Website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if QVC have internal staff for website creation and maintenance or do they use an agency? I suspect they have internal staff as the site seems to be perpetually broken in some way and I'm sure no decent agency would allow that to happen!

Does anyone know if QVC have internal staff for website creation and maintenance or do they use an agency? I suspect they have internal staff as the site seems to be perpetually broken in some way and I'm sure no decent agency would allow that to happen!

I think you might have left an "h" out there Moth

I never have a problem either, but people are always complaining that the site is down on the FB page, while other people say it's fine for them. From what Q have said in reply it seems that the problem is probably at the user's end, and if the user reboots and clears cookies etc. they're usually ok. Nobody has ever been able to put their finger on what causes some to have problems and others not to, but there have been a lot of theories from geographic region, ISP, and - the most popular - the browser you use. Some people on FB swear that the minute they stop using Safari and change to Firefox (for example), all their problems cease. Then others immediately post that it doesn't work for them with Firefox, but Explorer is fine. I doubt they'll ever get to the bottom of it, but it would seem likely that if thousands are using the site very happily without any problems at exactly the same time that a few are saying it's not working for them at all, that the problem is some kind of incompatability on the user's part.

The site seems to work best for me with Google Chrome, whereas on IE the customer reviews aren't visible and often the product photos don't load.

I use Chrome at home and IE at work, and both are absolutely fine. As our friends across The Pond would say, go figure!

Just to answer the OPs question, they have all their own staff who manage the site and infrastructure.

Latest posts

Back