172 quid for a windchime!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
They are surely taking the p***.

Sorry to anyone who likes Kirks Folly but the stuff is overpriced tat, makes B&W look upmsrket. However that is taking it too far, at best it was worth £15. Not a bit wonder she blows that glitter about (creepy or what) she is laughing all the way to the bank.

Shame on you Q. I could have got a piece of nice (real) jewellery for that. I like a bit of bling myself but with a bit more class and a lot cheaper.

As my dear departed mum would say she must think we came up the river on a bubble.

I concur with both posts. I bought a pair of earrings, when the range first appeared on the Q and received favourable comments. They did break, however, so were refunded. I am not, generically, into costume jewellery, so KF wouldn't be on my agenda anyway; I do like the themes she bases her designs on and can, consequently, understand why people would be attracted by it. Several pieces are affordably priced, possible because KF buyers are ardent devotees of the range and will, in all probability, spend many spondulicks on her stuff, i.e. the windchime, thus sending her profits soaring north at an alarming rate. Each to one's own. I do feel that this 'fairy dust' regime she employs, convincing people to believe the angels are looking after us, is a sales ploy designed to elicit orders. If falling for this tripe makes the wearer happier and more content, that is fine, as long as they choose to spend the money. I would rather invest the kind of money being charged for the windchime, in a piece of antique jewellery, although there is a place in one's life for both.

What a load of overpriced rubbish. Her and her ****** fairy dust, a child would know it is glitter for crafting etc. She is another one who plays on people's weaknesses in order to make huge profits.

So, dotty old Jennifer Kirk has returned to tout an overpriced wind chime, has she? I just looked at it and it looks like it's been assembled by a 5 year old using the contents of last year's Christmas cracker. If you want a wind chime QVC sell many fr more reasonably priced alternatives for £10-£15. Personally I can't see the point in lining the pockets of Ms Kirk. I have nothing particularly against this whimsical old bag her or her products but I don't quite see what the additional £150 that i would pay for a windchime elsewhere would buy me. She seems to think that hurling glitter at a camera is spreading love and light into the world. Not it isn't, it's making her look like a stupid cow! Still, what's one man's meat is another man's poison and I've no doubt that there are countless devoted, dotty old bints all queuing up to buy this trash. Were it me, I would take a flight to Barcelona and have a weekend away. Maybe the men in white coats will one day drag her off screen, but this time she will blow pepper dust in their eyes, kick them in the 'nads and then sod off to her home that is no doubt adorned with countless cheesey cherubs, pewter pixies resplendent with Aurora Borealis and other ghastly artefacts!

In her defence she is a business woman, she's not forcing anyone to buy her products. There must be market for it. I don't like any of her items but if someone likes them they're free to spend their money how they like.

That argument again! I suppose you are quite right, really. I'm not buying her tat though! Ranks on a par with Sarah Shurety.
In her defence she is a business woman, she's not forcing anyone to buy her products. There must be market for it. I don't like any of her items but if someone likes them they're free to spend their money how they like.

im a libran so i can see both views....:wave:

Indeed they are.

I bought a KF brooch years ago, hardly wore it so sold it on ebay for double what I paid for it.

Why are american guests like Jennifer Kirk, only on air for a couple of hours a visit these days. Years back i remember when Guests came over from America, Jennifer, Suzi B, Dennis B, etc, would grace our screens for 3 to 4 days with like 2 2 hour segments a day.

These days the only guests who seem to do that, are the gorgeous Kim Mendelson and Ralph Rossini

i bought a lovley windchime in Brighton last week for a fiver...an angel one...really pretty ..cant think of the name of the hop but had some pretty and quirky things in there very reasonable

I really like some of the KF stuff, although granted some of it is a bit Butler and Wilson. The nicer bits really are lovely though. I wouldn't pay nearly £180 in for a windchime in my wildest dreams even if I had it to spend, but I do think they look nice. It's weird, half the range seems to be fairly reasonably priced and the other half astronomical. Baffled.

I was in Brighton last week and saw some windchimes in a shop in Sydney Street / Kensington Gardens.
i bought a lovley windchime in Brighton last week for a fiver...an angel one...really pretty ..cant think of the name of the hop but had some pretty and quirky things in there very reasonable

So, dotty old Jennifer Kirk has returned to tout an overpriced wind chime, has she? I just looked at it and it looks like it's been assembled by a 5 year old using the contents of last year's Christmas cracker. If you want a wind chime QVC sell many fr more reasonably priced alternatives for £10-£15. Personally I can't see the point in lining the pockets of Ms Kirk. I have nothing particularly against this whimsical old bag her or her products but I don't quite see what the additional £150 that i would pay for a windchime elsewhere would buy me. She seems to think that hurling glitter at a camera is spreading love and light into the world. Not it isn't, it's making her look like a stupid cow! Still, what's one man's meat is another man's poison and I've no doubt that there are countless devoted, dotty old bints all queuing up to buy this trash. Were it me, I would take a flight to Barcelona and have a weekend away. Maybe the men in white coats will one day drag her off screen, but this time she will blow pepper dust in their eyes, kick them in the 'nads and then sod off to her home that is no doubt adorned with countless cheesey cherubs, pewter pixies resplendent with Aurora Borealis and other ghastly artefacts!

But her house is apparently that astoundingly beautiful property that appears on some of the KF trailers and I bet it most certainly isn't full of cheap tat but very expensive items all paid for by the vulnerable people that believe the fairy/guardian angel stuff. Now, I am not ridiculing that at all because if that brings people comfort then that's a good thing. What isn't a good thing is exploiting it.

I just about choked on my large glass of wine when I saw that wind chime and I even had to drag OH away from his computer cricket, just as he was about to win the Ashes single handedly, to view that astoundingly outrageous price. Please tell me no one paid that - our local Ali's Cave has very similar for £4.99.

CC

the shop in brighton where i go my angel windchimne is called Evolution gifts and online evolutiongifts.co.uk....they sell forcharity too which i great:clapping:

Anyone who buys that stuff doesn't get the hint...

It's called Kirk's FOLLY.. ;)

It would be a Folly to buy any of that stuff. Just switch off when I see the intro, or find myself mid-show..

Now I'm not into fairies and guardian angels. I do have a much loved fairy that takes pride of place at the top if my christmas tree every year, and a little fairy garden ornament that hides in my garden. I once bought a kirks folly necklace that was in last clicks as a gift for my neice. It was christmas cracker quality, worse than cheap high street costume jewelery. I sent it back in disgust. I would never buy any of that brand again, even if I liked the look of the item on air- because having seen the shocking quality I am appalled at the prices charged for it.

Now I'm not into fairies and guardian angels. I do have a much loved fairy that takes pride of place at the top if my christmas tree every year, and a little fairy garden ornament that hides in my garden. I once bought a kirks folly necklace that was in last clicks as a gift for my neice. It was christmas cracker quality, worse than cheap high street costume jewelery. I sent it back in disgust. I would never buy any of that brand again, even if I liked the look of the item on air- because having seen the shocking quality I am appalled at the prices charged for it.

My Mum still uses the same angel on her Christmas tree from when I was a little girl WG. It's had a few new dresses and wings on it over the years. Being of a certain age it's lasted quoted well!. Back to topic I certainly wouldn't pay that much for a wind chime, but each to their own.

I know Evolution! It's in New Road. They also used to have a shop opposite Waitrose on Western Road!
the shop in brighton where i go my angel windchimne is called Evolution gifts and online evolutiongifts.co.uk....they sell forcharity too which i great:clapping:

Latest posts

Back