Beauty is what you are

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Apart from not knowing what the sentence actually is supposed to mean I am getting fed up hearing it at the start, middle and end of every blessed break.

It's like Bare Minerals "pretty is as pretty does".Now the original Forrest Gump "Stupid is as stupid does...." makes sense and it is a very clever phrase. But the Bare Minerals take on it.....not sure. Are they trying to say that everyone can look pretty if they "do" their make up? Otherwise it doesnt make sense.

I kinda like it. Beauty is what you are. That is it comes from within. It cannot be bought. Or found in a jar, pot or tube. That is how I see it anyhow. Admittedly it is an unusual stance for a "beauty company" to take.

I thought they were pushing it a bit with their trailer for the last beauty event. All about how real beauty is something precious that touches our lives in different ways but is nothing we can buy. But tune in anyway folks just in case.

"Be a beauty force of nature"...what in a frilly hat does that mean?

Tell you what, it's windy here this afternoon, is that the sort of thing they're driving at?

I kinda like it. Beauty is what you are. That is it comes from within. It cannot be bought. Or found in a jar, pot or tube. That is how I see it anyhow. Admittedly it is an unusual stance for a "beauty company" to take.

Lovely idea in theory, but physical beauty can definitely be found in a jar, pot or tube. Without make-up I look like one of the Living Dead, with it I can pass for human. I rarely venture out without makeup, but yesterday I quickly nipped to the local chemist, whereupon the pharmacist promptly asked me if I was feeling alright because I didn't look well! Apparently I didn't look my "normal healthy" self, and I can't complain because she was right.

When I first met the love of my life he wouldn't believe I looked bad without makeup. The first time he saw me au naturel, there was a long pause and then he said "Yes . . . . well . . . . . it's not good is it!" (He followed that with "but I love you anyway"!)

Just finished wallpapering the hall, nails destroyed, physically knackered, hair screwed back, headache. Yes, beauty is what I am! :bandit:

Lovely idea in theory, but physical beauty can definitely be found in a jar, pot or tube. Without make-up I look like one of the Living Dead, with it I can pass for human. I rarely venture out without makeup, but yesterday I quickly nipped to the local chemist, whereupon the pharmacist promptly asked me if I was feeling alright because I didn't look well! Apparently I didn't look my "normal healthy" self, and I can't complain because she was right.

When I first met the love of my life he wouldn't believe I looked bad without makeup. The first time he saw me au naturel, there was a long pause and then he said "Yes . . . . well . . . . . it's not good is it!" (He followed that with "but I love you anyway"!)

Well I am a firm believer that beauty is where you find it. So if you find beauty in a pot, jar or tube then good for you.

Personally I don't find beauty in "beauty products." Yes I appreciate the power of make-up and it's transformative, masking and enhancing abilities. Yes I enjoy using nice skincare products, but don't feel they make me look more beautiful.

I am happy you have a man who loves you with and without make-up. A man who only loves you "made-up" would definitely not be a good man to have. Imagine the hard work having to touch-up before bed and set your alarm early to re-apply before he got up. Not to mention the hard work you would have getting all that slap off your pillow cases!

Well I am a firm believer that beauty is where you find it. So if you find beauty in a pot, jar or tube then good for you.

Personally I don't find beauty in "beauty products." Yes I appreciate the power of make-up and it's transformative, masking and enhancing abilities. Yes I enjoy using nice skincare products, but don't feel they make me look more beautiful.

I am happy you have a man who loves you with and without make-up. A man who only loves you "made-up" would definitely not be a good man to have. Imagine the hard work having to touch-up before bed and set your alarm early to re-apply before he got up. Not to mention the hard work you would have getting all that slap off your pillow cases!

Ah but Bare minerals have even tried that one haven't they - make up for bed.....
http://www.qvcuk.com/bareMinerals-P...=225224-DRIL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-20-_-225224
Mad.

Latest posts

Back