Anyone had a return go missing in the post?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharon-s

Registered Shopper
I returned an item by recorded delivery, after 15 days I checked my orders with qvc and it wasn't showing as returned so I checked my tracking and it said it was in the delivery network. I put a claim in and on Saturday received a letter from Royal Mail saying that they had closed the case as qvc have not replied to their request to confirm that they had not received the item back. I emailed qvc on Monday asking them to respond and to let me know when they had done so. I have heard nothing. Has anyone else experienced the same?
Thanks

Unfortunately, yes, I've had this happen recently. One was a DB coat that we were unable to track. No one seemed to know what had happened to it, as the courier told one person it was lost and another that it had been delivered! We had to get in touch with the Boss in the end to help. It turned out that it was actually in the QVC warehouse but they just hadn't processed it. More recently, a recorded delivery item appeared to have vanished into thin air between my post office and QVC. It took a bit of investigation but we did find out that it had been delivered, but it took Royal Mail almost 10 days to do so, for no clear reason. Hopefully yours will show up somewhere but you'll have to keep pushing at QVC to get them to do anything. They **NEVER** answer emails. Thanks to other forumites, I had the email of the CEO ([email protected]), so send a message there if you need to as something actually got done once they got involved, and quickly too. Although RM seem to have a lot to do with these delays, as well as cutbacks on staff elsewhere.

I did.

I just told QVC that it was sent recorded and they did the refund to me right away.

Didnt even want the tracking number to check.

Why not just ring and tell them you sent it on x date by recorded delivery and see what they say???

Nothing to lose.

Happened to me, the Q sent out the letter for me to sign - as official proof that I had indeed returned it - I returned it and the Q refunded it, no problem. Sounds like the problem was with the Royal Mail - and they want us to buy shares?

I was just going to say the same as Sally, QVC are pretty good at refunding where you can give them some sort of proof of posting. Royal mail are less than helpful in my experience.

Thanks everyone, qvc have now replied to my email, they said that they did reply to RM (obviously got lost in the post!!!!) they said they have sent a letter for me to sign and send back with proof of posting and they will refund. I responded thanking them but don't see why they should have to pay me when Royal Mail have lost it, what is the point of tracking if you can't track it

Latest posts

Back