SBC Arnica Bath Soak

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
I have just received SBC's Arnica Bath Soak in the new style packaging, awful new pump system and bottle...you'll get more down the bottle than in the bath!

My concern is that they appear to have changed the Ingredients and it's slightly darker in colour...why? I have used this product for years now and especially after surgery for the bruising, but I'm now scared to use it in case I get a reaction...something I don't need on fresh scaring. They should at least inform you that they have changed the ingredients.

Why do companies always have to tinker with things that have stood the test of time.

Has anyone else noticed that everyone seems to be changing their packaging SBC, Philip Kingsley...I've just received some of his shampoo and conditioner in the new packaging from another supplier and it's awful, even feels thinner...the old packaging was brilliant, shiny, glossy, manageable hair, this stuff leaves your hair still feeling greasy after rinsing it for ages.

Another chunk of money down the drain then.

I hate it when they do this, they did the same thing with the Lip Lift from GH, it used to have a good formula now it's changed and they seem to snap as well now. I much prefer the original SBC packaging, the new one just looks like they tried to copy off another brand. The original was better.

I must be a bit of a dinasaur as I hate change for change sake. My OH always says, things rarely change for the better, usually when they've done " improvements" to a favourite pub!
I didn't buy the new SBC, partly as I have so much stashed away but also because they'd changed from the old pumps which I really liked plain, simple, worked! Was suspicious after having trouble with several high street brands that have a adopted similar more modern pumps, Boots No7 being one of the worst. You're lucky to get half a ml out of a pump of their new bottles.

I hate it when they do this, they did the same thing with the Lip Lift from GH, it used to have a good formula now it's changed and they seem to snap as well now. I much prefer the original SBC packaging, the new one just looks like they tried to copy off another brand. The original was better.
Yes, I thought that the bottles look so much like Elemis now.

Some of these pump action bottles drive me nuts they give up working when there is still a quarter of the product left. I am struggling with a broken arm at the moment and have had to get OH to cut top off a couple of products so I can get the rest out. I am still using old Arnica gel so no problem with that at the moment.

YBF was much better when it was Models Prefer. I still have a tiny bit of MP primer and it's nothing like the YBF one in colour or texture. Like you say, if it ain't broke why fix it? Or are all suppliers being told to cut corners and costs whenever they can?

I keep finding bottle of SBC stuff squirreled away from various TSVs.

I could probably fill a bath with the pink collagen gel and sit in it until I look 16 again! BRB....look it's started to work already!:emo:

I have just received SBC's Arnica Bath Soak in the new style packaging, awful new pump system and bottle...you'll get more down the bottle than in the bath!

My concern is that they appear to have changed the Ingredients and it's slightly darker in colour...why? I have used this product for years now and especially after surgery for the bruising, but I'm now scared to use it in case I get a reaction...something I don't need on fresh scaring. They should at least inform you that they have changed the ingredients.

Why do companies always have to tinker with things that have stood the test of time.

Has anyone else noticed that everyone seems to be changing their packaging SBC, Philip Kingsley...I've just received some of his shampoo and conditioner in the new packaging from another supplier and it's awful, even feels thinner...the old packaging was brilliant, shiny, glossy, manageable hair, this stuff leaves your hair still feeling greasy after rinsing it for ages.

Another chunk of money down the drain then.
If the change in packaging is now resulting in wasted product that's a bummer - SBC have always said that the packaging doesn't matter ....but don't assume that the change in colour means that the product formulation has changed. I've been buying the Arnica Bath Soak for years and the colour does vary. Coincidentally yesterday I opened a new bottle and was decanting the last dregs of the old one into the new bottle - the difference in colour is very marked.

According to the News section on SBC's website, the new stylish and improved packaging is down to the success of QVC Italia, not down to what we want then eh? They say jump, we say how high!

We are getting more and more products from Germany and Italy over here and now they are dictating the packaging...ah, that's why they now sport a Union Jack, there was nothing wrong with the old ones, just stick a Union Jack on that, job done!

That's why there always appears to be a price increase, to cover the cost of producing new packaging!

Change in ingredients - compare the ingredients on the old packaging with the new, there is a definite change

Latest posts

Back