Josie Maran

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Has any one tried the Argan oil it seems expensive compared to other Argan oils.
Lynn :bear:

I use Argan oil all the time on my hair . A few drops into my shampoo and conditioner, leaves my hair soft and shiny. However I buy mine from Aldi :wave:.. I think this range is more designed for your skin thou, seems very expensive.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-r...ce-cuts-product-detail-page/ps/p/miracle-oil/

Lots of pure 100% argan oils on ebay for a third of the price of this range :wait::clapping:

Last edited:
Thanks Autumn I never thought to look on ebay,that's a useful tip to add it to a shampoo and conditioner.
Lynn

Hi
I ordered the Josie Maran argan oil with rosey colour stick, I sent it back as I am allergic to citral in the colour stick and the Josie argan oil wasn't anything amazing to me.
I have tried lots of different argan oils and the quality definitely does vary, the Josie one was a nice one but it had no smell and I couldn't see if there was anything on the website to say it was deodorised which I'm sure takes away some of the natural properties.
As donna says billy in the tree is a good brand but there are loads out there and I think like most things we like different ones. My favourite which is quite a dear one is the one made by Douvall's of Alicia Douvall glamour model fame no less!

Hi

As donna says billy in the tree is a good brand but there are loads out there and I think like most things we like different ones. My favourite which is quite a dear one is the one made by Douvall's of Alicia Douvall glamour model fame no less!
Ouch... I took a peek at Douvall's Argan Oil and, although I like the 10% donation to The Haven, I'm afraid it's toooo costly for me but thanks for the info, x

i use the oreal extrordinary oil...for just as good as argan and cheaper....thankyou for the tips Autumn...my hair hates humidity and these oils are a life saver

Ouch... I took a peek at Douvall's Argan Oil and, although I like the 10% donation to The Haven, I'm afraid it's toooo costly for me but thanks for the info, x

Hi , I know its a pricey one but I've found for me none other compares so I must admit I use sparingly and my other half just bought me one of those haven bottles in the 50ml size so I'm set for a few months :) I've also noticed some of the newer bands coming to the market are charging similar prices such as ora naturals which has beautiful packaging. I always email if I am considering buying to find out more about their credentials.

Another fabulous brand on amazon is 'eden organic care' and the are prices are much more competitive, they are soil association certified too and do avocado oil, jojoba and rosehip as well - very fast shipping as well :)

QVC do Melvita Argan Oil as a duo with Floral Waters around £25.75 I think, or thereabouts, plus of course P&P...they don't do it on it's own.

It's brilliant, I bought it because of those awful tropical moments and spots and dry patches on my face and it's worked wonders for me, put some on the first night and when I woke the following morning the spots had reduced and almost disappeared.

You can buy it from Feelunique on its own for £19 delivered.

The first one I ever used was Mir from coolessentials. It was triple refined so no smell.

The thing to watch out for is there are different versions of argan oil.

The one for hair will have other ingredients added, which I would not put on my face. So hair only it will have perfume added.

There is one which you can cook with.

Then the extra refined version which you can use on face, body and your hair.

I'm interested in the Argan Oil too, so thanks everyone for the details here. So far, this is the best price I've been able to find, for 100mls from Billy in the Tree:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004LYL4F6/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

£9.95 + £3.95 p&p

All organic, cold pressed etc. Hope that helps.

Makes me wonder how QVC can keep bleating on about having the best prices because of their bulk buying power. That's a joke! I'll bet a purchase from Amazon will arrive before QVC even despatch!

I'm interested in the Argan Oil too, so thanks everyone for the details here. So far, this is the best price I've been able to find, for 100mls from Billy in the Tree:

£9.95 + £3.95 p&p

Makes me wonder how QVC can keep bleating on about having the best prices because of their bulk buying power. That's a joke! I'll bet a purchase from Amazon will arrive before QVC even despatch!

Yes that's the one I ordered from Amazon.
Lynn

£9.95 + £3.95 p&p

I wonder why it's not stated on the bottle that the oil is cold pressed, it's a very important selling point

Well I will judge for myself as I am only going to use it on my hair,but thanks for sharing the reviews.
Lynn

I wonder why it's not stated on the bottle that the oil is cold pressed, it's a very important selling point

totally agree cold pressed and first cold pressed even better :)

I would imagine though as lots of the amazon reviews for various argan oils say most brands aren't 100% argan oil that peeps review base these on their experience of other oils and may not technically know what's in a product.

Billy in the tree is well established and been around for a few years so I'm unsure why someone would think it wasn't the real thing , I see the billy in the tree one is machine rather than hand pressed maybe that's why it doesn't have a strong smell -it could also be that reviewers have brought stinky goaty argan oils and then think this one is dodgy whereas the others are. Horses for courses. The one I buy smells a bit like fresh olives/slightly nutty, not too strong a smell and definitely no goat poop smell.

Hope you like the one you've brought lynnonthelake

Last edited:
Don't fancy goaty poop oil, even if it were from the fountain of yoof!
I received my argan oil yesterday, that I bought elsewhere I can trust and have bought from there before. Opened it this afternoon, and sorry to say, it does smell of goats (or stinky cheese, or dirty socks), or may be it is its own smell (for example, like borage oil may smell of mold ). And as I have never used a "pure" argan oil before, except LE Superskin Oil I don't know what it should be like. Mine is also organic and cold pressed as the Josie Maran. I went to Josie Maran own site, there's no mention in reviews on smell. Probably mine is not deodorized. I thought that argan oil has a wonderful smell of LE Superskin Oil :))) Also, mine is not as golden yellow as LE, I remember they brought a large jar on the show for demos.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back