L'Occitane Vanilla Handcream Duo Super Bargain Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sounds nice but I still like my Inecto coconut hand cream. It cannot be beaten in terms of fragrance and value! £1 for 75ml. It works out about 10x less expensive than l'Occitane :)

http://www.concordextra.com/product...+CREAM+75ML/?gclid=CNyV3In0xbkCFUXKtAodfVcAdg

and actually they have a vanilla variant too! So there!

http://www.weldricks.co.uk/product/3655479_inecto-coconut-and-vanilla-hand-and-nail-cream-75ml?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShop&_$ja=cgid:5469211749|tsid:45416|cid:113219349|lid:18283950120|nw:{ifsearch:search}{ifcontent:content}|crid:18293365989|dvc:{device}|adp:{adposition}|bku:1&gclid=COzQrJr0xbkCFXMQtAodUk0AmQ

Last edited:
The large 150ml hand creams are £19. The vanilla shea butter one was in my local store at the weekend , not keen on the smell , prefer the original shea butter. I think they are trying to get rid of the old stock atm as it was supposed to be a limited production of this product.

My coconut cream is better value than the lot of them! Be a wise owl and not a foolish chaffinch!

I hate the smell of vanilla in creams, perfumes and toiletries. It`s everywhere these days !
Must admit I like the L`occitane original handcream but haven`t bought it in ages. I won`t buy their stuff these days..

I love the original hand cream but it's just far too expensive nowadays. I am trying Crabtree and Evelyn Citron - the smell is amazing.

Andrea oddly that's the only Crabtree & Evelyn handcream I don't much like! If you buy the gift sets its nearly always in there and its one of their top sellers.

Thank you

L'Occitane Vanilla Handcream Duo
Item Number: 204475
QVC Price £34.50
Super Bargain Price £28.20
P&P £3.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.204475

good value as each of the smell handcreams are 75ml for £14 each these will be 150ml each which is £28

so £56 worth for about £32.15

Thank you to SCW for taking the time to tell us about this bargain price, I myself love the fragrance and had not spotted this on the website. I'm sure I'm not the only one to be grateful for the information. I'll be placing my order.

More fool you, dearie! I sure ain't paying over £30 for a vast amount of handcream. I am going to try the Inecto Coconut and Vanilla one though. Having used the coconut one for several years I am sure the vanilla variant will be good. I have always liked every Inecto product I have tried. Here's the link to the new vanilla one!

http://www.weldricks.co.uk/product/3655479_inecto-coconut-and-vanilla-hand-and-nail-cream-75ml?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShop&_$ja=cgid:5469211749|tsid:45416|cid:113219349|lid:18283950120|nw:{ifsearch:search}{ifcontent:content}|crid:18293365989|dvc:{device}|adp:{adposition}|bku:1&gclid=CMu7qcuUyLkCFbLMtAodQTgAdg

Thank you to SCW for taking the time to tell us about this bargain price, I myself love the fragrance and had not spotted this on the website. I'm sure I'm not the only one to be grateful for the information. I'll be placing my order.

More fool you, dearie! I sure ain't paying over £30 for a vast amount of handcream. I am going to try the Inecto Coconut and Vanilla one though. Having used the coconut one for several years I am sure the vanilla variant will be good. I have always liked every Inecto product I have tried.

Why is someone a 'fool' for choosing to spend their own money on something that they like and will enjoy using?

Same with handbags, cars, candles or whatever floats their boat... it's about personal choice so just live and let live... no insults required :handshake:

While acknowledging everyone's right to spend their money however they choose, I do believe that it is important to know the value of money. A fool and his money are soon parted. Looking at the hand cream example both products are excellent however the price ratio is vastly disproportionate. £4 for Inecto versus > £30 for l'Occitane. I wonder why anyone would require 300ml of handcream anyway if they are not getting one as a teacher gift / for a backpacker or other such nonsense. I have eczema and use Inecto often, however 75ml still lasts around 6 months. So if I can spend one pound on 75ml of a product that has proven reliable for several years why would I pay £30 more for a vast quantity of a product that is: A) Not better that Inecto coconut cream and B) In a quantity that is not required? All I can see that I would be getting for my 30 quid is a dollop of karité and some fancy brand / packaging!

My friend Georgia bought some l'Occitane hand sanitisers with lavender in for a crazy price. I bought a plain hand sanitiser from Savers for 49p and put my own lavender and tea tree oils in. Excellent! I know the value of money, what is worth spending on and what is not! I don't have a car, I ride an electric bike that costs 2 pence to charge and carries me for 50 miles.
I shop in Asda and eat only the best organic foods at low prices, and enjoy a lifestyle that for many on my income (now £21,315pa) that is out of the grasp of many people who earn more. I have a flat in Vilnius and a bungalow on the Isle of Wight. I look younger than my years, enjoy a high level of fitness and don't go in for marketing hype! If someone chooses to spend a large amount of money on one or two little luxuries it doesn't necessarily make them a fool, but it is certainly a foolish act to pay more for things than necessary. So yes I DO look down on people buying that l'Occitane hand cream. It is a waste of money!

