huntley again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Just presenting the BB programme. What on earth does she look like? An extra from Downton Abbey? Her own grandma? Why can't these highly paid women wear suitable clothes for the job. Julia looked nice last night in a black lace dress. Perhaps she has at last learned it is better to cover up. Ali Keenan always well and smartly dressed. Look and learn, lady!

I thought just the same Ruthmay, she seems to have no confidence in the way she looks or sounds. She tries too hard sometimes. It makes for uncomfortable viewing. As far as the hair piece, I wish Ken Paves would take her to one side and advise her about a better hair colour. The flouncy hair and flouncy blouse is too much!

Don't get me wrong, I love strawberry blonde hair and you'd think it'd be a good option for my colouring, pale skin? check! green/hazel eyes? check! a few freckles? check! but when I've tried this hair colour it looks terrible on me, I look like those old dears who dye their white hair red and it fades to a weird washed out apricot!

If she's on with Ken P later today I hope he tries her in wigs in other colours, and when she get's compliments on Twitter she'll consider something other than the reddish blonde she has at the moment. (PS red hair doesn't automatically mean you'll suit any shade of green clothing). She looked better as a blonde or a brunette imho.

Last edited:
I don't like Catherine's hair at present, I don't think the colour suits her complexion. She used to look really nice when she had the brunette bob a few years back.

Careful what you say, Akimbo. I am a not so dear old dear with silver hair, don't dye it, it is what it is.

:wave: Silver sounds perfect...but if you started to be tempted by Phyllis Pearce and Mrs Slocombe blue/lilac/pink rinses I'd have to say something!! :wink: :giggle:

From someone who gets very bored with their hair and loves a bit of hair dye I have no problem with CH's many hairstyles and colours but she really does go from one extreme to another.I can remember CH starting QVC looking like a lost and frightened sparrow with a market white jumper on.She then got a bit of confidence in the job and some wages in the bank and started putting a few streaks in her blonde hair and had a more expensive cut.That era was met with wearing leather and lots of school mistress pencil skirts and glasses!

Then she went for a very short dark pob which I thought was a bit harsh for her very pale complexion - but it did look glossy and good - but then she got caught up in some sort of minnie mouse affair - with lots of red lipstick and a hankering and non stop wearing polka dots and flared circle skirts.

Then she wanted to grow it and had god awful hair extensions in - that were then took out but reappeared at least once if not twice.Now she has chosen a colour that looks lovely when its first done for about a week - but then after that every time you wash it,its just a colour that washes down the plughole - and shes left with a very faded pink tint.She really does need to sort it out.

I love hair and fashions and colours in hair (can you tell lol) if I hadnt been a teacher,hair would have been my thing!! and I like ch - I really quite do - but shes such an insecure,under confident woman.I wont even begin to comment on the various fads of her life - from paul mckenna hypnotherapy,to a nail technician,to loving wales,then festivals,then belly dancing,then acting........

She'll have you ghost-writing her biography for sale on QVC if you're not careful Rdottie! But you're spot on with the many faces of CHuntley :giggle:

My hair has been every possible length and colour and combination thereof :emo:

I keep hearing it but i really fail to see Catherine as not confident!!!! The fitted clothes and the bright bold hair colours etc tell me the exact opposite. Whatever, dont like her as a presenter and cannot comment on her as a person as i only know here on screen persona.

I personally think she suits blonde best but hated the long extensions era.

well i am not an expert on QVC presenters (i keep reading names on here and i have to go look them up on the site) but I think ms. Huntly looks a lot better than she used to with her blonde bob. She was very mumsy and old fashioned looking when i first started shopping at Q. She then went all Vamp with long hair and more fitted clothes. now, while not my taste, she at least looks her age and modern-ish. its her fringe that does it for me tho... not many people can pull off such a severe fringe and imo she isnt one of them

I keep hearing it but i really fail to see Catherine as not confident!!!! The fitted clothes and the bright bold hair colours etc tell me the exact opposite. Whatever, dont like her as a presenter and cannot comment on her as a person as i only know here on screen persona.

I personally think she suits blonde best but hated the long extensions era.

Likewise, I see the exact opposite of lack of condidence. I see a vain woman who is constantly inviting everyone to shower her with compliments by acting like one of the lesser Bennett girls swooning all over the place, poor silly little me.

Also don't understand why if you are going to have your hair such a distinctive colour why you would have such bad roots much of the time.

I just cannot stand her.

Maybe it's not exactly a lack of confidence but closer to "Imposter Syndrome", I think she can't believe her luck that she's doing the job she does.

I just think she just cannot stop gushing with certain guests, whether like AD she is after freebies(but goes about it slightly differently on air:giggle:), or star struck by the handbag designer. God help us if someone really high fashion turned up, she would be a puddle on the studio floor.

I never got over her whining about missing out on a product she wanted and was presenting on air. Why she just did not order before the show, when the presenters are suppose to check over the products coming up???? But she whined about these earring for the full two hour show. Oh, then she got round it when she ordered live on air whilst presenting a limited stock item of jewellery. On the I Pad. That left a very bad taste in many mouths. People still trying to order it and then "Oh that has sold out." Again she wanted it, do it before the show not in front of people queuing on the phone trying to get it.

I cannot stand the woman, she is vain and manipulative in that she plays the little girl act to excuse the fact that she is a bad presenter, and thinks that her needs come before the customers. Rant over, I am sure there should be some commas in that but hey ho.

Well I think she's lovely, one of my fave presenters in fact! Bit of a shame that people on here have to get so nasty and personal- slagging off the products is one thing, slagging off the channel is another... but calling someone a rinsed out old tea bag or whatever??? Would love to see what makes certain people on here so fantastic in their own lives! Apart from the fact they clearly spend hours on end not only watching QVC but then seemingly spend hours on end on a forum about QVC.....

Ooooooh! Spendy! Who rattled your cage dear?! Catherine Huntley is like a jar od Canderel!
Well I think she's lovely, one of my fave presenters in fact! Bit of a shame that people on here have to get so nasty and personal- slagging off the products is one thing, slagging off the channel is another... but calling someone a rinsed out old tea bag or whatever??? Would love to see what makes certain people on here so fantastic in their own lives! Apart from the fact they clearly spend hours on end not only watching QVC but then seemingly spend hours on end on a forum about QVC.....

But WE are not on public television, Miss Spendalot, there is a difference! If you appear in public a certain standard should be expected, whether in appearance, manner or courtesy to the viewer.

As sufferers from some presenters I think we are entitled to complain about those that annoy us for whatever reason. We watch for many reasons, but probably because there is something we want to buy. without us these presenters would have no jobs.

Catherine Huntley is the mix of an animated Vileda supermop, rinsed tea bag, jar of Canderel and a telephone chatline operator!

Latest posts

Back