Julia R £25-30 bottle of wine! Get real!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letz-be-avenue

Registered Shopper
Just heard Julia on the peony flaars show suggesting you buy one of the arrangements to take to a friends if you were going round for dinner,fair enough, she then went on to say a bottle of wine could cost you £25 to £30! How ridiculous, how many people do you know who would pop round for dinner and bring you a bottle of wine that would cost that much, perhaps my mates are all skinflints but they do come out with some drivel sometimes!!

Just heard Julia on the peony flaars show suggesting you buy one of the arrangements to take to a friends if you were going round for dinner,fair enough, she then went on to say a bottle of wine could cost you £25 to £30! How ridiculous, how many people do you know who would pop round for dinner and bring you a bottle of wine that would cost that much, perhaps my mates are all skinflints but they do come out with some drivel sometimes!!

I just mentioned this in the annoying words thread lol , totally ridiculous lol

Indeed!
Also, how chuffing annoying would it be if a friend came round and said they'd brought some flowers instead of a bottle of wine?! Ex-friend! :giggle:

when most people in the country are trying to watch their pennys this is plain desperate...i think the days of wine and roses are over for the presenters...hard sell all round it seems anyway ..

blimey, I know I live on my own (plus the cat) but £25 - £30 would give me a week's worth of nice meals. OR if you buy your food from M&S you could cater the whole dinner party for £30 (well, excl the wine).

I don't even know where to go here to buy a bottle of wine costing £30.

My friends and I have made a pact. They don't bring anything to me, and I don't take anything to them , when we have lunch/dinner at each other's homes. We are inviting for the company, not for what they bring - we all agreed we'd had enough of pot plants, plonk and boxes of Heroes. Candles were never on the list. This was a liberating experience, no guilt at forgetting a 'pressy' and calling in at the garage. Just turning up is enough.

I'm at a loss for words that JR can even imagine her audience could contemplate paying those wine prices for friends, and Jill Franks to say "what can you buy for under £25 ?" as she did one year when discussing Xmas presents, just shows how little they know (or care) of their target audience. Jill Franks in particular, seems to believe she is talking solely to the Knightsbridge crowd, who think nothing of spending £15 on a coffee and sandwich !

Jill Franks in particular, seems to believe she is talking solely to the Knightsbridge crowd, who think nothing of spending £15 on a coffee and sandwich !
The other day she was presenting an item that was on easy pay and she said each payment was £11.40 which would be the cost of a coffee and a muffin!

Last edited:
My friends and I have made a pact. They don't bring anything to me, and I don't take anything to them , when we have lunch/dinner at each other's homes. We are inviting for the company, not for what they bring - we all agreed we'd had enough of pot plants, plonk and boxes of Heroes. Candles were never on the list. This was a liberating experience, no guilt at forgetting a 'pressy' and calling in at the garage. Just turning up is enough.

I'm at a loss for words that JR can even imagine her audience could contemplate paying those wine prices for friends, and Jill Franks to say "what can you buy for under £25 ?" as she did one year when discussing Xmas presents, just shows how little they know (or care) of their target audience. Jill Franks in particular, seems to believe she is talking solely to the Knightsbridge crowd, who think nothing of spending £15 on a coffee and sandwich !

Jill Franks makes my blood boil, she was saying the other night she usually goes away for 4 weeks at a time,some people can't afford 1 week away, she is in another world.

Latest posts

Back