If you though Jill Franks is bad.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Check out Ellis Ward on The Jewellery Channel. What a silly cow! At every opportunity she is jumping about and whoop-whooping in feigned excitement! She just looks like a demented frog! Nobody can possibly be that enthusiastic! At least Wards doesn't have Jill Franks's nastiness and narcicism, and all her fake excitement is at least directed towards the product. She is pretty terrible though! And they do this stupid price plunge things where the starting price is inflated to ten times its real value. HATE IT! Should be made illegal. Sack Ellis Ward and Franks!

Ellis used to be on Ideal World and years ago had a Beanie Babies show. She used to sit in a big chair and read out all of the little poems on the tags. My little daughter was entranced, she wrote in and got a signed photo of Ellis. DD is 22 now, all the Beanie Babies are in our attic and Ellis looks pretty much the same - she has aged really well :)

Ellis can be quite good. She can be informative and fairly objective (for a salesperson).

But then there are the times when the "sincerity" kicks into overdrive and she becomes unwatchable.

I think she'd make a great childrens' TV presenter, but I find her overenthusiasm quite cringey! She looks like a demented frog! "Oooooooh here's a ring with a bit of cubic zirconia stuck in it and a bit of gold paint on it, wooooooohoooooooo I LOVE this one yeaaaahhhhhoh MY goodness I don't have many of these. No sireeeee! Price is £203.99, but let's take it down a bit (price goes to £49.999 (another 3 minutes of spouting bollox) "oooh let's take the price down to where you THINK I'm going to take it to, £24.99, but oh no, I'm not stopping there this is our Deal of the Day ladies and gentleman, whoooooop woooooooop!" Going down in 3, 2 1." In comes dramatic music to create a sense of urgency!................

What a total load of garbage this woman is going on about! I knew the moment I saw a ring at £203.99 that it was going on for £19.99 as they do tend to hyperinflate the starting price so that they can take it back down again and hopefully con a few lesser intelligent mortals that they are getting amazing value. I can't STAND it! F****ng HATE it! I would be so angry if I bought something and a different amount was taken off my card. Why BOTHER with the hyperinflated price and all the puerile drama with the presenters carrying on like they are in control of the price and they are doing us a favour. NOBODY BELIEVES YOU! You have a producer called Mark who decides the price along with your buying team! You'rejust a load of ******* muppets! Just put the ****** thing on screen for the final price to begin with because I doubt anyone is sucked in by all your stupid sales **** anyway! TJC have already been warned by the ASA that their "starting price" has to reflect the market value and yet they are still flouting this and inflating the price to around 10 times greater than its actual real value. I have complained to the ASA and Ofcom and am determined to get TJC either fined or taken off the air. I do actually like some of the presenters (Derek Marks is funny and Cris St Valery is good) but I really hate their dodgy sales tactics.

Latest posts

Back