they have worked hard for this, but for us dare i say oldies we were used to some nice bargains, although even at the higher price they are still bargains, I am very pleased with all my items(over 60) and the prices I paid and I am still looking forward seeing the new stock from, I think they said the other night tuesday.

Hello piggy, from one newbie to another!:1:

I'm finding that some things are going for much less than in the early days, some things holding their own, and some things occasionally going for much more! When the new items come in, depending on quantity, I think I shall sit on my hands for a bit and see where the prices settle. Having said that, even if a price is much higher one night than another, I think that we still pay less than we would on the high street,(and Steve's got to make some money otherwise we'll have no more Rocks!)

Latest posts

Back