Red Carpet French Manicure

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Has anyone mastered the French gel manicure?
I don't have the FM kit but bought the Hot white colour to do the tips. I tried using tip guides but am finding it easier to hand paint the white.
As I have no instructions I am doing it in this order
Base coat, one coat of 'My favourite Designer', 1 or 2 coats of Hot White (seems to me 1 coat is enough) then the final top coat
Just looks a bit mangy. Perhaps 2 coats of My favourite Designer (pale pink) would have been better though I tried that last time a d still wasn't impressed. I have been painting over it with normal polish after about a week to prolong the manicure - that does work quite well.
Any tips as to technique and colours appreciated

Sorry i entered before i had finished!! A lady has posted this on FB about the ingredients in the Red Carpet Manicure products - worth a read ladies xx

Sorry i entered before i had finished!! A lady has posted this on FB about the ingredients in the Red Carpet Manicure products - worth a read ladies xx
I'm sure I must have used other hazardous products before but I have avoided a lot in the past as I've not been interested in the products.
I'm prepared to take the risk for the time being as long as I can get my French manicure to look good.

It is very interesting, not least because I also checked out the ratings for OPI and several other products and, although the ingredients differed, the ratings seemed about the same. I suppose you simply choose your poison …
Several are, indeed, flagged up because of potential health issues, although most of those seem to have guidance on the strength that can be used safely, and others are flagged up for potential allergic reactions.
Like any product you use, even aspirins, you should know what is in them and the potential side-effects and so on and it is always worth being aware of what you are using.

I do it like this:
Base coat,
White tips,
Pink colour - taken over the top of the white tips - I find this tones down the white and looks less false. To be honest I didn't like the RCM beige or pink colours so I bought a different colour, but my favourite one to use is Leighton Denny 'Starkers' which I just let dry for ten mins naturally, then
Top coat.

Latest posts

Back