Why is someone a 'fool' for choosing to spend their own money on something that they like and will enjoy using?

Same with handbags, cars, candles or whatever floats their boat... it's about personal choice so just live and let live... no insults required :handshake:

Last edited:
While acknowledging everyone's right to spend their money however they choose, I do believe that it is important to know the value of money. A fool and his money are soon parted. Looking at the hand cream example both products are excellent however the price ratio is vastly disproportionate. £4 for Inecto versus > £30 for l'Occitane. I wonder why anyone would require 300ml of handcream anyway if they are not getting one as a teacher gift / for a backpacker or other such nonsense. I have eczema and use Inecto often, however 75ml still lasts around 6 months. So if I can spend one pound on 75ml of a product that has proven reliable for several years why would I pay £30 more for a vast quantity of a product that is: A) Not better that Inecto coconut cream and B) In a quantity that is not required? All I can see that I would be getting for my 30 quid is a dollop of karité and some fancy brand / packaging!

My friend Georgia bought some l'Occitane hand sanitisers with lavender in for a crazy price. I bought a plain hand sanitiser from Savers for 49p and put my own lavender and tea tree oils in. Excellent! I know the value of money, what is worth spending on and what is not! I don't have a car, I ride an electric bike that costs 2 pence to charge and carries me for 50 miles.
I shop in Asda and eat only the best organic foods at low prices, and enjoy a lifestyle that for many on my income (now £21,315pa) that is out of the grasp of many people who earn more. I have a flat in Vilnius and a bungalow on the Isle of Wight. I look younger than my years, enjoy a high level of fitness and don't go in for marketing hype! If someone chooses to spend a large amount of money on one or two little luxuries it doesn't necessarily make them a fool, but it is certainly a foolish act to pay more for things than necessary. So yes I DO look down on people buying that l'Occitane hand cream. It is a waste of money!

Good grief - you need to take a long look at how you speak to some people on here.

We don't need to know all about how affluent / frugal / fit you are... not really relevant on a thread about hand cream, is it?

You and I know very little about the other members, but I just accept that we are all different. Age, gender, lifestyle, values, family makeup will all be different... so what? We are bound to have different likes and dislikes... that is life.

I come on this forum to hear about upcoming items (thanks to SCW) and hear about people's experiences with the brands etc not to read judgemental comments from you about other people's choices.

The fact that you feel the need to criticise says more about you than anyone else...

Please, just accept that there is a choice and it will not always be the same as yours! That does not make someone a fool!

I don't mind reading about what Julius posts plenty of other people have gone off track,if he feels like sharing parts of his life that's up to him.
Lynn :cool:

The soaps I quite like, the more reasonably priced items are fine. But if another product works well and it's hugely less expensive then it doesn't make sense to buy anythin more expensive unless the cost can be justified. My ex girlfriend used to bought me 2 l'occitane handcreams. The only ever l'occitane products I have paid for are foot cream, sghaving cream, shower gel and soaps. Now with the soaps I buy them from Debenhams or John Lewis once a year before summer holidays as a treat. I have many soaps and few have compared to l'occitane. They are really good. I don't think paying £4 for a soap that lasts longer than Dove for example is a bad thing. The handcream however has a completely disproportionate cost to benefit ratio which for me, makes it unfeasible. When I was in the Army I used Dettol soap, which actually I didn't mind (it was called Dettol Fresh Fragrance. I bought some l'occitane soaps this year before going to Spain as had been through a difficult time following a shoulder injury. I'm not saying all l'occitane products are bad, or all people that buy them are bad, but some products are better value than others, and that someone spending > £30 on a vast amount of handcream is not a wise economical decision. I am quite a judgemental person. That is how I am! I like this forum for enabling discussion of things. It would be boring if we all thought the same.
Oh interesting.

When Julius was off to join the army he was bringing all his L'Occitane products with him as he used nothing else.

It would be a funny old world if we all liked the same things and if our motivations and, as Julius puts it justifications, for buying handcream (and anything and everything else) were the same. My decisions on what to buy are my own. I'm interested it what others think, what they like and don't like but that's as far as it goes. I won't be buying the Inecto handcream any time soon as is my foolish right.

I'm more than happy to hear opinions - not so happy to hear forumites being called 'fools' simply because they choose to buy something that someone else feels is a waste of money.

Oh my goodness. All of you! Go and buy gallons of overpriced handcream if you want to! Waste your money if you so choose to do! It your money, after all. I don't care! I was only trying to help :(

Latest posts

Back