Kipling Helena Collection Premium Large Tote Bag
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.109735

Kipling Helena Collection Premium Crossbody Bag
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.109736

Kipling Helena Collection Premium Large Tote Bag
QVC Price:

£178.00

P&P: £5.95

What's happening to Kipling?? Are they determined to lose their most loyal customers? Those prices are near enough to Lulu Guinness prices! Sorry, QVC, if that's the way it's going, it's ebay for me - some excellent buys to be had on newish Kipling bags and I could always wait till the HC styles are sold off if I was determined to own one.

I was in Belgium recently and had a look in a couple of Kipling stores and the prices were much higher than they used to be. I have to say though I did like what I saw but resisted.

Not keen either. I think those prices are similar to the super city range with the metal monkey.

I am coveting the bagsational in the blue patch atm but waiting for a bargain price on it.

I go through stages of being disappointed with kipling - I think their prices are rising all the time - but after a hideous radley experience - it has cemented to me how much I love kipling.I find ebay the cheapest place to buy them now - although I think on the plus side they hold their prices - I've just sold a handful on ebay ,yself and got my money back on most of them!! I do know have a kipling budget burning a hole in my pocket and I'm trying so hard to hang out for the TSV (although if we have the same colours as germany,I wont be buying!!)

I do like the look of the HC range although only 2 pics are showing.I expected the price to be big but have noticed some of them are leather which is totally not what I want - so thats put me off so far.

The standard of the fabric designs in the past 7-8 years has been very poor imho, and if it takes a model to come up with something tempting then they need to change their design team! The plain colours got stuck in a rut of jade/teal, dirty pink and 50 shades of greige as well. I have a couple of their leather bags bought from Brand Alley and Rtherapy a few years ago and they're lovely quality, well worth snapping up if you see one at a good price, but they never seemed to catch on on QVC.

That's good to know Ian, though I really don't need any more bags...where have I heard that before... oh yes...from me!:doh:

Amazon do brilliant prices for Kipling. Case in point are their Lightening Deals. I bought a new season Practi-Cool in Natural Snake in today's LD for £20!!!!!! It was £34.99 (Full price is £74.50 on Amazon). Used a 20% discount code GRABFASH and noticed it was applied to the full price, which is how I ended up paying £20 for it.

Oh and free Super Saver delivery too.

It's always worth hanging on in there and wait for Amazon to price crash a new Kipling collection, which usually happens about 4-6 weeks after launch. The Lightening Deals are effecting those price crashes much earlier.

I never buy Kipling from QVC other than a TSV. It's always full priced and hefty p&p. Case in point was a few weeks when QVC were selling the Erine in Cafe Latte for £65 plus p&p. Amazon were selling the very same bag the very same day for £25 plus free Super Saver delivery. Go figure!

If I am desperately keen for a new collection bag (I have bought one of the Helena bags) I go to rtherapyclothing.co.uk. Always 10% off on new collections and free delivery. Service is always reliable and excellent.

I agree that Kipling prices are going up, up, up. For that reason I stick mostly with Amazon for Kipling due to their amazing prices. Amazon are still making a profit so it makes me wonder about the mark up which must be massive. I also agree that some if the designs and colours are a bit dull. I remember back in the day when many of the prints were really eye catching and quirky. Today, many of the designs and prints are more "mainstream", probably to attract a wider audience I suppose. However it is a brand that has wide appeal and not every design will appeal to everyone. We'd all be boring if we liked the same thing. In any event, if a collection doesn't grab you, there is always another one in 3 months time as Kipling release 4 collections a year.

I have been buying Kipling bags for around 18 years and still love them.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Kipling should stick to what they do best, they have cornered the market for cheap(ish) fun yet practical lightweight nylon travel bags and handbags. There are tens if not hundreds of leather handbag brands out there and if they are approaching the £200 I'd be wanting something a bit more upmarket than a Kipling.

Amazon do brilliant prices for Kipling. Case in point are their Lightening Deals. I bought a new season Practi-Cool in Natural Snake in today's LD for £20!!!!!! It was £34.99 (Full price is £74.50 on Amazon). Used a 20% discount code GRABFASH and noticed it was applied to the full price, which is how I ended up paying £20 for it.

Oh and free Super Saver delivery too.

It's always worth hanging on in there and wait for Amazon to price crash a new Kipling collection, which usually happens about 4-6 weeks after launch. The Lightening Deals are effecting those price crashes much earlier.

I never buy Kipling from QVC other than a TSV. It's always full priced and hefty p&p. Case in point was a few weeks when QVC were selling the Erine in Cafe Latte for £65 plus p&p. Amazon were selling the very same bag the very same day for £25 plus free Super Saver delivery. Go figure!

If I am desperately keen for a new collection bag (I have bought one of the Helena bags) I go to rtherapyclothing.co.uk. Always 10% off on new collections and free delivery. Service is always reliable and excellent.

I agree that Kipling prices are going up, up, up. For that reason I stick mostly with Amazon for Kipling due to their amazing prices. Amazon are still making a profit so it makes me wonder about the mark up which must be massive. I also agree that some if the designs and colours are a bit dull. I remember back in the day when many of the prints were really eye catching and quirky. Today, many of the designs and prints are more "mainstream", probably to attract a wider audience I suppose. However it is a brand that has wide appeal and not every design will appeal to everyone. We'd all be boring if we liked the same thing. In any event, if a collection doesn't grab you, there is always another one in 3 months time as Kipling release 4 collections a year.

I have been buying Kipling bags for around 18 years and still love them.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

There's a Gabbie in Wednesday's Lightning Deals ay 12.59pm if anyone's around online at that time to check out the price & which colour(s) :up:

Don't use leather so the HC bags won't be for me, not that I'm very enamoured by the two that have pictures anyway. I always buy from Ebay and Amazon, and I also have a Kipling outlet shop nearby and have had some fantastic bargains from there.

I remember some years back they did two ranges by Fergie(Black Eyed Peas), never hit the UK but they were very expensive too. I think Kipling class these as designer or celeb and think we all must rush to by as its X,Y or Z.

I actually use a City April in brown as my everyday bag for years, it has more than paid for its self. The basic ones have no interest for me, I was shocked how superior the City range was in quality of lining etc compared to the basic when I first got my April. But then Kipling does not interest me these days.

I have that bag too Donna, and a couple of others from the city range. Agree they were excellent! Kipling seem to have lost their way since they announced new designers (not the celebrity ones) a few years ago; they should get the old designers back!

A few weeks ago QVC were flogging a Kipling Kindle cover.

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/stor...:CatalogSearch

Price £22.50 + £3.95 P & P.
It was on 3 EP - so the first payment would be £11.45 with another £15.00 to pay in the next couple of months.

I have just bought one for my neice from Amazon for £9.66 with free postage. So it's £1.79 cheaper than Q's first payment.

They are having a laugh, at our expense IMO.

Latest posts

Back