The One Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
The One Show have emailed me through the ASA in regards to my complaints and want to know more information for a part in their show! lol I presume everybody who submitted a complaint will get a similar email

Although I did submit one complaint it was resolved informally and I haven't received any email.

"We are currently making a film about some of the misleading claims made by the TV shopping channels Bid TV and Price Drop TV run by the company Sit-Up TV.

We understand you made a complaint to the ASA either about the claims made on one of these channels or a product you have bought from them.

We are very keen to have a chat with you, both for research purposes and with a view to filming an interview for our film."

You would think under Data Protection Act you would think the ASA would have to ask you if you minded your details being passed on. They best ask me when they get around to the people who have only made the odd complaint.

You would think under Data Protection Act you would think the ASA would have to ask you if you minded your details being passed on. They best ask me when they get around to the people who have only made the odd complaint.

Well I for one am astonished. I doubt though the ASA thought anyone that the one show contacted would share the details of how the show found them. The ASA (if benny is correct) have really dropped the ball here. They have shown a complete lack of respect for the confidentiality with which people believed they made their complaints. Strike up the bells PJ ... I think we agree on something lol

Well I for one am astonished. I doubt though the ASA thought anyone that the one show contacted would share the details of how the show found them. The ASA (if benny is correct) have really dropped the ball here. They have shown a complete lack of respect for the confidentiality with which people believed they made their complaints. Strike up the bells PJ ... I think we agree on something lol

Above the email from The One Show

"To xxx

A producer from BBC’s The One Show, who is looking to speak to those who have complained about Sit Up advertising, has asked that we pass on the following message.

Please be assured we have not shared your details.

Best wishes, Natasha"

Presumably, even if they haven't passed on people's details, they'll have to provide balaclavas and distorted voices to disguise complainants if they're interviewed for The One Show :eek: ........... to protect people's anonymity. :wink:

Ding dong ... :p

Above the email from The One Show

"To xxx

A producer from BBC’s The One Show, who is looking to speak to those who have complained about Sit Up advertising, has asked that we pass on the following message.

Please be assured we have not shared your details.

Best wishes, Natasha"

But it is not the One Show passing on the details it is the ASA so it doesn't make a blind bit of difference that the One Show don't pass it on ...

The email came from the ASA. The message I posted on here was from the ASA (Posted 6:13) and the message from The One Show was written below it (Posted 10:17). Obviously The One Show asked for peoples details from the ASA and the email showed that The One Show were interested, and I needed to contact the producer though a different email address.

The email came from the ASA. The message I posted on here was from the ASA (Posted 6:13) and the message from The One Show was written below it (Posted 10:17). Obviously The One Show asked for peoples details from the ASA and the email showed that The One Show were interested, and I needed to contact the producer though a different email address.

So the ASA asked you if they could pass on your details to the One Show?

It's very simple...

The One Show gave the ASA an email to send out to complainers, the email contained an email address to contact the producer on. If I didn't want this I just wouldn't have replied. Until I responded to the email address provided they would not have known who the message was sent to.

That's it now. I won't be making any more comments on the matter until the airing of the programme.

It's very simple...

The One Show gave the ASA an email to send out to complainers, the email contained an email address to contact the producer on. If I didn't want this I just wouldn't have replied. Until I responded to the email address provided they would not have known who the message was sent to.

That's it now. I won't be making any more comments on the matter until the airing of the programme.

You seem to think I have been attacking you or doubting you. I was doing neither. If you had explained what you did in this post in the first place there would have been clearer. Simple.

Nobody was attacking anyone, it was just miscommunication.

Is easy enough to do in a forum where you're restricted to using the written word.

But I can understand Benny's frustration. Let's just see what The One Show does if people choose to contact them.

Thanks for letting us know what's happening Benny.

Last edited:
Don't worry Benny, I understood you fine - thought you were being perfectly clear!

It almost seems a shame that now Bid are actually pretty much behaving themselves they're getting this attention. But I guess years of bullshit, being deceptive and downright lying to viewers is coming back to haunt them. Karma and all that.

Latest posts

Back